cabela's big game hunter hunting party

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
cabela's big game hunter hunting party
09-04-2011, 01:18 AM
RE: hunting game
(09-04-2011 12:11 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Here this will explain better:

[Image: rsz_1cabelas_dh_2011_top_shot_elite_xbox_70330.jpg]

See the thumbstick on the stock, this is the future of FPS gaming on Kinect. The move and Wii lack this additional feature. It will work because it already does. Activision is using the hunting series as their basis to test out things as everyone would complain if they just switched up CoD out of the blue without testing anything.

this is how they do it on the Move. the sharpshooter has a holster for the Nav controller.

[Image: playstationmovesharpshooter.jpg]

it doesn't work. if diehard sony fanboys can't get used to it, how are regular people going to like it?

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2011, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2011 01:32 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: hunting game

See the thumbstick on the stock, this is the future of FPS gaming on Kinect. The move and Wii lack this additional feature. It will work because it already does. Activision is using the hunting series as their basis to test out things as everyone would complain if they just switched up CoD out of the blue without testing anything.

I know that's got a thumbstick, I just think that a game would actually control even better just using your body since moving your feet and turning your body is how you walk in real life anyway. (And you wouldn't even have to move your feet as much, just take 1 step for each direction.) By the way, I don't know if you knew but the Dreamcast's lightgun also had a controller and buttons on it and it was going to be used for GunValkyrie which would have been a totally revolutionary new game but in the end the Dreamcast got discontinued and Sega released GunValkyrie on the Xbox instead, without the lightgun controls. (It was still a great game though.)

[Image: dreamgun.jpg]

[Image: Dreamcast_Bio_Gun_with_built_in_vibration_m.jpg]

I had both the gun in the 1st pic and a black version of the gun in the 2nd pic. (Or at least it looks like that gun.)

People would be stupid to complain about COD though since I'm not saying it should be "Kinect Required", I'm saying they can include a Kinect option in future games and patch the previous ones to include a Kinect option too.

Edit: I found an unreleased trailer of the Dreamcast version of GunValkyrie! The video isn't very good quality though unfortunately:

09-04-2011, 01:41 AM
as far as I know, the D-pad on the Sega gun and the Guncon guns were purely for menu navigation, not in-game play.

09-04-2011, 01:54 AM
(09-04-2011 01:18 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  

this is how they do it on the Move. the sharpshooter has a holster for the Nav controller.

it doesn't work. if diehard sony fanboys can't get used to it, how are regular people going to like it?

Look where the placement is...that makes the difference, the gun isn't very big for xbox, I had a chance to mess with it, where it shines though is the placement, when holding the trigger, it is so freaking easy to use your thumb to navigate it felt natural. Looking at the move one, yeah I can see where that problem is, its just dumb integration on Sony's part. Kinect FPS will be awesome as long as they use this gun as a concept.

Core, I do agree with moving around and stuff, I'm thinking the stick will be used maybe more for walking/running and turning...could still use a cover system though with ducking and leaning like the paintball game. Because if you look at it, if you are walking in place or running in place, there's no way you are going to be able to hip shot someone unless you have a cursor on screen, your die hards would whine about it saying its not accurate blah blah blah, but you know, that's realistic in my opinion. Our military doesn't have a cursor on a HUD so while they're running through desert land or where ever so there wouldn't really be a difference.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
09-04-2011, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2011 02:12 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: hunting game
(09-04-2011 01:41 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  as far as I know, the D-pad on the Sega gun and the Guncon guns were purely for menu navigation, not in-game play.

No, it was planned for gameplay, GunValkyrie was announced as the first game to use lightgun's controller & buttons and there was a big feature in the Official Dreamcast Magazine from what I remember. One of the reasons I remember it is because I was really looking forward to it and was gutted when it was cancelled but then luckily it was revived for the Xbox although I was a little disappointed that they dropped the whole lightgun control scheme. It briefly mentions it under "Trivia" here:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/gunvalkyrie

Quote:Smilebit was originally going to release Gunvalkyrie for the Sega Dreamcast. The early demise of the Dreamcast pushed development to the Xbox. In addition, early on Gunvalkyrie was going to incorporate a light-gun into the gameplay but this was ultimately scrapped.

(09-04-2011 01:54 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  
(09-04-2011 01:18 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  

Look where the placement is...that makes the difference, the gun isn't very big for xbox, I had a chance to mess with it, where it shines though is the placement, when holding the trigger, it is so freaking easy to use your thumb to navigate it felt natural. Looking at the move one, yeah I can see where that problem is, its just dumb integration on Sony's part. Kinect FPS will be awesome as long as they use this gun as a concept.

Core, I do agree with moving around and stuff, I'm thinking the stick will be used maybe more for walking/running and turning...could still use a cover system though with ducking and leaning like the paintball game. Because if you look at it, if you are walking in place or running in place, there's no way you are going to be able to hip shot someone unless you have a cursor on screen, your die hards would whine about it saying its not accurate blah blah blah, but you know, that's realistic in my opinion. Our military doesn't have a cursor on a HUD so while they're running through desert land or where ever so there wouldn't really be a difference.

I wasn't talking about running or walking in place, in Deca Sports Freedom's paintballing and Rise Of Nightmares you just take 1 step (actually the paintballing might be 2 steps as it shows both your feet together) and you keep moving until you step back to the middle. I agree about the cursor though, I think lightgun games should go back to having to aim with the gun without a cursor as surely having a cursor makes those games twice as easy?
09-04-2011, 03:38 AM
(09-04-2011 02:05 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  I agree about the cursor though, I think lightgun games should go back to having to aim with the gun without a cursor as surely having a cursor makes those games twice as easy?

