123 Kinect FORUM

Full Version: Blackwater - Will It Be Fun?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just saw the gameplay video for Blackwater and noticed that is confirmed on rails. The whole concept looks interesting and I like how there are different routes to choose from but I was wandering If maybe it will get to repetitive in a short amount of time. (Due to the fact its on rails)

I must admit, it still looks fun and I like how you hold the gun and how you switch through four (I think) different characters throughout the game but maybe it might get a little old... Confused
It depends if you like games like Virtua Cop, or Time Crisis since it's got the cover system. (More advanced system than Time Crisis' though obviously.) I love lightgun games and wish there were more on the Xbox 360 so as long as it plays well and is challenging I'll definitely get it. Don't expect an in-depth FPS game like Halo or anything like that as it's not that sort of game. (Other than aiming and shooting, lol! Although this game actually has auto-fire, although it's intelligent auto-fire.)
(06-19-2011 09:21 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote: [ -> ]It depends if you like games like Virtua Cop, or Time Crisis since it's got the cover system. (More advanced system than Time Crisis' though obviously.) I love lightgun games and wish there were more on the Xbox 360 so as long as it plays well and is challenging I'll definitely get it. Don't expect an in-depth FPS game like Halo or anything like that as it's not that sort of game. (Other than aiming and shooting, lol! Although this game actually has auto-fire, although it's intelligent auto-fire.)

Maybe I might get it. Not to sure though...
I don't know about this one. Part of me says it looks like it could be amazingly good fun, but another part of me says that it's going to get REALLY old, REALLY fast. I hope that isn't the case.
(06-19-2011 06:45 PM)Tomface Wrote: [ -> ]I just saw the gameplay video for Blackwater and noticed that is confirmed on rails. The whole concept looks interesting and I like how there are different routes to choose from but I was wandering If maybe it will get to repetitive in a short amount of time. (Due to the fact its on rails)

I must admit, it still looks fun and I like how you hold the gun and how you switch through four (I think) different characters throughout the game but maybe it might get a little old... Confused

Yes, could definitely get old soon to some, but I think it's a great game for people that are into achievements, leaderboards and stats. This latter group will probably be playing this game endlessly. Also, the immersion looks to be pretty well done, which hopefully makes playing this game less repetitive too. There were also certain ' events ' in the game that could come out of nowhere, but I'm not sure if these are scripted or random. If they turn out to be random, then that would be bad for those into stats, but good for those that want variety in their gameplay.
Check out what Zombie Studios (Blackwater's developers) also make, they already know a lot about immersive full-body "games":

http://www.zombie.com/serious.html

Hopefully Blackwater will be good but if they make more Kinect games they could potentially be AWESOME! Big Grin(What's odd though is that I couldn't find Blackwater on their website or even at any online shops in the UK or American ones. Undecided)
(06-20-2011 08:35 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote: [ -> ]What's odd though is that I couldn't find Blackwater on their website or even at any online shops in the UK or American ones. Undecided

Maybe because of the controversy!?
(06-20-2011 10:14 PM)legreffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2011 08:35 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote: [ -> ]What's odd though is that I couldn't find Blackwater on their website or even at any online shops in the UK or American ones. Undecided

Maybe because of the controversy!?

Maybe. I'm in 2 minds about the controversy though since although the group (or at least members of the group) do seem to have committed crimes it's not the purpose of the group at the end of the day and it's not in the game as you're just killing terrorists not killing, or committing any other crimes against, innocent people! Whereas (as was actually pointed out in the comments of that article) in games like GTA you're actually playing criminals commiting serious crimes which I think is a lot worse which is why I don't buy games like that. (Well, except for Bonanza Bros but even then Sega were obviously a bit concerned about you playing burglars so they made all your attacks non-lethal, they just knocked people over for a few seconds.) I wouldn't be bothered if they decided to call Blackwater something else to try to avoid the controversy though.
Blackwater is sounding better and better! Big Grin

Quote:Grenades work similarly: you leave your shooting hand pointed out in front and use your other arm to lob munitions forward.

Quote:The title will ship with 15 missions on the disc, which the studio envisages should take around 20 hours to complete.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6320841/bla...ok-preview

I hope the missions are split into levels and the game saves after each level since each mission must be on average over an hour long which would be pretty exhausting if played non-stop all in one go, lol! (I'm pretty sure the missions are split into levels though since the E3 demo was about 7 minutes long.)
Reference URL's