/ / v /

can you break your motor ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Hey guys
I just bought a kinect for my birthday and when i opend it i didnt read the manual and manually tilted the kinect up and down a few times.
I thought you can do this and when i started using it it said The Kinect Sensor can't move enough.
I wonder whats the problem and does it have anything to do with me manually tilting it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Information RE: can you break your motor ?
It could do since you're not supposed to physically manually tilt Kinect, you're supposed to do it in Kinect Tuner mode via the joypad if you need to.
06-09-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: can you break your motor ?
Yeah but when i go in the kinect tuner it says that kinect sensor cant move enough
06-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Information RE: can you break your motor ?
(06-09-2012 11:46 PM)mogodon10 Wrote:  Yeah but when i go in the kinect tuner it says that kinect sensor cant move enough

What I was saying is that you shouldn't have manually moved it in the first place. If you can't get it working and you've got the warranty just take it back to the shop, tell them it's faulty (but don't mention manually forcing it, lol!) and ask for a replacement.
06-10-2012, 01:11 AM
you are not supposed to physically force the kinect into any position.

the only adjustments you are allowed to make are through the software controls in the kinect guide and settings of the Xbox.

you probably broke the motor mechanism. most likely, the ratchet and the teeth of the gears are not in the correct position. exchange it and don't repeat the mistake.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
06-10-2012, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 02:14 AM by Jersmall.)
I have also manually moved my sensor up and down when i first got it, however it did not break. never had any issues.

maybe they offer spare parts, usually its just plastic cogs that are easy to replace. Thats how i fixed my garage door opener anyway... the plastic cogs shreded themselves to dust from skipping trying to open a frozen door.

a garage door opener is easy ish to fix how hard can a kinect be.
06-10-2012, 10:15 AM
The problem guys is that i bought it from germany and dont live there.
I dont think there will be a problem replacing it but i will have to wait a long time.
Is there any way of manually repairing it ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow Capture movement within motor game with kinect,real time lenoxmo 0 327 06-26-2012 07:18 AM
Last Post: lenoxmo
  Did I break my Kinect sensor? easygoer 12 3,744 04-23-2012 09:00 AM
Last Post: bakkoltd
  Kinect Motor Appears to be broken... Fast Jimmy 2 2,074 01-04-2012 04:45 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue