everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

carnival games Monkey see Monkey do

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-28-2011, 03:46 AM
I am concerned. we just got the carnival games monkey see monkey do with our bundle package for Christmas and I am under the impression that we wont be able to play this game after the 1 mth free xbox live has expired . It was a full game download with the bundle. Can anyone answer me on this fact if it is true or not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2011, 05:35 AM
RE: carnival games Monkey see Monkey do
(12-28-2011 03:46 AM)Penny Wrote:  I am concerned. we just got the carnival games monkey see monkey do with our bundle package for Christmas and I am under the impression that we wont be able to play this game after the 1 mth free xbox live has expired . It was a full game download with the bundle. Can anyone answer me on this fact if it is true or not.

No, that is not true at all. You do not need an Xbox Live Gold account in order to play Xbox games. Once your Gold membership has run out of time, it will revert into an Xbox Live Free account.

There are 2 types of Xbox Live accounts that you can create: Xbox Live Free and Xbox Live Gold.

You do not need Xbox Live Gold for most things. If all you are looking for is playing some games, watching some videos, game chat, downloading demos, etc., Xbox Live Free is more than good enough. You still have full access to the Marketplace. You can still buy games. You can still download demos to the games. You still can buy the $1-3 games at the Indie marketplace. You still have full rights to everything. There are also free weekends when you have access to online multiplayer, Netflix, etc.

That said, Xbox Live Gold is more than worth it.

If you really like gaming and you really like the communal aspect, Xbox Live Gold is worth it (Xbox Live Free is available for free to anyone, by the way). Just the party chat feature alone is worth it. All your friends can be doing different things and still be able to chat with each other. One person can be watching Netflix, another can be playing Modern Warfare 3, another can be playing Gears of War 3, etc. and everyone can talk to each other.

Even within the same game, it's worth it. Let's say you and your friends are playing Gears of War 2. Because of the party chat feature, you can talk the entire time you are at the dashboard or at the menus of the game, so you can discuss what game mode you can play, what map to play, etc.

And you have full control over chatting. You control who you want to listen to, who can listen to you, you can mute on an individual basis or on a global scale. No more dealing with 12 year old kids acting like 12 year old kids. Just listen and chat with your friends.

There are so many reasons why Xbox Live Gold is worth it outside of the multiplayer gaming. In fact, multiplayer gaming is near the bottom of my list (party chat is the top).

seriously, the Xbox is the most social system around. that's worth the price of admission. any system that let's you just hang out with your friends and play games is a good thing. the party chat feature alone is worth the cost of Xbox Live Gold. Sometimes I'll boot up the Xbox just to talk to people. No gaming involved. It's weird to see people just sit at the dash and talk but it happens all the time.

I'm not a competitive person. I don't go online to play to get the most kills. I just want to chill with my friends while playing a game. If I wanted to play by myself or play in a virtual room filled by a bunch of strangers, I would stick to my legacy systems or play on the other systems.

Xbox Live Gold isn't a bullet point kind of thing. It's a lifestyle. I could be trying out a demo and then while I'm playing it, I tell my friends in the party to go check out this cool new game and the whole group goes and downloads it. My friend tells me he just watched a cool vid in youtube and we go to youtube to watch it together. We can have a party and someone drops in, and everyone says hi. It's like being back in college where it's so easy to meet new people and just chill. No barriers. Just have fun.

So my suggestion is that during your free month, you really check out all the features. And if it's not for you, just let it revert to Xbox Live Free and you're good to go.

And since you're new to Kinect, add some Kinect friends and play with them online. It makes the experience pretty amazing. Talk and play together. Talk and exercise together. Or just talk together. Kinect people tend to be really nice anyway.

The wiki page on Xbox Live is very good at differentiating between Xbox Live Free and Xbox Live Gold:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live

[Image: 126bdj6.jpg]

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do dirtyvu 14 4,054 04-12-2011 05:31 AM
Last Post: Ace12me
  so i heard carnival games is out? Jersmall 7 2,662 04-09-2011 03:36 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do ZappyGetzOff10 3 2,378 01-28-2011 07:26 AM
Last Post: ZappyGetzOff10