Xbox Kinect

/ / /

Update?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Update?
01-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Update?
I signed into XBL and prompted for what seemed to be quite a large update...anyone have the details on what changed?

[Image: TheZeeMan.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2011, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 03:28 AM by legreffer.)
RE: Update?
Small updates, boot option and gamecard...

From major nelson (http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/01/1...-week.aspx) :

Xbox LIVE Dashboard update:
On Wednesday, January 19th we will issue a mandatory dashboard update that (re) enables the ‘Boot to Disc’ option in the Xbox 360 dashboard. After you accept the update, you’ll be able to set the option to boot to the Xbox 360 dashboard OR directly to the game you have in the tray when you power up your console. This option can be found in the System Settings.

Xbox.com update:
Additionally, on Thursday January 20th the Xbox.com team will ship an update that contains a small update to the Gamercards. We’ve updated the Gamercard look and feel a bit and removed gamerzone from the card. Other than that, the same amount of information is on the card.

Canada GMT-5
01-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Hmm cool, thanks for the find legreffer Smile

[Image: TheZeeMan.png]
01-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Don't let the ol' Major fool you. The update also added some anti-piracy measures that seem to be pointing at the Call of Duty titles. Not that I think it will affect guys here, but just wanted to give a heads up.

[Image: HazyCloud.png]
http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
01-20-2011, 06:25 PM
(01-20-2011 05:18 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  Don't let the ol' Major fool you. The update also added some anti-piracy measures that seem to be pointing at the Call of Duty titles. Not that I think it will affect guys here, but just wanted to give a heads up.

Anything thing that helps with CoD is alright with me. Three straight games I got into last night were hacked withen the first few seconds.
01-20-2011, 08:29 PM
(01-20-2011 06:25 PM)ambushbug Wrote:  
(01-20-2011 05:18 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  Don't let the ol' Major fool you. The update also added some anti-piracy measures that seem to be pointing at the Call of Duty titles. Not that I think it will affect guys here, but just wanted to give a heads up.

Anything thing that helps with CoD is alright with me. Three straight games I got into last night were hacked withen the first few seconds.

What do you mean hacked? So far the only thing I've seen is a gold gun glitch and unlock all pro perks glitch. Which by the way, TreyArach said they will be banning for.

01-20-2011, 08:37 PM
(01-20-2011 08:29 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  
(01-20-2011 06:25 PM)ambushbug Wrote:  

What do you mean hacked? So far the only thing I've seen is a gold gun glitch and unlock all pro perks glitch. Which by the way, TreyArach said they will be banning for.

Last night was the first time I had seen it on Black-Ops. A couple of seconds into the game a status bar popped up in the middle of the screen and said "Hacking". I just backed the frick out as quick as I could. I use to see it quiet a bit on MW2. Treyarch has been has been doing a pretty good job banning people, there is just so much they can do.
01-25-2011, 10:27 PM
(01-20-2011 08:37 PM)ambushbug Wrote:  Last night was the first time I had seen it on Black-Ops. A couple of seconds into the game a status bar popped up in the middle of the screen and said "Hacking". I just backed the frick out as quick as I could. I use to see it quiet a bit on MW2. Treyarch has been has been doing a pretty good job banning people, there is just so much they can do.

Weird. I haven't seen that one yet. And yes, Treyarch is doing a damn good job on catching what they can. I just hope it doesn't turn into MW2 all over again.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!