123 Kinect FORUM

Full Version: Depth Hunter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a new game called Depth Hunter that's out on the PC now (but non-Kinect, it supports the Razer Hydra controllers instead) and will be coming out as a "Better With Kinect" game on the Xbox 360 on XBLA as the developer Biart is currently closing a deal with a publisher for the Xbox 360 version. The PC version includes 3D but I don't know if the Xbox 360 version will too. It's an underwater spearfishing game, which doesn't sound too exiting but it says players will also have to "fight predators, can find treasures and get the possibility to take underwater photos to capture the beauty of the simulated, detailed and lively underwater worlds they’re exploring also in a free mode" and apparently it's getting good reviews. Here's more info about it:

Quote:Depth Hunter offers 25 exciting missions in which players will hunt different fish species and face the difficulties of breath-holding spearfishing, an ancient fishing method. Players will also have to fight predators, can find treasures and get the possibility to take underwater photos to capture the beauty of the simulated, detailed and lively underwater worlds they’re exploring also in a free mode. The game supports motion controllers, such as the Razer™ Hydra® system.

Spearfishing and Underwater Hunting are ancient fishing and hunting methods, used to catch fish and shellfish by using a mechanical harpoon. Today, spearfishing is a sports activity in many countries around the world, especially in the UK, around the Mediterranean Sea and in South America. Spearfishers hunt while diving apnoea, holding their breath, so have to coordinate their energy carefully while monitoring their prey, especially in tactically challenging hunting situations.

Game is optimized for Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge (Intel Integrated Graphics),

You can enjoy game in 3D with NVIDIA® 3D Vision,

Home / VIDEO GAMES / DEPTH HUNTER
DEPTH HUNTER

Retail PC rights available for North America and some Eastern Europe territories.
We are ready to discuss publishing deals for Playstation 3 (with Move) and Xbox 360.

Desura Digital Distribution

Download mirror for DEMO - http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/95631/d...emo-for-pc

Features:
• 25 different tasks;
• Spearfishing mode;
• Underwater photo mode;
• Treasures hunting mode;
• Free mode – explore levels;
• 3D mode with NVIDIA® 3D VISION;
• Motion controllers support - Razer Hydra®, Playstation Move®. (Biart haven't updated the features list to include Kinect yet but they have confirmed that it's a Kinect game too.)

Here's a link to the news:

http://www.xblafans.com/biart-closing-de...39849.html

Here are a few quotes from the developer about the Kinect version:

Quote:Yes. We are close to sign a deal. Discussing now version of Depth Hunter with Kinect.
Quote:It will be XBLA release. It's early now to talk about dates, but I will post news, when have them.
Quote:better with Kinect. We have brilliant ideas how to use Kinect features Wink

Here's a trailer (which for some reason doesn't really tell you much about the game):

And here's a first impression of the PC version:

Here's a trailer of Biart's other XBLA game Deep Black and a video of them using the Razer Hydra on the PC version. It looks really good, especially for an XBLA game! (The videos are of the PC version but I doubt the Xbox 360 version will look much different, just lower resolution and slightly lower quality textures probably, plus I also meant that it looked like a good game not just graphics.) Since the PC version will support the Razer Hydra I'm hoping the Xbox 360 version will support Kinect so I've asked them. (No reply yet because I've only just asked a minute ago.)

By the way, the Razer Hydra is what I think the next-gen Xbox's joypads might be like. So imagine them combined with Kinect 2 as well! (For those who don't know the Razer Hydra is 2 controllers, 1 for each hand, that are like a Wiimote/Move Wand & Nunchuk/Navigation Controller combined except they have cables rather than being wireless.)
I got a reply about Deep Black, unfortunately it won't have Kinect support as they didn't have time to implement it. Sad At least Depth Hunter has though and maybe some other future games from them will since they've had some experience developing for it now.
Depth Hunter (and the XBLA but non-Kinect game Deep Black) will be at the Game Developers Conference in March and here are 2 announcements about it. I'm not sure if the Xbox 360 versions will be shown, although the first announcement suggests they might, but hopefully there will at least be more information about them like price and release date and hopefully info about Depth Hunter's Kinect controls too. (If it isn't demoed with Kinect anyway, which I hope it is!)

Quote:Let's meet at GDC 2012!

What we have? Two cross-platform free-to-play games. First one is mobile game with xbla/psn/pc clients.
And we are ready to give more details about Deep Black Online (client based).

Also we are ready to discuss Depth Hunter for PS3, Xbox 360, iOS, Android.

Quote:You are welcome to attend a presentation held by Intel and Biart companies at GDC on 7-9 March, 2012:

"Optimizing Deep Black: Reloaded and Depth Hunter for Intel® HD
Graphics and Ultrabooks™ with Intel GPA."

Speakers - Philipp Gerasimov (Intel) and Konstantin Popov (Biart).
We are looking forward to seeing you at Intel booth!

7 March - 5 pm
8 March - 1.30 pm
9 March - 10.30 am

Also Depth Hunter's features list has now been updated to include Kinect, so it's definitely confirmed:

Quote:Features:
• 25 different tasks;
• Spearfishing mode;
• Underwater photo mode;
• Treasures hunting mode;
• Free mode – explore levels;
• 3D mode with NVIDIA® 3D VISION;
• Motion controllers support - Razer Hydra®, Playstation Move® Microsoft Kinect®

http://www.biart7.com/index.php
Review of the PC version (8 out of 10):

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/article-3...ws-PC.html

They're planning on announcing the release date of the Xbox 360 version in March. I'm presuming that means it will be announced at the GDC.
No new news on the Xbox 360/Kinect version of Depth Hunter yet unfortunately but the non-Kinect game Deep Black: Episode 1 (they're splitting it in 2 parts for the XBLA release) by the same developer is out on XBLA on April 25th for 800msp:

http://majornelson.com/2012/04/17/conten...etplace-7/
Reference URL's