We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

losing 3 stone by kinect only

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-17-2010, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2010 08:05 PM by NO SUPER POWERS.)
Im gonna keep a little diary of my time on kinect becuase im a fat git, not super super size but fat enough, My goal is to use kinect games as gaming is my passion and i want to get fitter with kinect.

You seen the story's of women losing 1,2,3 4, 8 stone using Wii fit so im going to take my own attempt at it using only kinect its games and mostly your shape.

For the record now on the 10/11/2010, D/M/Y i was smack on 17 stone.

got kinect on 10/11/10.
gonna way myself every sunday, so its not a constant update everyday or if i lost 1lbs 2lbs etc

had it for over a week now, It has changed the way i diet, drink, act, play and i even watch what im doing whilst not on kinect.

im eating less, but feel more full, i havn't drank this much water since learning to swin when i was a kid, a little joke there,

first started off playing kinect adventure and i must admit, after playing rally ball with 2 people for the 1st time i was clutching onto my last breathe of air, i was that tierd, sweat pouring off my head.

That was only 3 minutes, i was thinking can sit down and play games for 3 hours straight without even thinking about it.

So i put on kinect sports and played some football, it was great still tired after 1 game,

put on dance central did 1 song and my god i had to turn it off after that, i was covered in sweat legs killing just why did i buy this machine for.

the next day i put in your shape, i was dreading it. i burned 20 calories and i turned it off, must of been 3 miutes of exercise and i had enough

a week has passed since my 1st outing on kinect. im now loving kinect, i feel so energetic, im looking out for calories, im non stop drinking water, instead of coke. i even turned down chocolate cake yesterday because i didnt want to put it back on. iv'e become the thing i hated the most and thats a Fitness control freak.

When i play dance central the 1st thing i do is put on workout mode so i can see my calories i burned off. instead of doing 1 dance and dying, im hitting 10 dances and still going, im always looking to burn of between 100 and 200 just for dance central alone before i even think about turning it off.

your shape: after spening 2 goes on there and dying im now looking forward to going on it tonight to burn off around 500 calories.
i set myself a target of each time i go on it i must burn of more than the last time.

The wife said yesterday that my gut/belly doesn't stick out as it used to and i was so chuffed with that comment, you wouldn't believe.

That is a week later, i have only just now started to feel this way in the past 3 days, but im putting more effort into all my moves with my games than i did before

So gonna put this diary up and if anyone else wants to join in with me then feel free, the worst thing about exercise is that people watch you and it puts you off or you don't have anyone to do it with that you can feel comftable with talking.

I honestly can't wait for sunday so i can weigh myself. i want to see if it does work or if its all in my head.

I do hope that all future kinect games come with a calorie counter in its games like dance central where you can turn it on or off and it don'e effect the game at all.

Im off for a good workout now with my kinect, ill post up tomorrow what i did.

FEEL FREE TO JUMP IN IF YOU WANT TO DO THE SAME, MAYBE CAN CHALLENGE EACH OTHER FOR WEIGHT LOSS OR GET THE WHOLE COMMUNITY GETTING FIT TOGETHER.

[Image: NO+SUPER+POWERS.png]
SHARE THE KINECT Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2010, 04:12 PM
RE: losing 3 stone by kinect only
Ha you sound exactly like me, I haven't changed my habits yet, I still drink coke every day...except yesterday when I was playing the ea game, it said...Take a water break, and a full 22 minute excercise said I only burned off like 120 calories or something...I went to grab a coke, looked at the calories, 140...then it really hit me, as I was like, hmm all this ass kicking excercising and I still don't burn off one can of coke? I need to quit! So now I'm trying to switch up. Smile

[Image: thezeeman.png]
11-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Cool stuff guys Big Grin. I'm doing diet coke since ... 10 years or so. Girly or not, I don't care. The amount of sugar I avoided that way is enormous!

Very interesting to read your progress, NoSuperPowers. Furthermore, I think we may help motivate you reach your goals. Hopefully you can motivate others to get fit (and loads of G's) using Kinect as well.

GOOD LUCK!!

DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BEFORE-AFTER picture Big Grin.. .that would be awesome! (you don't have to post it, but you may want to when you're done: to show the impact of all of that hard work)

If you keep your exercising up two weeks, I'll put you on the front page!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-17-2010, 10:41 PM
done and done already got my before picture already lol, not gonna post it up yet though lol

SHARE THE KINECT Heart
11-18-2010, 02:53 AM
That's awesome No Super Powers. Fantastic story and I'm looking forward to getting Your Shape myself so I can do the same.

For the record, Diet Coke is not girly. Smile

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
11-19-2010, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2010 12:45 PM by NO SUPER POWERS.)
RE: losing weight by kinect only
Didn't post in past to days as kinda busy with kids and stuff,

have been on kinect doing dance central burned 200 calories in 1 session yesterday and day before, i think i gave football a propper good work out on kinect sports, i was proper sweating from head to toe. I just went crazy on it trying to get 5 goals on champion diff, think i played it for an hour straight. just play again, play again, wish it had a caloire counter on it too. just something to pop up ever now and then when hit say 25 or 50 burned, just something

I borrowed fighters uncaged of my brother last night and gave that a quick run through of the controls gesture's and i must say i was in a propper work out mode, I was covered in sweat, again wish that had a calorie mode too. even if it only pops up after each fight.

Still been eating less and feeling great, still drinking the water, although i did let myself have 1 galss of dr pepper yesterday,

I put a t-shirt on this morning that used to be feel tight as hell on me and when i put it on this morning i could actually breathe through it without it being so tight.

I honestly can't wait till sunday to see what i weigh, but even running my hand doen my chest and belly it feels less sticking out at the bottom and more flatish.

Off to give fighters caged a good proper session now and ill post my thought up on it in the review section later on tonight.

I even bought new joggers for kinect along with the most comfy slippers that have hard bottoms so me feet dont hurt as much when playing so i can keep going for longer.

joggers on, water in bottle ready, lets go kick some ass

SHARE THE KINECT Heart
11-21-2010, 10:07 AM
(11-17-2010 04:12 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Ha you sound exactly like me, I haven't changed my habits yet, I still drink coke every day...except yesterday when I was playing the ea game, it said...Take a water break, and a full 22 minute excercise said I only burned off like 120 calories or something...I went to grab a coke, looked at the calories, 140...then it really hit me, as I was like, hmm all this ass kicking excercising and I still don't burn off one can of coke? I need to quit! So now I'm trying to switch up. Smile

keep up the good work. soda is major calories so avoid that if you can. and while diet soda is calorie free, it still stimulates your appetite so although you can feel guilt free drinking the soda, you need to watch your portions of food because of it. water will suppress your appetite (unless you use one of those flavored water drinks).

as for burning calories... the calorie count you burn during a session is not the important part. the important part is building up your muscles and cardiovascular system. the more active they are, the more energy they're going to need. this is where they say you're increasing your metabolism. metabolizing food or fat to energy to supply your system. so as your muscles get bigger, they get more hungry and consume more energy. so even just sitting there, you'll consume more calories than before. that's the goal of exercise. to make your body think, woah, I need to grow and recruit more muscle in order to prepare for the future and sustain this heavier load. it's like riding a bike. the hardest part is building up the speed from scratch, but once you get the bike going, pedaling becomes easier and the bike goes faster and faster without you having to do much.
11-21-2010, 04:56 PM
NO SUPER POWERS glad to see you are enjoying cardio work-outs via Kinect! I'm sure a bunch of people here have already started tracking their progress in terms of weight loss.

