Kinect FORUM

Full Version: Me, 22lbs down and still going.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In brief.

At new year I was 203lbs and unfit and decided I needed to lose some fat so I turned to Kinect and...

Kinectimals 1000/1000 ~ really very good with some good gentle exercise. A showcase for Kinect and probably it's most polished title. Got for my bairns but got quite into it myself!
Kinect Adventures 1000/1000 ~ again you can build up a real sweat if you put the effort in to get Golds and Platinums; use the achievements to keep you motivated.
Dance Central ~ Really good exercise and makes you move
Your Shape ~ Burnt 2000 cals off, mostly with a daily couple of Cardio Boxing routines and some Zen yoga cool downs.

And I'm now currently 6 sessions into the 9 week program on EA Sports Active 2 on medium and I now find I actually look forward to the 30 odd mins of exercise.

...And as of this morning I'm 181lbs; 22 lbs down and I feel great. My heigh it 5'10'' so I'm finally into the 25's BMI and people are commenting all the time that I seem to have lost weight.

Of all the titles I currently prefer EA Sports Active 2 as it's the one that really pushes you the most though at the fitness level I was at I'm glad I started with the earlier titles. It's only problem is it's use of Kinect can be a bit cluncky at time but overall it doesn't detract too much from it's purpose.

I'm also adding a little Sonic Freeriders, Kinect Sports and Dr Kawashima's Body and Brain into the mix; as someone who really only used to play 'hardcore' titles you could argue I'm now a bit of Kinect Fanatic.
Welcome here Wink

With those kinect gamescore and titles, i can see that you are a kinect Fan lol.

I have just done the workout #6 (9 weeks on medium too) at EASA2 as you can see in my blog.

Keep it up !
Congratulations on completing Phase 1 of the 9 week program!
(03-01-2011 03:05 PM)AuntieParticle Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on completing Phase 1 of the 9 week program!

Heh, thanks very much. I've picked up some bug from one of my kids too and didn't really feel like working out but knowing it was the last one in phase 1 I battled through.
Probably time for an update as by my reckoning this mornings work out marks the half way point of my EASA2 9 week program. I've now completed 9 hours of exercise and burnt off close to 5k calories.

I've kind of cut back on dieting and I'm eating more and more carbs (I was basically carb free for 2 months). I'm working more on creating a sustainable long term lifestyle with exercise staying close to the weight I am. This being said I have lost a little more and I'm now down 26lbs and close to my original target. My wife says she doesn't think I need to lose any more weight but I think I'd feel happier if I was say another 5lbs lighter.

I've been so busy as late I've basically only done the EASA2 program with Kinect, some days getting up at 6 to do it before the day starts so it doesn't impact on the family.

Overall I'm feeling a lot fitter and healthier and definately loving having bigger 'guns' (or my wife is!)...
5K, that is really good !

Congrats and keep going Smile
Phase 3 really is starting to up the ante and with just 6 sessions left my last 2 workouts burnt 454 and 420 cals respectively.

In total I've now completed over 17 hours of exercise and burnt over 9200 cals.

I can see the end in sight. Then I have the problem of what to do next. I don't want to stop but I'll need a new motivation.

I think I'll immediately start the cardio kick start program on hard and might even see if I can get Biggest Loser.

Any news on an EASA3 for the end of the year as annual releases is EA's thing.
(04-03-2011 12:06 PM)Abooie Wrote: [ -> ]Phase 3 really is starting to up the ante and with just 6 sessions left my last 2 workouts burnt 454 and 420 cals respectively.

In total I've now completed over 17 hours of exercise and burnt over 9200 cals.

I can see the end in sight. Then I have the problem of what to do next. I don't want to stop but I'll need a new motivation.

I think I'll immediately start the cardio kick start program on hard and might even see if I can get Biggest Loser.

Any news on an EASA3 for the end of the year as annual releases is EA's thing.

Well done, over 400 cal per session, awesome !!!

Oh yeah, phase 3 is tougher. EA did a great job with this phase thing, I can not imagine doing a phase 3 workout at start of my training.

I started to wondering what to do next, too. I was looking to UFC Trainer that was supposed to be released in April, before it was delayed to June. I will make a custom workout in EA but I will have motivation problems. I haven't heard anything about EASA3.
10,000 calories!!

I'm burning 400 a session now and because I missed Fridays and did it Sunday I've burnt over 1200 in 3 days!

I'm finding the sessions quite punishing now. 3 lots of 40 Split Squat Jumps, Star Planks, 3 lots of 18 jump mountain biking and runs for fun in between. Even the side to side and forward back jumps which I used to find straight forward are starting to get to me as they up the number.

Tomorrow off and I really feel I need it.
(04-05-2011 12:59 PM)Abooie Wrote: [ -> ]10,000 calories!!

I'm finding the sessions quite punishing now. 3 lots of 40 Split Squat Jumps, Star Planks, 3 lots of 18 jump mountain biking and runs for fun in between. Even the side to side and forward back jumps which I used to find straight forward are starting to get to me as they up the number.

I'm feeling the exact same way right now !!!

Congrats for your 10k Big Grin
Workout 33

Time: 00:49
Calories: 473
Running: 2.7 Miles
Avg HR: 122
Max HR: 158

Only 3 to go now!
Workout 34

Time: 00:42
Calories: 404
Running: 3.99 Miles
Avg HR: 121
Max HR: 161

Struggled with the various planks and press ups today, I just didn't have much energy after a very busy week. Knowing I only have 2 left is a great motivator though. My wife also asked if I'd like to do something special when I finish on Tuesday which was really nice; she does listen after all!
(04-08-2011 10:11 AM)Abooie Wrote: [ -> ]Workout 34

Time: 00:42
Calories: 404
Running: 3.99 Miles
Avg HR: 121
Max HR: 161

Struggled with the various planks and press ups today, I just didn't have much energy after a very busy week. Knowing I only have 2 left is a great motivator though. My wife also asked if I'd like to do something special when I finish on Tuesday which was really nice; she does listen after all!

She will also benefit from it after all, lol.
(04-08-2011 12:58 PM)legreffer Wrote: [ -> ]She will also benefit from it after all, lol.

Lol, yeah.

This morning I finished and I'm knackered, you can't be far behind legeffer?

Really feeling quite chuffed with myself and going to enjoy some nice food and a beer or two tonight as a reward.

I'm away for a week in 2 weeks time so I'm not going to start the cardio kick start just yet. I think I'll do some custom routines and see if I can get the arm curles and lunges achievements; might even do a load of push ups too.

Best thing about all this is no more split squat jump repeats! YAY!
(04-12-2011 11:41 AM)Abooie Wrote: [ -> ]This morning I finished and I'm knackered, you can't be far behind legeffer?

Really feeling quite chuffed with myself and going to enjoy some nice food and a beer or two tonight as a reward.

I'm away for a week in 2 weeks time so I'm not going to start the cardio kick start just yet. I think I'll do some custom routines and see if I can get the arm curles and lunges achievements; might even do a load of push ups too.

Best thing about all this is no more split squat jump repeats! YAY!

Woohoo, congrats Big Grin

I have 1 workout left. After, I will probably do custom workouts too and maybe some Your Shape.

Take a beer for me Wink
Reference URL's