123 Kinect FORUM

Full Version: Trying to lose weight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody, first time posting. just ordered xbox 360 with kinect, should be here in about a week. I am 52 year old 6'1, 280 lb. male {kinda old for games ya think} trying to lose weight. I hate the thought of exercise but I enjoy playing video games. I need to lose a lot of weight, I just started a protein shake diet to help jump start the process. I will keep everybody posted on a weekly basis. Thanks for listening.Sad
(04-08-2011 04:12 AM)sparky Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody, first time posting. just ordered xbox 360 with kinect, should be here in about a week. I am 52 year old 6'1, 280 lb. male {kinda old for games ya think} trying to lose weight. I hate the thought of exercise but I enjoy playing video games. I need to lose a lot of weight, I just started a protein shake diet to help jump start the process. I will keep everybody posted on a weekly basis. Thanks for listening.Sad

Welcome Sparky !

There is no age for kinect Wink

Which games are you gonna play for your losing weight challenge ?
I'm using EA Sports Active 2 and YourShape. I drink a protein shake after my workouts.

Good luck Smile
(04-08-2011 04:36 AM)legreffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2011 04:12 AM)sparky Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody, first time posting. just ordered xbox 360 with kinect, should be here in about a week. I am 52 year old 6'1, 280 lb. male {kinda old for games ya think} trying to lose weight. I hate the thought of exercise but I enjoy playing video games. I need to lose a lot of weight, I just started a protein shake diet to help jump start the process. I will keep everybody posted on a weekly basis. Thanks for listening.Sad

Welcome Sparky !

I'm using EA Sports Active 2 and YourShape. I drink a protein shake after my workouts.

Good luck Smile

I have no idea yet, still looking at all available games.
(04-08-2011 04:40 AM)sparky Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2011 04:36 AM)legreffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Welcome Sparky !

Good luck Smile

I have no idea yet, still looking at all available games.

Hi there Sparky and congrats on your purchase.

I'm in a similar boat and I've been using Kinect to lose weight since the New Year.

I'd recommend really taking it easy at first and making sure you're having fun with the exercise. One of the worst things I can think of is pushing yourself too hard too fast and then losing the will to carry on.

Kinect Adventures is a quite a lot of fun and will exercise you quite a lot without you realising.

For a more serious fitness game I'd recommend EA Sports Active 2 over Yourshape (although Yourshape is still really good). The 9 week program really pushes you to keep going and has great pacing. I've only 3 sessions to go and I've lost a lot of weight and feel much better for it. There are some good deals around for this as well atm. If you do try this I'd recommend doing it on easy to start with as you can always crank it up after a few weeks if you're finding it too easy.
Hi Sparky, welcome to the forums

You're never too old for video games. Big Grin

Kinect Sports is fun and will get you sweating so it's really good. For fitness/exercise based game, I use Your Shape. It's really good.
(04-20-2011 08:17 AM)Emersun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Sparky,
You are going for weight loss and having protein shakes? I think with protein shakes you will gain weight.
What type of games you like to play? As you don't like exercise so focus on your diet and eat raw food and drink enough water.
Adventures and your fitness so far, I have lost 12 pounds as of 4/18 2011. I drink 2 to 4 protein shakes a day and eat one small meal for dinner and take multivitamins.
Reference URL's