everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

is gears of war 3 really the best?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-30-2011, 08:26 PM
i viewed it here http://games.beempoo.com/?p=239 wanna some tips to tell me is it the best or battlefield??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2011, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2011 09:19 PM by dirtyvu.)
RE: is gears of war 3 really the best?
(09-30-2011 08:26 PM)titox Wrote:  i viewed it here http://games.beempoo.com/?p=239 wanna some tips to tell me is it the best or battlefield??

I really love love love Gears of War. and Gears 3 is spectacular. there's just so so so much content. The campaign story is huge and can have up to 4 players. The horde mode is awesome. the beast mode is even better. And then there's the traditional multiplayer.

Also, Gears is very beginner friendly, as indicated in your link. You can set separate difficulty settings per person within the same co-op experience. And it's very team oriented and if you get hurt, people can revive you and help you out. No matter how bad you are, I guarantee you will have a great time because the horde and beast modes are just you surviving against tons of computer bad guys so you don't have to face the uber elite human players in deathmatch.

Whether or not you feel it's the best depends on what games you like to play because it is very different from Battlefield. Personally, I feel EA will somehow screw up Battlefield 3. They always make a lot of promises and don't follow through. Even now, the beta came out just before the game is about to be released and it's very rough. and the promises of things being fixed is just promises until it is fixed.

I got a bad taste in my mouth from EA discontinuing servers to games so quickly. You can't even play Madden 10 because they want people to migrate to newer Madden games. And because EA controls their own servers and don't let Microsoft manage the servers, you're at the mercy of EA keeping the servers alive.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
09-30-2011, 09:20 PM
I lost interest in gears after the 1st one. I thought the 1st one was the best, the 2nd one was insanely difficult and if a game is too difficult to play for me, I just give up on it so that's what I did with gears 2. After I lost interest, I have no desire to try 3. It was the same thing really with Army of Two, kind of liked the 1st one, it was ridicously hard but I did beat it, tried the 2nd one, couldn't get past the 1st level and said screw this. Tongue

On a sidenote, I really hope the NFL doesn't renew their stupid agreement with EA so 2K can bring football games back Tongue

[Image: thezeeman.png]
09-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Gears of war 3 is awesome!!! They've added a lot of new features. They've done a great job with the graphics especially the lighting. I agree with dirtyvu, there's so much thing to do and each one gives you a different experience.

This one is easier than the previous ones. I've done the 1 on casual and the 2 on normal mode, and I'm playing this one on hardcore.

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
09-30-2011, 10:39 PM
I can't fathom anyone saying that Gears 2 was too hard. My friend hadn't had a game system since the N64. Someone who had never used dual analog sticks. But after playing Gears of War 2 as his first ever 360 game, he got hooked and went out and bought a brand new 360-S 250GB system and the Gears of War triple pack.

Of course, horde is his favorite mode. And I had to protect him a lot as he was learning the controls. but the lovely thing about horde mode is that it's a ramping difficulty against computer AI bots. So even though he felt a bit lost, he had the protection of his friends and he could cover and fight at his own pace. it's very hard to protect your teammates in other games like Halo or Modern Warfare.

He tried out Gears 1 at my request but Gears 2 was his first experience and he just couldn't adapt. He kept bringing up all of Gears 1 flaws (why some things you can get cover behind but other things you can't; it's too easy to stick to cover rather than roadie running; there wasn't really a story; etc.).

09-30-2011, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2011 11:19 PM by TheZeeMan.)
LOL Oops, wrong game I just checked and I did get this achievement in GoW2:

Artist of War
Completed all campaign acts on Hardcore Difficulty

So I think I was talking about Army of Two...or some other game that is like GoW which I don't think there are too many.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
10-01-2011, 02:45 AM
(09-30-2011 10:39 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I can't fathom anyone saying that Gears 2 was too hard. My friend hadn't had a game system since the N64. Someone who had never used dual analog sticks. But after playing Gears of War 2 as his first ever 360 game, he got hooked and went out and bought a brand new 360-S 250GB system and the Gears of War triple pack.

Of course, horde is his favorite mode. And I had to protect him a lot as he was learning the controls. but the lovely thing about horde mode is that it's a ramping difficulty against computer AI bots. So even though he felt a bit lost, he had the protection of his friends and he could cover and fight at his own pace. it's very hard to protect your teammates in other games like Halo or Modern Warfare.

He tried out Gears 1 at my request but Gears 2 was his first experience and he just couldn't adapt. He kept bringing up all of Gears 1 flaws (why some things you can get cover behind but other things you can't; it's too easy to stick to cover rather than roadie running; there wasn't really a story; etc.).

Same for me: I was really got hooked with GoW2, 1 was fun but the cover system is better in the second.

10-18-2011, 04:17 AM
Check this awesome video: Lego Gears of war!!!

10-18-2011, 10:23 AM
(10-18-2011 04:17 AM)legreffer Wrote:  Check this awesome video: Lego Gears of war!!!

OMG!!!! that is friggin awesome!!!!!!

12-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Merry Christmas, Gears-style!!!
for those that missed out on the Christmas snowman heads... in true HD so if you have the bandwidth, watch them in HD, especially the one with Christmas music! Tongue

Thanksgibbing King of the Hill with Snowman Heads and Christmas music!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

12-25-2011, 02:44 AM
If you want to have your avatar carry a gun at the dashboard, better buy it before January 1, 2012, or forever hold your peace! They're delisting guns from the avatar marketplace.

Gears of War obviously has guns for avatars (lancer or hammerburst? gold versus regular? decisions, decisions). Don't know about other games.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/8707...n-1-1-2012

Lancer and Hammerburst avatar items no longer available on Marketplace on 1/1/2012

Heads up! Starting on Jan. 1, 2012, the Lancer and Hammerburst avatar items will no longer be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. If you’ve purchased the items prior to Jan. 1, you will be able to keep them. A new policy goes into effect for all gun-like avatar items on the Marketplace, so get them while they’re hot. -raczilla Community Manager

01-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Gears of war is possibly the best and most consistent campaign ive ever played. Each character has a different story and always makes you want more

Gears of war was the best gears 2 sucked for multiplayer but gears 3 has took the best bits from both and have grew on it. Very hard game to play in versus but really good and addictive highly recommend
03-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I have played all 3 games in the series. The Gears of War franchise is one of the best out there. This game does not disappoint. If you liked either of the previous 2 games, you'll love this one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2012, 10:15 PM
I've played all the games in the series, and I must admit that GOW 3 was the most interesting. But GOW2 was great too (the worm level)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2012, 11:10 PM
(03-26-2012 10:15 PM)JohnC Wrote:  I've played all the games in the series, and I must admit that GOW 3 was the most interesting. But GOW2 was great too (the worm level)

the worm was one of the best scenes!!!!!