everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Which Halo version should I play?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I never played Halo and I want to get into it before the release of Halo CE Anniversary Big Grin.

If I play Halo 1, I'm afraid to ruin the surprise and interest for the Anniversary version!

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2011, 08:36 PM
RE: Which Halo version should I play?
start from halo 1 on xbox Smile.
06-23-2011, 09:13 PM
start with Halo Reach. it has everything. awesome graphics, tons of game types, great campaign, co-op (!!), etc.

Halo 1 and 2 were great. Halo 3 was okay. Halo 3 ODST, ugh...

I'd most definitely be up for some co-op campaign with you guys. Or any of the other game types. Infection sounds good right about now... :-p

[Image: onlysublime.png]
06-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Assuming you don't want to play Halo 1 (as you'll be playing the same game twice), I'd suggest Halo 2.

Also, be keen on playing the Halo campaign co-op with a friend + some beers - it's a ton of fun!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Information RE: Which Halo version should I play?
I'd say play Halo Reach as it's the prequel. Then wait for Halo Anniversary and play that, then play 2, 3 & ODST. (You could also play Halo Wars, which is also a prequel, but it's an RTS game so I've never played it since I'm not into RTS games.)
06-24-2011, 05:13 AM
I wouldn't start with Halo 2. There's no backstory in Halo 2 so if you've never played Halo 1 or read the books, you'll be very confused.

Heck, even people who played Halo 1 couldn't make sense of the convoluted story in Halo 2.

Hey, for all those that ever want to play any of the Halo games, let me know! We can play them through Xlink Kai or XBConnect for those that don't have Xbox Live or through XBL for Halo 3, ODST, or Reach.

But if you start with Halo 1, that's where you'll get the biggest surprise because you'll have experienced it as it was in 2001. And then be surprised by the newer graphics, modes, etc. of the new version. If you go just play the new version of Halo 1, it'll just become another game.

06-24-2011, 12:06 PM
LOL, well.. I guess you have to make up your mind on a lot of contradicting views legreffer Tongue

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm more confused than I was, lol.

My main goal is to play Halo Anniversary. My free time is very limited so I just want to play one Halo game before in order to know better his universe (and to learn how it play).

I' don't want to play Halo 1 because I have the feeling that it will similar to Anniversary. I love the fact that Reach is a prequel, I think I will try the demo of Reach and see how it goes...

Thanks guys.

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
06-25-2011, 04:22 PM
(06-24-2011 08:06 PM)legreffer Wrote:  I'm more confused than I was, lol.

My main goal is to play Halo Anniversary. My free time is very limited so I just want to play one Halo game before in order to know better his universe (and to learn how it play).

I' don't want to play Halo 1 because I have the feeling that it will similar to Anniversary. I love the fact that Reach is a prequel, I think I will try the demo of Reach and see how it goes...

Thanks guys.

honestly halo1 is nothing like the other halo games. however it would be a good introduction to the halo experience. Smile

thats how i got hooked on halo in general, countless system links with 4 vs 4 on two seperate TVs at my cousins. Big Grin
06-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Yes, the only problem with system link in Halo is there are no bots! So if you can't get a bunch of guys together, it's a pretty desolate gaming experience.

This was why I liked games like Unreal Championship which filled in empty slots with bots.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Yoostar 2 cannot play on Xbox 4G mojoman8693 2 433 05-09-2011 10:22 PM
Last Post: slmraiders
  halo 3 ywith 1 374 01-04-2011 10:44 PM
Last Post: HazyCloud