You need a cursor with any IR system (Wii) or RGB system (Move) because of the way the technology works.

A true light gun works with a photodiode in the gun with light pulses from the CRT. Either the object gets painted or the screen gets painted and the data is compared to determine whether the object is hit. That's why you see the screen flashes every time you pull the trigger.

There is more drift with an IR or RGB system, and thus you need a cursor to know where you're aiming. Otherwise, you'd have to have a huge fudge factor to compensate for the drift and once gamers feel that you don't have to be accurate to hit the target, it loses all credibility. With a light gun, it feels right when you hit and when you miss.

This is why the Move system for light gun games is not as good as for the IR system in the Wii. You are dragging a cursor as if it's a mouse but it's not mouse accurate and you can definitely feel the lag. And the Move cursor is often jittery as well.

09-04-2011, 04:09 AM
(09-04-2011 03:38 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  
(09-04-2011 02:05 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  I agree about the cursor though, I think lightgun games should go back to having to aim with the gun without a cursor as surely having a cursor makes those games twice as easy?

You need a cursor with any IR system (Wii) or RGB system (Move) because of the way the technology works.

A true light gun works with a photodiode in the gun with light pulses from the CRT. Either the object gets painted or the screen gets painted and the data is compared to determine whether the object is hit. That's why you see the screen flashes every time you pull the trigger.

There is more drift with an IR or RGB system, and thus you need a cursor to know where you're aiming. Otherwise, you'd have to have a huge fudge factor to compensate for the drift and once gamers feel that you don't have to be accurate to hit the target, it loses all credibility. With a light gun, it feels right when you hit and when you miss.

This is why the Move system for light gun games is not as good as for the IR system in the Wii. You are dragging a cursor as if it's a mouse but it's not mouse accurate and you can definitely feel the lag. And the Move cursor is often jittery as well.

I always thought the screen flashing was just to simulate muzzle flashing, lol! So cursors in current lightgun games are here to stay until possibly an HD Kinect? (I'm guessing if they made a Kinect with 1080p resolution that would be accurate enough to aim a gun without a cursor?)
09-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Some new updated info about the gun

I found this article which is talking about the gun and price of hunting party
09-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Good find Ace...now I'm more excited, from the sounds of it, the 2 little bar things on the bottom eliminate the need for a thumbstick, allowing you to turn with the gun. I can't wait for someone to confirm that, this is going to be sweet Big Grin

09-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Hmm, there seems to be another Cabela game coming out...Cabela's Adventure Camp:

A summer camp and high-energy theme park rolled into one, Cabela's Adventure Camp features eight exciting camp-style games designed to get you up and moving. Choose from thrill hill biking, wild river kayaking, full-throttle wave riding and more. Visit camp for a week, compete head-to-head each day, and gain that well-needed edge to win the Cabela's Cup. Motion-controlled game play is exciting, simple and designed for all ages. Play with up to three friends in multiplayer mode. Post scores to Facebook and challenge friends and family to beat you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6874117167

I believe this is a separate game from the big game hunting one with the gun...

09-19-2011, 07:47 PM
hey Ace, can you rename the thread to include the game title? makes it easier to find.

gameplay video:
http://kotaku.com/5841693/this-is-a-gun-...box-kinect

09-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Nice find dirty, all these non kinect people crack me up. First they knock kinect saying you need a controller and this controller free business doesn't work, then a cool game comes out with peripheral, and they contradict themselves saying Kinect is supposed to be controller free. <facepalm> I don't consider a peripheral a controller, it just adds realism to the games.

09-20-2011, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2011 12:36 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: cabela's big game hunter hunting party
The stupid thing about the commenters bashing it for having a gun is that the non-Kinect Cabela games also have a gun, lol! Plus Kinect is used for full body movements in the game (including kicking according to the video in the link) so it's not like all Kinect is being used for is to track the gun and I'm sure moving with Kinect will feel more natural (and obviously more immersive) than using a controller on a gun.
(09-19-2011 07:47 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  hey Ace, can you rename the thread to include the game title? makes it easier to find.

gameplay video:

Where's the gameplay video? I can only see a video of a guy holding the gun and talking about it.
09-20-2011, 01:28 AM
RE: cabela's big game hunter hunting party
Yeah I want to see a gameplay video as well. I want to see if the tri-pod balls or lights or whatever they are is what is used to turn you in the game, if so, I'm geeked and definitely picking this up. I'll support Activision if it'll help them integrate this into CoD. Tongue

09-20-2011, 01:37 AM
RE: cabela's big game hunter hunting party
(09-20-2011 12:30 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(09-19-2011 07:47 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  gameplay video:

Where's the gameplay video? I can only see a video of a guy holding the gun and talking about it.

yeah, labeled it wrong. but you do see the different colors depending on the action of the gun! Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Kung Fu High Impact - The Sequel To (The PSEye Game) Kung Fu Live... Corellianrogue 10 1,321 Today 02:38 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  no XBLA game this month?? xmac2011 0 64 10-28-2011 08:14 PM
Last Post: xmac2011
Thumbs Up Video Game Cover I Just Finished//I NEED FEEDBACK ZappyGetzOff10 3 359 09-27-2011 08:44 PM
Last Post: ZappyGetzOff10
  Can someone identify this game? taylonr 1 385 09-21-2011 06:11 AM
Last Post: KoreVirus
Exclamation PowerUP Heroes (New Kinect game!!) Corellianrogue 14 3,016 09-20-2011 07:04 PM
Last Post: Krakken_3
  New Kinect sports game has me excited. ProjectNatalFan 1 647 09-16-2011 03:22 AM
Last Post: Mrzocor