/ / v /

Yoostar's major limitations and inconsistencies w/ current Kinect applications

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2011, 09:22 PM
It is next to impossible to get this information from Yoostar but here how the uploading of My Films breaks down.

Major limitations and inconsistencies w/ current Kinect applications:

1. For the Kinect version, the ONLY way to upload your “My Films” clips involves a several stage, (arcane at best) process to link your Facebook/Twitter account to the Yoostar Playground. Oh and btw even though you may have no interest in a Facebook/Twitter account you don’t have a choice if you want to see or share your clips. A 3rd party application would NOT be necessary if they provided a way in the application to email the clips directly to an email account as with just about EVERY OTHER Kinect application.

2. EVERY SINLE CLIP when uploaded goes through a “Manual Moderation” process. So, Yoostar is now a self-proclaimed authority on ethics. It’s obvious this company lacks capacity to understand that if given the choice, some if not all would prefer performances be private (“private” in the dictionary doesn’t mention anything about “Manual Moderation”) but, they INSIST that their company needs view any and all clips before they are “posted”. Sort of a “hostage” situation and again would NOT be necessary if they provided a way in the application to email the clips directly to an email account as with just about EVERY OTHER Kinect application.

3. My initial request to the tech support to upload directly to my email account was very clear however it took 3 attempts to get the CORRECT information From what I understand the stand-alone application does have the capability to upload to an email account w/o any of the Manual Moderation” stuff (again, from what I understand). I had assumed that this would also be available w/ the Kinect version.

They also mention that the game offers many ways to share clips however this is a bold face lie. There are not many ways to share there is only one (which is a multi-stage process – i.e. setting up facebook/twitter, linking facebook/twitter accounts, uploading, the moderation process, etc., etc.).

I would have been satisfied if at the outset if they would have provided specific answers to my questions but it took me a solid week to finally get this information. I’m posting this as to inform potential purchasers of this product of the major limitations and inconsistency w/ current applications (all w/ the ability to upload w/o any moderation process).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)