everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!
01-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Exclamation VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!
Add another Kinect (core) game to the list as Sega have announced that Virtua Tennis 4 is not only coming to the Xbox 360 at the same time as the PS3 version but it's Kinect compatible!!! Big GrinI love Virtua Tennis so hopefully this should be a great game. Details here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/284...r-360-wii/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
RE: VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!
Cool, i'm gonna get this one for sure Big Grin

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
This is awesome news, however the phrase "Supports Kinect" is scary. Harry Potter "supported kinect" and look what it was...I really hope they aren't expecting to pull of a tennis game where you don't get to play tennis using motion...

[Image: thezeeman.png]
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 09:49 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!
(01-20-2011 08:19 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  This is awesome news, however the phrase "Supports Kinect" is scary. Harry Potter "supported kinect" and look what it was...I really hope they aren't expecting to pull of a tennis game where you don't get to play tennis using motion...

Yeah, but Harry Potter was already a joypad game that they just tacked on Kinect levels to (really badly judging by reviews) whereas Virtua Tennis 4 was already being made as a Move game so I'm pretty sure you're going to actually play tennis with Kinect rather than just using it to select players and racquets or something stupid like that, lol!

Edit: I just thought I'd add that the probable reason it says "Supports Kinect" rather than "Kinect Required" is because you can also play it with a joypad (on all versions as far as I know) like with Child Of Eden. On the box it will probably have that "Better With Kinect" stamp.

Edit 2: In Sega's press release it says "Developed to take full advantage of Kinectâ„¢ for Xbox 360" so that more than suggests that it has full Kinect controls. Big Grin
01-20-2011, 10:12 PM
I hope you are right. I am dying for full blown kinect tennis...and golf...I cannot wait to play golf Tongue

01-20-2011, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 10:41 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!
(01-20-2011 10:12 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  I hope you are right. I am dying for full blown kinect tennis...and golf...I cannot wait to play golf Tongue

Next year's Tiger Woods should be Kinect compatible. EA say the only reason this year's isn't is because they didn't have time. Sounds like a lame excuse to me, I reckon it's more like:

EA guy 1: OMG! Kinect has almost sold 8 million!! We should have made Tiger Woods 12 Kinect compatible in the first place, let's try to quickly tack-on Kinect support to it now...

EA guy 2: Erm, remember what happened with Harry Potter?

EA guy 1: Oh yeah, maybe we should do it properly and include it in next year's instead?

EA guy 2: Yeah, that sounds like a better idea.

Lol! I reckon there'll be other Kinect golf games anyway, some "crazy golf" games would be cool too. Big Grin
Actually Tiger Woods 12 is already a Move game so I don't know why they couldn't have added Kinect too like Sega have with Virtua Tennis 4. Then again maybe Tiger Woods 12 is coming out before Virtua Tennis 4 so Sega have had more time.
01-20-2011, 10:44 PM
LMAO That is a hilarious theory...sounds right though! I don't care for the Tiger Wood games, but if its kinect enabled of course I'll play it. Maybe those Outlaw "____" games will make it to kinect. Those are pretty funny and they are sports related. Mini-golf would be fun too Tongue

01-20-2011, 10:54 PM
(01-20-2011 10:44 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  LMAO That is a hilarious theory...sounds right though! I don't care for the Tiger Wood games, but if its kinect enabled of course I'll play it. Maybe those Outlaw "____" games will make it to kinect. Those are pretty funny and they are sports related. Mini-golf would be fun too Tongue

Oh yeah, I forgot about those! Who made them, I forgot? By the way, did you know that Virtua Tennis (both of them I think) on the Dreamcast was motion control compatible? There was a fishing rod motion controller for Sega Bass Fishing on the Dreamcast and it works with at least 1 of the Virtua Tennis's (as well as Soul Calibur!) and I saw a review that said that it was really good and better than Wii Sports tennis's controls! Big Grin(For a start you can move around manually in Virtua Tennis using the analogue stick on the fishing rod motion controller whereas apparently Wii Sports tennis has automatic movement and you just have to hit the ball.)
01-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Hypnotix made them...outlaw golf 1 and 2, tennis and volleyball. They were hilarious. Unfortunately they were shut down in 2005, so someone else would have to pick up the pieces.

That's interesting about dreamcast...I have the fishing rod and a dreamcast still and both virtua tennis games...I may have to try this! Dreamcast was like so ahead of its time, too bad sega messed it up with the saturn.

01-21-2011, 05:47 AM
(01-20-2011 11:04 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Dreamcast was like so ahead of its time, too bad sega messed it up with the saturn.

Agreed, to this day the Dreamcast is still one of my favorite consoles. So much potential there, but like you said, SEGA messed it up with the Saturn.
01-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Heck yeah ambush, they had seganet and online console gaming before it was ever thought of. I also think it didn't help you could just burn any game to cd and it would work lol

01-21-2011, 06:22 AM
(01-21-2011 06:00 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Heck yeah ambush, they had seganet and online console gaming before it was ever thought of. I also think it didn't help you could just burn any game to cd and it would work lol

Yeah, burning games to CD probably didn't help...lol. One of my guilty pleasures was playing Phantasy Star Online, I hate to think of the hours of my life I wasted away on that game Blush
01-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Just to mention - I did poke around on the web about Tiger...seems EA has it planned for possibly 2013?

Source: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=123246

EA Sports has told GamerZines that Kinect "plays a very big part in the future" of the Tiger Woods series, adding that "the timing wasn't quite there" to include support in this year's version of the game.

"It's definitely something we've been designing around and looking forward to," said Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12's lead designer Mike DeVault, speaking to us about Kinect support at an EA showcase in Guildford yesterday.

"It plays a very big part in the future of the game, but this year the timing was just a little off. PGA Tour 12 ships March 29th, so we had an accelerated schedule and the timing wasn't quite there.

"But there's an immense amount of potential."

Expect support for Microsoft's motion-sensing camera included in Tiger Woods 13, then.

I suppose we could add this to the games list as rumored Big Grin

01-21-2011, 11:39 PM
This is terrific news that Virtua Tennis is coming to xbox 360 with kinect support.

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
01-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Question RE: VIRTUA TENNIS 4 KINECT!!!
Is EA Guilford the development studio that used to be Bullfrog? If so then I did work experience there about 18 years ago when they were Bullfrog! Big Grin