Xbox Kinect

/ / /

Weight loss challange starting at 259lbs!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey there my names Tom im 21 and have recently began in the world of full time employment having graduated from Unviersity last year during which I also worked weekends in a shopping center.

The reason I tell you this is the university life style with lack of exercise and working in a shopping centre I would frequently eat bad things of a lunch time and be there from 8.30am-7.30pm + travel time so eating habbits were bad and far between! I also went throught a stage of hardcore gaming on stuff like WOW and addiction to energy drinks.

So my new job since late November has been a 3day a week contract but next week im going 5days a week which will be great, more active and less snacking and during y lunch breaks ive been taking a quick walk to the town and back (just over 2miles in 30min).

After Christmas I decided ok I NEED to loose some weight and purchased the kinect (having been keen on it since the early milo days) and since then ive been using yourshape and Biggest loser for around an hour per day along with a diet tracking website/app http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

In the last 10days ive lost 7lbs Big GrinI plan to keep it up and then maintain my weight, i've been keeping my diet below 1800cals per day, often end up around 1200 after exercise and im making sure I eat 3 healthy meals per day. Ive completely cut out pop (used to have a few glasses per day) now drinking around 7 pints of water per day.

Weighed myself today at 252.3.

I plan to join the gym soon too, just matter of cost and no income being a new job and a month in hand Dodgy

[Image: bbill2k2.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2011, 09:44 PM
RE: Weight loss challange starting at 259lbs!
7 lbs in 10 days is really great!

You could add next to your shape and the biggest loser also other kinect games. Even though they don't target weight loss, it requires some extra effort, and it's fun (e.g. kinect sports or dance central). Plus, by the time you're skinny you'll be an amazing dancer as well.

Though, you might want to have a small healthy snack (e.g. an apple) between lunch and dinner, it keeps your metabolism up and running. And another thing, if you exercise twice a day, you burn more calories overall; it doesn't have to be twice as much, just have the workout split in morning and evening as after exercising you continue to burn calories, thus more post-workout calories burn. I haven't try this one yet (no time) but my trainer at the gym says so and it kinda makes sense.

About gym: if you can do it at home, then you can continue like this until you can afford going to an equipped gym. As long as you are motivated and continue with the programs you're following now, you can be successful at home too!

Let us know about your progress!
01-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Hi Tom, It sounds like you are off to a good start. Looking forward to seeing more posts from you and keeping up with your progress. I am on a challenge as well and have a thread here. Hopefully we can keep each other motivated on this challenge. I will subscribe to your thread so I can keep up with your progress. Do you plan to weigh in regularly and post progress?
Grits

https://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/Threa...GRITSplus1

[Image: GRITSplus1.png]
01-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Heya Tom,

Good to hear about your weight loss challenge!and the fact that you see Kinect as a good tool for you weight loss?.

Looking forward to reading your updates dan progress!

Keep it up!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Well weighed myself today about an hour having having just got back from work and having a late lunch only 2hours ago (server was playing up and we a switch port went so was no break time!)
Weight in basically the same as my last weigh in (but that was done in the morning) which from experience makes quite a difference and having eaten only an hour or so before I presume the results will be positive, I know you can weight up to around 5lbs more of a night or after meals with food and water weight then you do in a morning after your 9-10hours of no eating and drinking. Need to get out of the habit weighing every other day and do it once a week really!

Check out my achivments too for an idea of progress or add me on XBL to compare on yourshape leader boards and try out my challenges Smile

My GF has borrowed yourshape this week till she can afford it (payday Friday) as she brought a kinect last weekend too!

[Image: bbill2k2.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Weight Loss Challenge Blog Using Kinect (GRITSplus1) GRITSplus1 21 766 01-29-2011 04:59 AM
Last Post: kinectamama
  My kinect weight loss journey Kendrab2315 29 1,713 01-25-2011 10:52 PM
Last Post: GRITSplus1
  Weight loss for kinect Ninabella 1 113 01-25-2011 08:19 PM
Last Post: Clemens
Thumbs Up diabetes/weight loss & my Kinect Rabidmaggot 2 148 01-20-2011 04:21 PM
Last Post: Rabidmaggot
Thumbs Up Kinect Weight Loss Challenge emiingham 22 5,223 01-15-2011 04:59 AM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  My weight loss challenge using Kinect adamneaves 5 922 01-14-2011 04:49 PM
Last Post: Alisha

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!