We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / /

Wii U

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wii U
06-08-2011, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2011 12:14 AM by ewo1992.)
Wii U
Hey Clemens and everybody else what are your thoughts on the Wii U?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2011, 12:34 AM
RE: Wii U
my thoughts are i never heard of it.
06-08-2011, 02:04 AM
(06-08-2011 12:34 AM)Jersmall Wrote:  my thoughts are i never heard of it.

its the new nintendo system check it out here
06-08-2011, 02:05 AM
I saw it very briefly, but I now that it has the buzz right now, it seems amazing: you can throw video with your finger from the wii U to your tv and the movie will play on it.

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
06-08-2011, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2011 03:23 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Wii U
The problem with the Wii U is that the PS Vita can probably do everything it can, especially when combined with the PS3, just less powerful graphics-wise. And not only how much is the whole console going to cost but how much will each extra controller cost? I know they said you can use Wiimotes with it but what if there are multiplayer games that require each player to use the controller with the screen in it?

Plus of course Nintendo have now shown their hand early so now Microsoft and Sony can counter it with their next consoles and be much more powerful. (The Wii U is only supposed to be a bit more powerful than the Xbox 360/PS3.) I mean imagine the next Xbox with Kinect 2 and the graphics that you saw in the next-gen Unreal 3 engine demo? It will just blow the Wii U away, especially if Microsoft can somehow make a controller with a screen cheaper than Nintendo, which is possible because Nintendo have already made their controller so the costs are fixed (although can obviously get cheaper as time goes on) whereas Microsoft can wait until next year to even start making a controller with a screen if they want one so not only will the technology be cheaper next near but they can take the time to find the best/cheapest manufacturer for it.
06-08-2011, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2011 02:02 PM by Clemens.)
Investors think its horrible:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35113...ra+News%29

Also, I found Michael pachter to be very insightful on the Wii-U. I basically agree with everything he says:

So, it has some potential. But Kinect will twice as good as it is today, at the end of 2012. Also, Xbox Live cannot be rivaled by Nintendo, and the graphics should be extremely good for people to move away from Xbox360/PS3 imo.

As Pachter says: Everyone that wants a tablet to play games will have bought one end 2012, everyone that wants a game console will have one end 2012.

Besides the launch timing (which is crucial, but still), I think Nintendo will just do what they do best: create enjoyable (3D) platformers on strong brands. Which will be fun!

All in all, I don't think there's a single argument (besides the unique Nintendo games) to buy the Wii U, to be honest. The controller seems 'cool', but not revolutionairy.. that's the problem imo.

Hopefully I'm still making sense.. but what's your view?!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2011, 02:09 PM
I agree, it seems cool but I don't want to invest further in the Wii...

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
06-09-2011, 05:37 AM
The controller looks ridiculous

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user