Kinect FORUM

Full Version: Calendar...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw that the calendar (the one in the forum) is disabled, is it broken ?

It would be great to have a calendar with the release date of games (with a link to the list of games), events (such as E3 and KS Nations Event), news, sales, and perhaps the anniversary of members (or not). For games or events that have no specific date, they may appear inside a space below the calendar (June would appear in the month of June, spring would appear within 3 months of spring, and so on).

This one looks great : http://www.easyphpcalendar.com/demo.php (the MyBB one is quite limited)

If it is a matter of time to manage it, I can offer my time Wink
Great idea! Big Grin

I've enabled the calendar so you may be able to play around with it a bit. We do not plan on purchasing calendar scripts, as I think there are plenty alternatives out there that are free (but haven't looked into that yet).

Your offer (of time) is most appreciated. Feel free to manage the calendar: we could use the help!

Let me know what you feel the MyBB calendar is lacking, so maybe we can see if we can come up with a better (/free) alternative.
Great, I will do some testing with the online demo of MyBB. At the same time I may be looking for free alternatives.
(04-14-2011 12:24 AM)legreffer Wrote: [ -> ]Great, I will do some testing with the online demo of MyBB. At the same time I may be looking for free alternatives.

How are you going to do this? Put games on the dates they are supposed to be release on the calendar? If so, cool!!!!

I just clicked on the link and how cool is that calendar. Wow..if you can implement that over here. Great!!!!
(04-16-2011 04:29 PM)meistroracer Wrote: [ -> ]How are you going to do this? Put games on the dates they are supposed to be release on the calendar? If so, cool!!!!

I just clicked on the link and how cool is that calendar. Wow..if you can implement that over here. Great!!!!

Thanks Meistroracer.

Yeah easyphpcalendar looks good, but as Clemens stated this solution isn't free, so we are working on the built-in calendar (which may need some scripting) and other free alternatives. I think we can do pretty much everything what easyphp is offering. We're working hard on this to come up with something very cool.

You can check this test in the built-in calendar : https://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/event-1.html

Any ideas / suggestions is welcome Wink
Reference URL's