everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

You cannot play Yoostar 2 on Xbox 4G

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-13-2011, 08:57 PM
If you have an XBOX 4G you CANNOT play this game. No where on the Yoostar game box is this stated. I have spoken to Microsoft XBOX and all levels of management incliding the president of Yoostar. No one is taking reponsibility for this exposed flaw in the game. I bought the XBOX 4G Kinect Bundle just for the Yoostar game. When I pop the game in the console, an icon comes up the reads. YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO RECORD OR REPLAY IF YOU DONT HAVE A 250G HARDRIVE. So now if I want to play it I have to spend 3 times more than I actually paid for the game itself to by a hard drive to play it.
MISLEADING
UNTRUTHFUL
FALES ADVERTISING
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2011, 01:02 AM
RE: You cannot play Yoostar 2 on Xbox 4G
That's really shitty, but you can just return the game or the Xbox then, right? When did you order your Kinect/Xbox 360?

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2011, 04:50 AM
Smh ill def get my $$$$ back asap

Dont nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream
03-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Yea-I Found that out the Hard way...I was having a party this past weekend and I got the game right before...thought it would be fun to play it with a crowd...turns out the 4G can not save or record the movie clip after you do the scene...i found a 250 gig hard drive on sale at Amazon...I did not want to go this route...but i really love the idea of this game...So be warned all you 4G owners before purchasing the game YooStar 2....It will cost you way more than 49.99 to enjoy the full use of the game...Sorry
05-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Actually it does say it on the back of the box but in small words. I agree that they should have highlighted this on the front of the box though.

If I didn't have a 250GB, I'd go out and get one for this. I'm having a great time with it. Check out my scenes here:

http://playground.yoostar.com/user.action?id=4085
05-10-2011, 02:32 AM
there are a lot of options with regards to a hard drive. Gamestop sells used 20GB, 60GB, 120GB, and 250GB hard drives. a 20GB hard drive is around $25. These were designed for the old 360 but all you have to do is remove the external casing so that it can be used on a 360 Slim. Now, since the bare hard drive will not have the casing of a regular 360 Slim hard drive, you can either buy a casing for about $7 or you can put some kind of cushion in there so that the drive doesn't flop around. Or if you never move your 360, the drive should be stable in there.

Or you can buy a non-Microsoft 250GB hard drive that goes for around $70-80. Much cheaper than an official hard drive. There are rumors that at some point, Microsoft may ban systems with unofficial hard drives, but they have never done so in the past and are unlikely to do so in the future (since you are more likely to buy games and DLC if you own a hard drive).
05-10-2011, 05:37 AM
(05-10-2011 02:32 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  there are a lot of options with regards to a hard drive. Gamestop sells used 20GB, 60GB, 120GB, and 250GB hard drives. a 20GB hard drive is around $25. These were designed for the old 360 but all you have to do is remove the external casing so that it can be used on a 360 Slim. Now, since the bare hard drive will not have the casing of a regular 360 Slim hard drive, you can either buy a casing for about $7 or you can put some kind of cushion in there so that the drive doesn't flop around. Or if you never move your 360, the drive should be stable in there.

Or you can buy a non-Microsoft 250GB hard drive that goes for around $70-80. Much cheaper than an official hard drive. There are rumors that at some point, Microsoft may ban systems with unofficial hard drives, but they have never done so in the past and are unlikely to do so in the future (since you are more likely to buy games and DLC if you own a hard drive).

Uh Oh, don't go out and buy a non-microsoft hard drive for this game as Yoostar noted on their Facebook that they are not supported.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  check out this kinect boxing match xbox live. Jersmall 10 294 05-13-2011 07:27 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
  YooStar 2 TheZeeMan 39 3,816 03-16-2011 10:54 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Windows Phone 7 will soon Kinect with Xbox james32985 1 582 02-22-2011 03:48 AM
Last Post: legreffer
Smile I can finally play to Kinect Gagmag 7 888 01-28-2011 01:46 AM
Last Post: wazza
  Kinect hacked to play Max Payne Sheerazraza 0 543 01-17-2011 01:00 AM
Last Post: Sheerazraza
  Kinect fantastic, but xbox 360 slim problems. Help please!!!! ywith 24 3,196 01-11-2011 09:14 PM
Last Post: ywith