We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

cabela's big game hunter hunting party

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2011, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 10:16 PM by Ace12me.)
Man that new gun for hunting party is pretty sweet , pump action and flip up scope looks awesome....I think it will be neat to try this game...specially with the sensors it has on it..should be pretty accurate with kinect...have u guys seen the new pics.....check it out
http://www.destructoid.com/kinect-to-get...0383.phtml
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2011, 12:42 AM
RE: hunting game
(09-02-2011 11:43 PM)Ace12me Wrote:  Man that new gun for hunting party is pretty sweet , pump action and flip up scope looks awesome....I think it will be neat to try this game...specially with the sensors it has on it..should be pretty accurate with kinect...have u guys seen the new pics.....check it out
http://www.destructoid.com/kinect-to-get...0383.phtml

I hope there's a video soon. screenshots don't do it for me. I do love light gun-style games.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
09-03-2011, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 12:56 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Thumbs Up RE: hunting game
That looks cool! I don't think those are sensors, I think they're just tracking markers. At first I thought why don't they just object track the gun or even just track the arms but I think maybe because of the size of the gun and the way it's held there could be too much interference so using tracking markers at the front of the gun is a lot easier and a bit like my wrist-tracker idea. Big Grin Did you notice that in one of the pics the boy is jumping? I'm guessing the game also has full body controls so is more than just a simple lightgun game. The only problem is multiplayer as surely you'll need to buy more lightguns? (Although there's probably a take turns multiplayer too or maybe there's a mode where the other players can just use their hands to aim and shoot?)

Edit: I was a bit quick and didn't read the description properly, lol! If I did I would have read that it does indeed use full body tracking:

Quote:Hunting Party tracks your body as you "duck, jump, and weave between obstacles, grabbing power-ups and avoiding the creatures."

It sounds great!
09-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Yea for being about two months away from release ...there should be a video out...I wonder if it will be like house of the dead...where u are walking around the jungle and things r jumping out and attacking u...could be fun..yea graphics aren't the best and I kinda did not like the price, wow that's high
09-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Information RE: hunting game
(09-03-2011 12:57 AM)Ace12me Wrote:  Yea for being about two months away from release ...there should be a video out...I wonder if it will be like house of the dead...where u are walking around the jungle and things r jumping out and attacking u...could be fun..yea graphics aren't the best and I kinda did not like the price, wow that's high

Here's the trailer for the previous game, although it doesn't use Kinect:

09-03-2011, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 05:00 AM by Ace12me.)
This may have been mentioned but is the new game a complete rebuild from the ground up to utilize kinect?
That is the first time I have seen that trailer...I thought they sold it as pretty exciting...I hope it is a good game...I could get into this run for your life mentality...haa
09-03-2011, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 05:49 AM by Corellianrogue.)
(09-03-2011 04:55 AM)Ace12me Wrote:  This may have been mentioned but is the new game a complete rebuild from the ground up to utilize kinect?
That is the first time I have seen that trailer...I thought they sold it as pretty exciting...I hope it is a good game...I could get into this run for your life mentality...haa

I just looked for some more info and found out that Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Hunting Party is Kinect exclusive (and presumably "Kinect Required") and that there are 2 other games coming out, Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 and Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai, that don't use Kinect. (They still use a lightgun though but it will have it's own sensor.) So I'm pretty sure this is built from the ground up for Kinect, especially since it uses full body tracking.
09-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Here's a very small video:

The gun is even licensed for Kinect as we can see on the box art:

[Image: hunt3-620x.jpg]

Features:
  • Arcade Style Big Game Hunting: A wildly thrilling time is waiting to be had with intense, total body hunting gameplay. Composed of several different shooting galleries, players will have to shoot, dodge and duck over obstacles while grabbing power-ups from the environments as they do battle with some of the world's most dangerous animals.
  • Hunting Grounds: Over 30 exciting shooting galleries are included in the game. Break out a map as these galleries span the globe and take you to different environments such as eastern Texas, Sonora Mexico, Tanzania and British Columbia.
  • Multiple Modes, Lots of Mayhem: With multiple single-player modes, the action never gets old! Different modes included: Hunt, Survival, Arcade and Tags, each with their own objectives and goals. Multiplayer is also allowed in hotseat mode, which, allows up to 4 friends to join as you take turns in trying to beat each other's scores.
  • Top Shot Sport: Working in conjunction with Kinect, this first-of-its-kind controller with all new technology adds to the already successful line of TOP SHOT controllers. It adds a brand new dimension to the game with features such as a pump action reload, adjustable stock and pop-up tactical sight. Players will be handed an unprecedented level of control that has them using their whole body and hunting peripheral like they would in real life.