I have the goal of 1 lb per week. Started on November 5th. So far, so good as I have lost 5.5lbs total. I know initially when dieting/exercise is increased you will lose more in the beginning but if I can average 1 lb per week over 20 weeks, I'll be happy. I'm not excessively overweight but definitely could lose 20 lbs- perhaps 25 lbs if I wanted to be absolutely shredded..
11-21-2010, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2010 08:20 PM by NO SUPER POWERS.)
nice to see others doing the same. congrats to all on there weight loss

totday was the big day. after yesterday going out to a party and drinking loads lol But at the party 5 people who i havn't seen in about 2 months said, wow i guess its working then, you look like you lost weight it dont stick out so much. so had the biggest smile on my face.

anyway crunch time

i got on the scales today and i weighed 15 stone 13 pounds. I was like wtf it must be wrong. so got of got back on 15 stone 13 pounds. thats over 1stone in 10 days. I was like a kid at xmas lol i was expecting 16s 7pounds or only half a stone but over a stone i was extatic.

so its working,kinect is working like crazy. totally dropped the pop, i even went out to a resturaunt friday night and had a bottle of water.

can't wait to start playing games again tomorrow, having a rest today so i can rest my body but back on it tomorrow. my legs are still hurting from playing fighters uncaged, man i sweated my ass of playing that game.

10/11/2010 = 17 stone = 238 lb = 108 kilos

21/11/2010 = 15 stone 13 pounds = 223 lb = 101 kilos

SHARE THE KINECT Heart
11-21-2010, 08:34 PM
7 Kg in such a short while... wow. Keep it up man!!! Big GrinGetting great achievements on the way too? Do you feel there's less need for discipline now that you're enjoying the exercise in a gaming fashion?

Congrats on the others attempting to do the same.

Btw, don't forget to do a bit of a warmup before you exercise hard. Because, your muscles need to be prepared a little in order to prevent injuries. I had the same issue with Kinect Sports a while back, couldn't walk normally for a few days Tongue(because I didn't do any warm up-ish routines).

11-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks man i was so surprised i was expecting 5 or 6 pounds max for only 10 days. but 15 was just nuts.

Yeah before i start playing kinect i go straight into bowling to get me warmed up and it takes about 5 mins to play, I play it like proper bowling aswell so im moving legs and streching arms. either that or i play rally ball to get me warmed up.

It's wierd, im totally up for the weight loss part 100%, but i still have to stop myself from going to the cupboard and gettin something to eat. Im turning down food which i normally never do lol, it is hard and discipline is a massive issue here. but im beating it.

Im enjoying getting the achievements for the games its a massive incentive to keep going, i dont think i would if there would no achievements as im such a gamerscore ho bag. But im now taking my time and not rushing my games like i use to.

The mrs asked 2 days ago has the novilty wore off yet and i said o hell no. Im still loving my games, still loving moving around. not loving the water though, but its working so well and keeping my cravings down and thats my biggest problem the cravings.

but so far so good and im loving every second of it. For ages i wanted to go on the biggest loser because theres a reason and quick results over the weeks, but if i keep this up its my own biggest loser fat camp and all by the thing i love to do gaming and kinect.

SHARE THE KINECT Heart
11-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Nice to see your having great success with your goal.

I have a few friends who are hoping to lose some weight with the help of Kinect, and here is first hand proof that it can be done with some discipline / dedication - yet still have lots of fun whilst your doing it.

Keep up the good work Smile
11-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Great post, diet is important too. I have lost weight in the past going gym and dieting, but due to lifestyle and work it's not always possible to go gym so kinect is going to help in that area for me. I am also going to diet using weight watchers books, but not going to weight watchers. I will also go gym if I can.
11-24-2010, 07:02 PM
(11-24-2010 02:16 PM)BlueBaron Wrote:  Great post, diet is important too. I have lost weight in the past going gym and dieting, but due to lifestyle and work it's not always possible to go gym so kinect is going to help in that area for me. I am also going to diet using weight watchers books, but not going to weight watchers. I will also go gym if I can.

Cool, good luck bluebaron! SmileI find it very relaxing to do a bit of Kinect Sports when I get back from a busy day at work, really helps me exercise and relax Big Grin(much better than packing your back, going to the gym etc)

11-28-2010, 02:50 PM
So, No super powers, how is it going? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I've decided to get serious about losing weight. Pink Panther 7 451 01-04-2012 10:58 PM
Last Post: Pink Panther
Wink Weight loss challenge 3!! stone down this year - Now with photos bondbill2k2 30 9,861 12-02-2011 08:42 AM
Last Post: steve8819