/ / v /

kinect id

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
kinect id
11-19-2010, 10:08 AM
kinect id
hi,

my kinect id square is not visible in the kinect hub so i can't use the face recognition feature.

how do i get this to work?

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2010, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2010 03:30 PM by sande.)
RE: kinect id
i've got exactly the same problem! i asked it in "how will kinect will work in terms off" but the awnsers didn't work yet.
ow, and i cant scroll to the menu in kinect hub too.
11-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Hmm now there's 2 of you? lol Just teasing...

Feizal, did you create a profile and avatar character for yourself?

[Image: thezeeman.png]
11-19-2010, 09:17 PM
(11-19-2010 04:52 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Hmm now there's 2 of you? lol Just teasing...

Feizal, did you create a profile and avatar character for yourself?

well, i did Smile
11-19-2010, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2010 09:55 PM by TheZeeMan.)
I'm still not getting why yours doesn't work sande...I have one xbox live gold account, and then I created 3 additional local accounts...and all 4 can use kinect ID....
Actually I'm going to borrow this picture:

[Image: KinectHub-US-version-930x523.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0035.jpg]

Does your hub resemble either of those?

11-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Does your hub resemble either of those?
[/quote]

no, not at all. but i dont have xbox live. so i do have "open tray" and "sign in" and that stuff. hey, but on youre photo i see "sign out" but there always stand "sign in" in my kinect hub. even when i just signed in.
11-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Guys with Kinect ID problems, please explain what you tried up until now in (detailed) steps to solve your problem, and what you did to verify it still doesnt work.

This will help us help you Smile.

Thanks!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Ok i Just made it home and hooked my kinect up in my living room and i have the same problem i didnt have this problem when i hooked it up at my mom house and the reason my kinect id isnt working its the lighting if your pics or video looking kinda grainy its not gonna Read your face correctly

I took my kinect over to my neighbors house last night with perfect lighting and it worked just fine my ceiling fan only allows one bulb unlike my moms and neighbor i used three 100w bulbs at there houses an kinect seen my face an took the best pictures and video

Dont nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream
11-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Ah Robb's the superstar now Tongue

Yeah that would make sense, Kinect ID only works anyway if you have correct lighting.

11-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Yea im something like Superstar guess the score like 1 to 3 you in the lead lol

11-21-2010, 09:27 AM
yeah but in my kinect hub. i cant choose kinect ID! so i cant even see if i have good lightning or not.
11-21-2010, 09:57 AM
If u cant choose kinect id either you have no avatar or you have no hdd on your xbox

11-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Ok so here's deal from what I am told by Microsoft customer is that this is because we do not have the most resent update for our xbox because of not having an internet connection I did say to them that I thought I was strange that the connect did not come with update. Maybe a way to get you to go online ? Who knows. Anyways they told me take a usb data stick go online on a home computer and then go to xbox.com/support and download the update have not tried it yet so I do not know if this works since my computer is down and only have web on my mobile , hope this helps
11-30-2010, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2010 05:44 AM by dirtyvu.)
(11-21-2010 09:27 AM)sande Wrote:  yeah but in my kinect hub. i cant choose kinect ID! so i cant even see if i have good lightning or not.

you don't need xbox live gold. you can always sign up for the xbox live free account. the free account does everything the gold account does except online multiplayer, netflix, video kinect, facebook, twitter, and last.fm. the only reason not to have an internet connection and/or the xbox live free account is if your system is modded. let's not get into that.

okay, this answer is like the "did you plug it in?" answer.

did you scroll to the left screen? the kinect ID is not on the main kinect hub screen. you have to go to the left screen to see it.

I love the Kinect ID feature. It works great. But I can't use it because I use my brother's Live Gold account to play online. And with the Kinect ID feature enabled, whenever I stood in front of the kinect, it would log me into my own free account which doesn't have online multiplayer. So I turned it off.