Kinect FORUM

Full Version: Kinect Setup: DOs and DON'Ts - Troubleshooting Kinect's Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please list the things you like to share on what to do and not to do in setting the Kinect Sensor up!

Hopefully we can all learn from each other and have the best Kinect experience!!

Kinect Setup DO's
  • everyone should do the manual tilt adjust, try to tilt it as far down as possible while still being able to see your head. (all of your head) I found if I just went with the default veiwing angle from the initial setup, that kinect seemed to want more play space. (I actually gained almost a foot of 'Best Play Space', which is where kinect states two player play is possible.
  • Calibrate the Kinect Sensor multiple times under different lighting conditions for the best experience.
  • Make sure your kinect is level if its not balanced trust me your gonna have a long day
  • You want the Kinect at eye level. This gives you your maximum play area view that kinect sensor can detect. At first I had mine about 2' off the ground, in my entertainment center.

Kinect Setup DONT's

Feel free to add yours in the discussion below!
    Please make sure your kinect is level if its not balanced trust me your gonna have a long day
    I am new to this forum, so maybe this has already been answered. Is there a way after the initial set up to go in and re-setup the Kinect so I can do the manual kinect camera angle? It seems to be aiming very high for me right now. I have had the kinect for about a month and a half. Currently it seems to want me about 9 feet from the sensor. Thanks for the help!

Cable
    (02-21-2011 10:50 PM)Cable Wrote: [ -> ]I am new to this forum, so maybe this has already been answered. Is there a way after the initial set up to go in and re-setup the Kinect so I can do the manual kinect camera angle? It seems to be aiming very high for me right now. I have had the kinect for about a month and a half. Currently it seems to want me about 9 feet from the sensor. Thanks for the help!

Cable

Welcome here Cable,

This video should help you :

Reference URL's