everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!
06-01-2011, 12:45 PM
RE: VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!
Like you meistroracer, I was so waiting to play full body tennis in VT4 and I was so disappointed...
I have VT4, Grand Slam and Top Spin on the Wii, but didn't tried them yet, I may give a try this weekend!

I agree with Corellian, I think from now on we will see well implemented kinect games, compagnies know now the technical and financial potential of kinect and they saw some games failed because they didn't took the time to implement it well. We know now why Top Spin 4 didn't had kinect.

I can't wait for E3 and I hope to see Grand Slam Big Grin

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Information RE: VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!
(06-01-2011 12:45 PM)legreffer Wrote:  Like you meistroracer, I was so waiting to play full body tennis in VT4 and I was so disappointed...
I have VT4, Grand Slam and Top Spin on the Wii, but didn't tried them yet, I may give a try this weekend!

I agree with Corellian, I think from now on we will see well implemented kinect games, compagnies know now the technical and financial potential of kinect and they saw some games failed because they didn't took the time to implement it well. We know now why Top Spin 4 didn't had kinect.

I can't wait for E3 and I hope to see Grand Slam Big Grin

We're (as in us Kinect owners generally, I don't actually have Top Spin 4) probably better off not having Kinect controls for Top Spin 4 because apparently the Move controls are awful! Look at this review, swinging the Move wand in certain directions just triggers shots, it's not even remotely 1:1 at all and you don't even aim your shots with the Move wand, you have to use the analogue stick to aim! Plus you have to use buttons too.

http://www.movemodo.com/reviews/2011/03/top_spin_4_ps3
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Photo RE: VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!
Here's a little video someone made of Virtua Tennis 4. It should give you some idea of the what the game is like in Motion Play mode in case you wanted to see how it's played if you're undecided about getting it, although unfortunately he doesn't say anything about how to use the timing to control the left/right direction (ignore the weird title of the video and you can skip to 1 minute in to get to him playing VT4):

06-07-2011, 12:19 PM
(06-06-2011 02:22 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Here's a little video someone made of Virtua Tennis 4. It should give you some idea of the what the game is like in Motion Play mode in case you wanted to see how it's played if you're undecided about getting it, although unfortunately he doesn't say anything about how to use the timing to control the left/right direction (ignore the weird title of the video and you can skip to 1 minute in to get to him playing VT4):

Ok..did i mis read something? There's a Kinect Mode in this game? Because that's what I like to see...of course you not running around, but you do have to swing and serve the ball....can you do a drop shot too? I was so close to getting that game.

It was my B-day Sunday. I went with my Dad and I got myself MJ-the experience with Gamestop wireless mic. and Backbreaker. I was close to getting that game but I was not sure...but after seeing that video. I having second thoughts.

What mode was he playing on VT4? and was he playing against another person or the Computer/AI?

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
06-07-2011, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2011 04:25 PM by Corellianrogue.)
(06-07-2011 12:19 PM)meistroracer Wrote:  Ok..did i mis read something? There's a Kinect Mode in this game? Because that's what I like to see...of course you not running around, but you do have to swing and serve the ball....can you do a drop shot too? I was so close to getting that game.

It was my B-day Sunday. I went with my Dad and I got myself MJ-the experience with Gamestop wireless mic. and Backbreaker. I was close to getting that game but I was not sure...but after seeing that video. I having second thoughts.

What mode was he playing on VT4? and was he playing against another person or the Computer/AI?

You select Motion Play mode and you can play Exhibition or Party Mode with Kinect, you can't play the career mode with it though. You throw the ball up to serve but unfortunately the serve is automatic, unless maybe doing the serve motion makes your serve better, I guess that's a possibility. You can do the different shots and use top spin and slice but like I said you can't direct your shots left or right in the normal way you would if you were playing real tennis (or if you were using a joypad in the rest of the game), instead you have to use timing like the earlier you swing at the ball the more left it goes and the later you swing the more right it goes and it's the opposite if you're doing backhand. I haven't managed to get the hang of that part yet and I can hardly ever get lobs to work yet either, plus you can move forward manually to get to the net but I always seem to have to go right up to the TV to get that to work, although all those problems might just be because I haven't sorted out the room properly yet so I've got limited space and a lot of clutter. It gets annoying not being able to aim your shots properly, or at least it does for me.

The guy in the video is playing against the AI but it does have split-screen 2 player in Motion Play mode and it includes doubles although I don't know if doubles is you and the 2nd player on the same side or against each other or maybe it's both, I haven't tried it yet because I don't have space to play Kinect games 2 player yet. Also I don't think you can play VT4 online with Kinect. (At least not yet.)
06-27-2011, 11:31 AM
(06-07-2011 04:21 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(06-07-2011 12:19 PM)meistroracer Wrote:  Ok..did i mis read something? There's a Kinect Mode in this game? Because that's what I like to see...of course you not running around, but you do have to swing and serve the ball....can you do a drop shot too? I was so close to getting that game.

You select Motion Play mode and you can play Exhibition or Party Mode with Kinect, you can't play the career mode with it though. You throw the ball up to serve but unfortunately the serve is automatic, unless maybe doing the serve motion makes your serve better, I guess that's a possibility. You can do the different shots and use top spin and slice but like I said you can't direct your shots left or right in the normal way you would if you were playing real tennis (or if you were using a joypad in the rest of the game), instead you have to use timing like the earlier you swing at the ball the more left it goes and the later you swing the more right it goes and it's the opposite if you're doing backhand. I haven't managed to get the hang of that part yet and I can hardly ever get lobs to work yet either, plus you can move forward manually to get to the net but I always seem to have to go right up to the TV to get that to work, although all those problems might just be because I haven't sorted out the room properly yet so I've got limited space and a lot of clutter. It gets annoying not being able to aim your shots properly, or at least it does for me.

The guy in the video is playing against the AI but it does have split-screen 2 player in Motion Play mode and it includes doubles although I don't know if doubles is you and the 2nd player on the same side or against each other or maybe it's both, I haven't tried it yet because I don't have space to play Kinect games 2 player yet. Also I don't think you can play VT4 online with Kinect. (At least not yet.)

Could put a review on this game, please or cut and paste what you posted on here? What score would you give this game btw?

06-28-2011, 12:55 AM
(06-27-2011 11:31 AM)meistroracer Wrote:  
(06-07-2011 04:21 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  

Could put a review on this game, please or cut and paste what you posted on here? What score would you give this game btw?

Unfortunately I haven't played enough for a review as I've been ill too much and trying to play other games. Plus I don't want to review games really until I've sorted the room out properly, I just made a special effort with Michael Jackson: The Experience.
06-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Sorry, you get better. You're health is more important.

MJ the experience is really a fun game. Well, I am enjoying it. OH..two songs that I have never heard before should not have been on there. I rather have the two songs replaced with PYT or Man in the mirror or Off the wall...the songs goes on on on and on....lol

Back on topic...VT4...I'm am thinking about renting it first before I make that decision to by it. I wonder why we didn't get a demo for this game? I guess Sega was running out of time. Oh well.

06-28-2011, 02:07 PM
I played the wii version and I think it's the same as Kinect (and move), as there's only one mode that can be played with motion, the rest of the game, you have to play with the controller on the side. Like in the kinect version you can see your raquet and it's working well, of course it can detect wrist rotation. You can rush to the net by hitting the B button.

It's a shame that they don't implement the motion to the whole game. That being said after 15 minutes I have to admit that I had fun playing the motion mode, but it's not as fun as tennis in Kinect Sports. IMO, it don't deserve a buy.

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]