We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

portal 2 was fun :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-24-2011, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2011 04:28 AM by Jersmall.)
I traded in Kinect party in motion, MW2 and yourshape for a new copy of portal 2 at my local blockbuster. I am not sure if i finished it fast or not but it took me a good 8-10 hours to complete the game. that would probably be my only negetive comment about portal 2 Single player.

The story is much more interactive and indepth with other characters coming into play. Im not going to go in details about the story characters and new physics features. I will say if you liked portal 1 then you will love portal 2!!

The story starts off basically right where it left off in portal one. It gave me a bit of a deja vue after beating portal 1 a long time ago. The ending was also kind of surprising but it explains the co-op story as well. It makes much more sense playing co-op after single player. I still have to finish co-op but i started it with my friend. he threatened me to not play it with a random online player and to wait for us to play again.... we'll see what happens.

Anyways if you haven't bought it yet or rented it yet its really fun. however i highly recommend you finish portal 1 first. There is a lot of irony and jokes from past experiences in portal 1.

edit: for those that wonder Single player the story is way different then in co-op. In co-op you have a total of 4 portals making the gameplay quite different. they also give you emotions and marker singals to communicate and you aren't human.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2011, 10:41 AM
RE: portal 2 was fun :)
Maybe I just don't get it... I played Portal and didn't see what made people go gaga over it. Maybe I don't like puzzle games much.
04-24-2011, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2011 04:23 PM by Jersmall.)
RE: portal 2 was fun :)
(04-24-2011 10:41 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  Maybe I just don't get it... I played Portal and didn't see what made people go gaga over it. Maybe I don't like puzzle games much.

portal 1 was a BIT repetitive but in here you get extra features with gels. some for speed some for jump height and another liquid that allows you to place portals on surfaces that you usually cant.there are laso bridges and gravity lifts this time that really increase the possible levels you can do.

in portal 2 you do experiments of course but its MUCH MUCH more intune with the story and i can tell they tried hard to make every level unique.

I would say protal 2 is twice the game portal 1 was. its got a much more indepth story that follows as you play and not as repetetive as portal 1. again very fun. Smile