We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / /

[XBLA] Leedmees Kinect Review

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2011, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2011 03:13 AM by TheZeeMan.)
Leedmees

[Image: leedmees.jpg]
  • Official site http://www.konami.com/leedmees
  • Developer: Konami
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Alternative game name: N/A
  • Online Features: Achievements, Leaderboards
  • Kinect Features: Players 1-2 Simultaneous
  • Kinect Activity Level: Standing - Mildly Active
  • Uses avatars?: No
  • Age group: Everyone

Leedmees - The good
  • Excellent concept, something fresh and new
  • The controls are very good, except when going low, but could be my setup...
  • Seems to be worth the $10 finally!
  • They used a star system....angry birds anyone? Big Grin

Leedmees - The not so good
  • I really had trouble finding anything bad about it...it's fun and a great idea, I had a little trouble when getting low but it could be my setup

Leedmees - Story
There actually is a basic read only story mode...as you progress you unlock more levels.

Leedmees - Kinect experience
Kinect worked really well for me, it was detecting all kinds of things such as wrists turning, head movement, shoulders, etc. My only problem was when I was trying to get really low to pick the little guys up, it didn't work about 10% of the time and I had to keep trying. Other than that, this is a great idea and it makes it a fun game.

Leedmees - Graphics & Sound
Graphics are on par for an arcade game, maybe even a little better.

The sounds/music is not annoying thankfully. The leedmees even sound kind of "cute" lol

Leedmees - Gameplay
Now I love these puzzle games that are everywhere...I think my all time favorite is Bejeweled, can't wait for a kinect version! TongueAnyhow, I am very impressed with this small game. Konami kind of took a jump here, instead of re-inventing one of the many puzzle games out there, they came up with a new idea and honestly I think this is the new angry birds. It's a little more challenging, but I found it making me want to play it more than angry birds. It's one of those addicting games, and they even used the star system like angry birds...so now you want to keep trying each freaking level over and over until you get 5 stars. There may be even some hidden things and what not in there, but I'm not sure yet, I only played for a few minutes (all these games are getting to me! Tongue)

Anyhow, I love the idea, it works good...it's challenging, all around a good game. I'm not sure how many levels there are, but it seems to be a lot, it's also 1:1 so it's very responsive. I even played multiplayer and its a blast trying to work it out together.

Leedmees - Multiplayer options
This was even more challenging, you really have to talk to your partner and work together to figure out a strategy within seconds. I really enjoyed both single and multiplayer.

Conclusion
Overall, I think this is our first great arcade title. Finally something worth the $! If this was just a re-hash of an existing puzzle game, I probably wouldn't be as excited, but since it's all new...I really like it. But again, I like these stupid puzzle games lol Some people don't but it was fun to me.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Question RE: Leedmees Kinect Review
So is this similar to Lemmings? I couldn't actually quite work out what was going on in some of the videos. Like what was all the balls stuff about? Are you supposed to hit them around or something? But why so many of them? Lol!
09-08-2011, 06:51 AM
RE: Leedmees Kinect Review
LOL the only similarity I see between this and lemmings is they are automated meaning they are always walking. The 14 different types of things lemmings can do, or whatever # it is, this game is not that complex. You are like their leader/parent/teacher/etc...you have to guide them over from the blue ball to the red ball, entry/exit, and you get a bonus by letting them get the golden stars. You can like hold them in a box if you hold both arms straight up, and then walk over to the other side where the exit is and lower one of your arms to let them out. If they are on the ground, you can bend down and they will jump and start climbing on you. You can also be mean and squish them, fling them, let them die, etc...lol

09-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Question RE: Leedmees Kinect Review
Oh right, cool. Although I didn't mean those balls, I meant the bits where loads of balls drop into the level:

[Image: leedmees-kinect7.jpg]

What happens in those levels?
09-08-2011, 07:01 AM
RE: Leedmees Kinect Review
Hmm haven't gotten to that level, I know you can interact with stuff...I'm guessing the balls are a challenge, the leedmees probably will bounce off the balls or something, ugh that level looks to be a pain LOL they are somewhat sensitive too, if you do a hard motion at them, you usually kill them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Nicktoons MLB Review TheZeeMan 1 556 09-26-2011 05:45 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Wipeout: In The Zone Review TheZeeMan 0 181 09-17-2011 05:25 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  Gunstringer Review TheZeeMan 3 570 09-16-2011 08:04 PM
  Zumba Fitness Kinect Review dirtyvu 3 6,951 09-15-2011 09:33 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Penguins of Madagascar - Kinect: Dr. Blowhole Returns Again Review TheZeeMan 0 434 09-09-2011 02:11 AM
  Rise of Nightmares Review TheZeeMan 17 1,533 09-08-2011 06:59 AM