Kinect Community Forums

Full Version: EA Sports Active 2 vs. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved Online!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The advancement of these games is amazing to me still, but both quality fitness programs offer online functionality. If you are on the fence between either one, maybe the online portion will help you decide. Here's the screenshots of what each has:

EA Sports Active 2

The first image is just your summary of what you have done and your stats.
[Image: easa1.jpg]

The image below is a graph bar representation of one of the category icons you see. It defaults to calories, but you can track your heart weight, how many miles you have walked/ran, etc. All kinds of stuff. It's very indepth.
[Image: easa2.jpg]

I added this image because this is the calendar view. It's up to date and tells you a detailed schedule of when you should work out. If you miss a workout, it makes you take a makeup working on a different day, from what I gathered. I haven't tested it yet. You can even go further in detail and see how long the workout is for that day.
[Image: easa3.jpg]

This one is basically just your weekly/monthly goals. Not sure what happens when you reach your goals.
[Image: easa4.jpg]

This is the current program I am in. As of right now, there is a 9 week program and a 3 week program. I am guessing EA will offer more programs available via DLC.
[Image: easa5.jpg]

I thought this was interesting, not only does the game allow 2 player simulataneous workout, you can workout together with other groups around the world. Unfortunately Your Shape is more for individuals and competitors as you'll see below. So whether you are a loner or a groupie, that may decide for you.
[Image: easa6.jpg]

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved

Summary screen, pretty standard.
[Image: ys1i.jpg]

This is the leaderboard, this is where I feel YS is more competitive than EA.
[Image: ys2n.jpg]

You can also set your own goals in this one. If you want to burn 100 calories this week, you can add it.
[Image: ys3s.jpg]

This part I found interesting. Somehow they are making an app that ties into YS for iPhone and iPad. What I am gathering is, if you go on a real jog or what not, you can use the app on your iPhone and it will track you and combine it into the game. Kind of neat stuff!
[Image: ys4.jpg]

So that's the jist of it. Hopefully that will also help you decide if you are on the fence about what fitness game to get! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Also just a note, for the facebook junkies - there is an option to have each game automatically post your progress on facebook. I think YS even does twitter...they are very involved online.
Wow this looks awesome. These pics would look great in the reviews Big Grin... I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Great post though. Which one do you feel motivates you the most to get into action? (in terms of online availabilities) I guess that's the most interesting part of it all.. not just sharing, but also caring (and finding friends to share your goals with etc).
Well I choose EA only because the wife doesn't want to work out alone. If I'm doing it with her, then she'll workout. If she feels she's being watched by me or the kids, then she won't do it. So it motivates me more to work out with her and not hate video games so much (she accuses me of having an affair with my xbox) TongueRelated to the online stuff, really neither one I am interested in. I don't really compete/play online with other people, and the games do give you all the stats you see online, so it's a 50/50 to me. To other people, one of these might be really important Smile
Well, having an affair with your xbox beats one with another woman I s'pose? Big Grin

hehe, anyways... good to know EA sports active enables your wife (and you) to enjoy gaming (and working out). Hopefully she'll be super excited about G's one day, making her wanna do non-Kinect games too, hehe... Big Grin
The fact that Your Shape is releasing an app for iPhones seals the deal for me. I wish more companies did this. Ahem...Rare. Smile
Yeah that is pretty sweet. Let us know how it works when you get it, from what I read its supposed to use the iPhones gyroscope or whatever it is, to tell when you are running or doing whatever. I think that's just awesome TongueBut I don't have an iphone.
(11-18-2010 02:37 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that is pretty sweet. Let us know how it works when you get it, from what I read its supposed to use the iPhones gyroscope or whatever it is, to tell when you are running or doing whatever. I think that's just awesome TongueBut I don't have an iphone.

I bet you're right. Nike has an app that does the same thing. I won't end up probably getting the game until Christmas, but I'll for sure let you guys know once I get the app. I'll keep my eye on the App Store for it.
(11-18-2010 01:03 AM)Clemens Wrote: [ -> ]Well, having an affair with your xbox beats one with another woman I s'pose? Big Grin

hehe, anyways... good to know EA sports active enables your wife (and you) to enjoy gaming (and working out). Hopefully she'll be super excited about G's one day, making her wanna do non-Kinect games too, hehe... Big Grin

LOL very true! Anything I can do to get them to play nice together works for me lolol
(11-18-2010 02:51 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2010 01:03 AM)Clemens Wrote: [ -> ]Well, having an affair with your xbox beats one with another woman I s'pose? Big Grin

LOL very true! Anything I can do to get them to play nice together works for me lolol

This. So far I've only got my wife to play table tennis on KS. It was great seeing the smile on her face while playing.
Mine hates table tennis - but if you get one of the fitness games, make sure she doesn't take offense to it. I had to pull the "it's for me", "No I don't think your fat" routine lol
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's