We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

add more voice commands

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
add more voice commands
05-13-2011, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2011 06:02 PM by Jersmall.)
add more voice commands
One command i would love is turning the xbox on and off with your voice. I remember in the old project natal videos it had it displayed.

being able to control the xbox anywhere in the dash board not only the kinect dashboard.

i would also love a command to open quick launch. instead of game names they could use a list of numbers. your most recent games would be on the top of the list.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2011, 11:57 PM
RE: add more voice commands
I'm liking the idea. The only one they probably won't do is the on/off one - firstly, the Xbox and Kinect sensor need to be powered on to be functional, so unless Kinect had a battery and a 'switch-on' function, it would not work. Also, the off command (was taken out, I think because) it could be annoying if someone said it (and since Kinect works all the time), it could switch off the entire console.

Get Kinected!
Im on Playfire:
[Image: default.png]
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
05-15-2011, 01:40 AM
well using common sense to turn the consol off you would have to be in dash board and then say yes after you tell the xbox to turn off.

there also must be ways to make the kinect turn on. as an exmaple when you turn the xbox off, you still see that light on the box attached to the power cord.
05-15-2011, 03:25 PM
(05-13-2011 06:00 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  One command i would love is turning the xbox on and off with your voice. I remember in the old project natal videos it had it displayed.

Microsoft has an opinion on this: https://123kinect.com/turning-xbox-360-onoff-kinect/

(05-13-2011 06:00 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  being able to control the xbox anywhere in the dash board not only the kinect dashboard.

That would indeed be awesome, but if all the stuff on the Xbox dashboard would be available in the Kinect dashboard then that would be fine for me too.

(05-13-2011 06:00 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  i would also love a command to open quick launch. instead of game names they could use a list of numbers. your most recent games would be on the top of the list.

Yse, this is very good idea actually. But mostly useful for XBLA games, right?

Let's hope Microsoft will show us some great examples of where they're heading with voice...

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2011, 04:55 PM
(05-15-2011 03:25 PM)Clemens Wrote:  
(05-13-2011 06:00 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  One command i would love is turning the xbox on and off with your voice. I remember in the old project natal videos it had it displayed.

Microsoft has an opinion on this: https://123kinect.com/turning-xbox-360-onoff-kinect/

(05-13-2011 06:00 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  being able to control the xbox anywhere in the dash board not only the kinect dashboard.

That would indeed be awesome, but if all the stuff on the Xbox dashboard would be available in the Kinect dashboard then that would be fine for me too.

(05-13-2011 06:00 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  i would also love a command to open quick launch. instead of game names they could use a list of numbers. your most recent games would be on the top of the list.

Yse, this is very good idea actually. But mostly useful for XBLA games, right?

Let's hope Microsoft will show us some great examples of where they're heading with voice...

I agree with the dashboard it wouldn't matter to me, however simply making the dash board controller AND kinect frindly so its the persons choie. Numbers and lists would make everything way simpler instead of names. Quick launch with kinect could be anygame really, it could be demos or games you downloaded into your xbox so you dont need the disc. Im no sure if you can stil go on live with no disc but it sure would be neat. basically turning on any game you want with your hand or voice.

I wonder why they dont turn off the light on the power cord after you turn off your xbox. Even though its a small light it still uses electricity 24/7. it switches from orange to green.

it sounds almost like an excuse to me for not releasing on and off commands for kinect. im sure these days there would be a way to do it without having the kinect fully on..
05-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Microsoft is still yet to add voice control in other countries Sad

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user