We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Users that wear glasses and Kinect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-13-2011, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2011 12:12 AM by meistroracer.)
I have already asked this in another thread, but any users that wears glasses.

Are you starting to wonder if its your glasses that is causing Kinect to behave erratically? Case in point, Kinect Sport-bowling. Today, I was trying find a "sweet spot" to be consistent on putting a spin on my bowling ball. I have gone onto the Kinect Tuner and all...to make sure I am placed and tracked correctly.

But when you do the tuner....after the adjust the tilt. There's the next screen test area where it scans or tracks you. When I do this I have to remove my glasses so it go past the test. If I don't, I get a pic of myself and it'll state that it can not locate my face. The image of me is very good. I don't continue...like I stated before remove my glasses and do the test again. It finds my face with ease and right when it saves my settings I put my glasses back on. Now, I do not know if this is a bad move or the correct move on my part. I can not get a consistent spin on the ball.

Of course, it could be me too. I am outta shape and I do tend to get tired faster too.

I would like to know what you guys thoughts and comments on the matter and/or experience you have done to resolve this issue? Or is it an known issue and we aren't aware of it? And if you do wear glasses and you have not had this, please go right ahead and post and kind of information would be helpful.

Thank you

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2011, 02:36 AM
Information RE: Users that wear glasses and Kinect
I've never been able to complete Kinect ID because it never seems to detect my face properly. I thought it was because of the lighting in the room (and the fact that the light hangs down to a height that's just above my height and it's in front of me) but maybe it's because of my glasses. I might try it without them but I couldn't play like that as everything would be a blur, lol!
02-13-2011, 03:02 AM
RE: Users that wear glasses and Kinect
I can not play without my glasses either. but I notice during the daylight when I have my curtains open. I get daylight in more lighting as well. I wonder the glare off my glasses is causing the Kinect to behave differently. Mine you, no sun, cold and cloudy and snowy here. LOL.

But as soon the daylight goes away and I have the curtains closed. I notice that the kinect hmmm...how should I put it? works alright or better. It could be me and it definitely picks up the power you generate.

Now about the Kinect Id, it is the lighting. Make sure there's no shadow on our face. Meaning, make sure you have lighting on each side of your play area. When i did this, the kinect id worked.

02-13-2011, 04:17 AM
(02-13-2011 03:02 AM)meistroracer Wrote:  I can not play without my glasses either. but I notice during the daylight when I have my curtains open. I get daylight in more lighting as well. I wonder the glare off my glasses is causing the Kinect to behave differently. Mine you, no sun, cold and cloudy and snowy here. LOL.

But as soon the daylight goes away and I have the curtains closed. I notice that the kinect hmmm...how should I put it? works alright or better. It could be me and it definitely picks up the power you generate.

Now about the Kinect Id, it is the lighting. Make sure there's no shadow on our face. Meaning, make sure you have lighting on each side of your play area. When i did this, the kinect id worked.

Well there's only one light hanging from the ceiling so I'll have to look into different lighting. I googled Kinect and glasses and found other people with problems too, including the Joystiq.com review of Kinect, so I'm thinking of maybe getting contact lenses. Although I don't like the idea of sticking things in my eyes, lol! (And I'm too scared to have laser eye surgery in case it goes wrong. Confused)
02-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Wow, I had no idea that this was a problem with people with glasses. Wow.

You are not alone when sticking stuff into your eyes. I can't even get eyedrops to drop directly without blinking and the laser thingy. My dad had it done and he had no problems since. I know what mean if they make mistake plus the money to do this.

02-14-2011, 02:29 AM
just something to ponder: watch out with glasses if you're doing multiplayer games. Otherwise the glasses may break in your eyes.

but yes, I can see Kinect being influenced by sun glare via glasses. I think it's by design,and it will probably, if so, never be fully fixed IMO.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Clothes to wear with kinect ywith 11 1,489 05-02-2011 08:51 PM
Last Post: dp247