Kinect FORUM

Full Version: The Sims: Kinect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just imagine it for a second, it could actually work out pretty good, especially with the combination of motion control and voice control, you could actually feel like the God the game descriptions make you out to be!
That would be pretty amazing. They could also add mini games (Like pool table for example)
I think someone just had his million dollar idea: This would be awesome, and fit the audience very well!
Oh my god, it would be awesome! Imagine the slogan, "With Sims 3 for Kinect, you're not just the controller, you are Sims god!" Or something like that!
Someone should make a sims for kinect it would be like a virtual world, so cool!!!Idea
(just merged the two threads Smile)
I would love a game to implement voice as the primary controller. I think it would work great for Sims.

Pay the bills! Serve breakfast! Go to work! Water the garden!! Make out with the maid!
Someone is already working on Kinect controls for Quake and Minecraft on open-source. Why not The Sims?! Smile

Someone in the open-source community is going to come out with software where people can map/bind gestures to game controls. My online MMO controlled via Kinect may become a reality. Maybe VERY soon!
It would take Maxis/EA eons to get this to work. They were working on Spore for 8 years; this is way more complex and time consuming. With that said, I'd TOTALLY love a Sims Kinect game! Even if it cost $100!
It'd be awesome! For example, when your sim cooks, you'd have to do a stirring motion with your arm n stuff ^^
Not a big SIMS fan, though I've toyed around with the games a bit. I can however see this being a huge success if done well.
(12-07-2010 08:16 PM)ambushbug Wrote: [ -> ]Not a big SIMS fan, though I've toyed around with the games a bit. I can however see this being a huge success if done well.

Do you think you would pick it up if they do it right? Because in my view this is one of the best applications for Kinect, but I'm not sure if I'd buy it...
(12-08-2010 08:38 AM)Clemens Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2010 08:16 PM)ambushbug Wrote: [ -> ]Not a big SIMS fan, though I've toyed around with the games a bit. I can however see this being a huge success if done well.

Do you think you would pick it up if they do it right? Because in my view this is one of the best applications for Kinect, but I'm not sure if I'd buy it...
Possibly. Me and my fiancee have toyed around with previous versions, but while we have enjoyed them somewhat we both came to the conclusion that we had enough stress in our life without more simulated stress. So doubtful, but never say never I guess.
imagine that walking around opening doors ITS LIKE ANOTHER LIFE
...and it could be happening soon...
Reference URL's