everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

new dashboard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new dashboard
12-11-2011, 08:31 PM
new dashboard
youtube app is up (at least for people in the beta dashboard program)!

works great! very slick interface and very metro. netflix, you should be like this!!!!!

the kinect controls are good but you can't do everything that you can with the controller like rate the video up or down. unfortunately, there's no voice search which would've been awesome!!!

I was able to browse my video uploads, playlists, etc.

I can't figure out if there's a way to change the resolution of the video. It defaults to the highest (which is good) but the neat thing about the PC is if you don't need to watch it in 720P, you can watch it at something else like 480P.

on other notes with the new dashboard... a lot of apps were upgraded with the new dashboard so try them out all your old apps to see the changes. avatar kinect was upgraded. there's a new KinectID. Netflix (infamously).

in case your app wasn't upgraded, you can always redownload the app to ensure that you have the new version of each app.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2011, 08:49 PM
RE: new dashboard
Not sure if anyone tested out the windows phone companion but I wanted to note on it, that it is awesome. Not that I would, but you can control your xbox from anywhere that your phone has service lol

But it works with dvds, youtube and netflix as well, it just adds controller buttons to the touch screen. Saved me $20 on a media remote Tongue

[Image: thezeeman.png]
12-11-2011, 09:43 PM
@Zee: yes, I downloaded the app, but forgot to test it!

@Dirtyvu: awesome, will also check that out! Big Grin, thanks for the tip

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2011, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 10:43 PM by Jersmall.)
(12-11-2011 09:43 PM)Clemens Wrote:  @Zee: yes, I downloaded the app, but forgot to test it!

the new xbox live app is cool, i use it on my ipod and can see msgs from anywhere in the house. also i can reply to people without using the xbox dashboard. its basically a second portable dashboard that doesn't kick you out of games.

you can also check achievements you want,set beacons, check spotlight and change avatars style and features super quick by pushing a simple button. waaaaay faster then using the kinect and kicking you out of your game. however i do not know yet if you cna change your style WHILE playing a game.
12-11-2011, 10:54 PM
(12-11-2011 10:38 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  
(12-11-2011 09:43 PM)Clemens Wrote:  @Zee: yes, I downloaded the app, but forgot to test it!

the new xbox live app is cool, i use it on my ipod and can see msgs from anywhere in the house. also i can reply to people without using the xbox dashboard. its basically a second portable dashboard that doesn't kick you out of games.

you can also check achievements you want,set beacons, check spotlight and change avatars style and features super quick by pushing a simple button. waaaaay faster then using the kinect and kicking you out of your game. however i do not know yet if you cna change your style WHILE playing a game.

here is the iOS app. still not as good as what's for windows phone but good enough for a lot of people:

12-12-2011, 01:30 AM
No I'm not referring to that app (that's the xbox live companion), there's a new app (the xbox companion) that allows remote control of your xbox...maybe its just for windows phones, but it's awesome...

12-12-2011, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 03:11 AM by dirtyvu.)
Full control of the Xbox will always only be done with Microsoft devices (Windows Phone 7 and Windows 8).

I really think that the new iOS app is to get exposure for the Metro interface so that it's not so foreign. Everyone knows how to use a page of individual program icons on a desktop. We've had that for 20 years now. But the Metro interface is very unfamiliar to a lot of people.

On another note, the ESPN app is also new too and has real Kinect functionality now. The last one totally screwed it up.

the IHeartRadio app is out!

Disclaimer: I don't know if the new version is being pushed out to the general public yet. I'm in the beta program.

also works great! very slick interface and very metro. netflix, you should be like this!!!!!

the kinect controls are great and has more functionality than with the Youtube app. You can save your favorite stations, sort by stations in your area, etc.

The installation process is just like Youtube or Netflix. You launch the app and get an activation code. Then you go to your web browser and URL. then you enter the activation code and your IHeartRadio account is tagged to your 360.

It's weird the dichotomy of app design. Youtube and IHeartRadio have a very metro interface and is consistent with the dashboard. Netflix, ESPN (and if my memory serves me right, EPIX) have their own unique design.

12-12-2011, 03:23 AM
(12-12-2011 02:33 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  Full control of the Xbox will always only be done with Microsoft devices (Windows Phone 7 and Windows 8).

Ah cool, didn't know that, probably a good thing they make it windows device only Tongue It is really cool though, totally replaces the media remote, now if they can get windows phones to remote control TVs and cable boxes, we're all set Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  new dashboard Mrzocor 2 254 12-11-2011 10:45 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
  signup available for the Kinect beta dashboard dirtyvu 4 595 11-13-2011 12:51 AM
Last Post: dp247
Exclamation New Xbox 360 Dashboard Beta Testing In October! Corellianrogue 0 775 09-10-2011 03:00 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Dashboard Leafs1201 8 2,414 11-11-2010 04:56 AM
Last Post: 360