It looks cool, but $80 it's a lot of money...

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
09-03-2011, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 05:26 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Question RE: hunting game
So the markers glow like the Move wand? I thought they were just reflective markers. I wonder if that means they're using Kinect's RGB cam to track the gun while the IR tracks the player? I'd actually prefer the IR to track the gun's markers though as I think that would be more accurate.

(09-03-2011 02:03 PM)legreffer Wrote:  It looks cool, but $80 it's a lot of money...

Yeah, but it's not like they'd throw in a gun like that for free, lol!
09-03-2011, 05:38 PM
yeah, if it's not using the IR for the gun, that's a little disappointing. IR guns definitely work better than what the Move offers (Wii shooters have better cursor control than Move shooters).

but at this point, we don't really know how it works. let's see how it plays out.

09-03-2011, 08:59 PM
This is the alpha test for CoD Kinect Big Grin...pretty soon we'll be paying like $100 to play CoD for an immersive experience which I have no problem with...I think first is to get the gun to work with kinect, after that, then the other gun they have for last year that has the thumbstick on the stock will be introduced to do your finesse' moves.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
09-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Lightbulb RE: hunting game
(09-03-2011 08:59 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  This is the alpha test for CoD Kinect Big Grin...pretty soon we'll be paying like $100 to play CoD for an immersive experience which I have no problem with...I think first is to get the gun to work with kinect, after that, then the other gun they have for last year that has the thumbstick on the stock will be introduced to do your finesse' moves.

Activision should patch the Call Of Duty games to work with this lightgun & Kinect as it would likely vastly increase sales of this game so therefore make Activision more money. It's a win-win situation! Big Grin (No losers because if Kinect haters don't want to play COD games with a lightgun & Kinect nobody's forcing them to, they can still play the games with joypads.)
09-03-2011, 11:37 PM
(09-03-2011 10:44 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(09-03-2011 08:59 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  This is the alpha test for CoD Kinect Big Grin...pretty soon we'll be paying like $100 to play CoD for an immersive experience which I have no problem with...I think first is to get the gun to work with kinect, after that, then the other gun they have for last year that has the thumbstick on the stock will be introduced to do your finesse' moves.

Activision should patch the Call Of Duty games to work with this lightgun & Kinect as it would likely vastly increase sales of this game so therefore make Activision more money. It's a win-win situation! Big Grin (No losers because if Kinect haters don't want to play COD games with a lightgun & Kinect nobody's forcing them to, they can still play the games with joypads.)

I don't know if it'll work. Go to a PS3 forum and see how frustrated people are when using the Move controllers in Killzone and other FPS games. Aiming is improved but movement is so hard that they all give up after a couple of weeks.

09-04-2011, 12:02 AM
(09-03-2011 11:37 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  
(09-03-2011 10:44 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  

I don't know if it'll work. Go to a PS3 forum and see how frustrated people are when using the Move controllers in Killzone and other FPS games. Aiming is improved but movement is so hard that they all give up after a couple of weeks.

But with Kinect you could move like in Rise Of Nightmares Or Deca Sports Freedom's paintballing. I guarantee that a Kinect FPS game like Call Of Duty would be HUGE! Maybe this Cabela game will be a bit hit if it's not on-rails. (It could be a big hit even if it's on-rails, I just mean that a free-moving Kinect FPS that's well-made should theoretically blow people away because of the immersiveness.)
09-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Here this will explain better:

[Image: rsz_1cabelas_dh_2011_top_shot_elite_xbox_70330.jpg]

See the thumbstick on the stock, this is the future of FPS gaming on Kinect. The move and Wii lack this additional feature. It will work because it already does. Activision is using the hunting series as their basis to test out things as everyone would complain if they just switched up CoD out of the blue without testing anything.

[Image: thezeeman.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation New Activision Kinect Game(s?)! Corellianrogue 5 2,054 05-11-2011 10:20 PM
Last Post: Clemens