We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Weight Loss Journey with Kinect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weight Loss Journey with Kinect
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2012 03:16 PM by colta.)
Smile Weight Loss Journey with Kinect
Hello all! I'm colta... I'm a 23 year old nursing student from Eastern Canada and I'm looking to lose some weight!

I decided to start losing some weight for my New Year's resolution (we all know how well those work out) and bought a kinect to go with my xbox as well as Dance Central (couldn't find Dance Central 2). I started playing on the 9th of January and have played at least 5 times a week for 30-45 mins each.
I also have cut back on the junk (no pop, munchies) and started trying to keep my caloric intake under 1500 calories/day. Every morning I have a frozen fruit/berry/flax/juice smoothie and it's been easier and easier everyday not to pig out.

On January 9th I weighed in at 275.6lbs, which is a lot for a 5ft3 girl. As of today, January 24th... I weigh 260.4!!! I've lost just around 15 lbs in two weeks!! My goal weight right now is 195, just to break out of the 200's. Once I reach that, I'll reset my goal and go for lower. Right now though I want to be at my goal weight by the end of June 2012... just in time for graduation. Tongue

So... my plan is to update this 'blog' every Monday/Tuesday with my weight and see how much I've lost (or god forbid, gained) that week.

So yeah! Here we go... lets see if I can do this! Big GrinAnyone who would like to join me in my journey... feel free!

[Image: dqikm4.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
RE: Weight Loss Journey with Kinect
good luck with everything! if dance central 2 is available for you, you should get that. you can create continuous playlists which is better for working out. plus, it's just a great game with better music.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
01-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Congratulations! That is fantastic, keep up the good work.
01-26-2012, 03:57 AM
Hey all! Thought I'd update a bit early... cause it seems my body is rocking out right now! haha.

I've continued using the kinect and Dance Central to keep my self exercising and lose more weight. However, I found that it didn't really do much for my upper body. I can feel the burn in my legs, back and stomach when I dance... but 90% of the time I get no burn in my arms...

So, I decided to add a bit of strength training into the mix. Nothing fancy... just a couple of 2lb soup cans and a 2l bottle of water with a rope attached. It's been great for me... cause now I actually feel like I'm getting a full body workout!
I've also joined a once a week Zumba class. It's just a beginner level, but it feels just like dancing on the hard level of Dance Central... so I've added that as well.

ANYWAY... the point of this post is to tell you that I've actually done down an additional 3.6lbs!!!!! Big GrinI'm sitting around 257!! I haven't seen that in months! I'm so excited!

Jan 09/2012 - 275.6
Jan 24/2012 - 260.6
Jan 25/2012 - 257

01-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Just wanted to say good luck and big congrats on your accomplishment so far!
Zumba is a lot of fun, I go to a class a couple times a week. I am looking forward to the new Zumba kinect game coming out in a few weeks.
01-28-2012, 02:59 AM
Well... looks like my weight loss journey is going to be derailed a bit.

I just found out I'm pregnant! So I'll be cutting back on the trying to loose weight and instead just trying to live healthy. So, thanks to everyone who popped by and I'll see ya on the flipside!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RK3's Weight Loss Journey Rapidkirby3k 1 1,123 08-15-2012 03:56 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
Rainbow My weight loss journey... GaelicDream 2 1,216 04-18-2012 03:19 AM
Last Post: GaelicDream
  My kinect weight loss journey Kendrab2315 56 48,175 02-29-2012 03:36 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  My Weight Loss (Hopefully Supplemented with Kinect) DogsInTheMitten 12 2,685 02-20-2012 05:15 PM
Last Post: DogsInTheMitten
  I've decided to get serious about losing weight. Pink Panther 9 2,995 02-01-2012 05:50 AM
Last Post: maggscot
Lightbulb Losing Weight the Kinect Way m0st W4nt3d 1 1 1,872 01-25-2012 06:10 PM
Last Post: DogsInTheMitten