Kinect FORUM

Full Version: First to experience Kinect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From Kyle on 123Kinects news page:

First time commentor, long time reader...you have a very nice site, thanks for all the work you put into it.

I just wanted to say I was lucky enough to win a Kinect bundle and it arrived today Nov. 3 so I got a chance to play with it a bit sooner than most others that have to wait for Nov. 4 or at least until midnight if they're going to one of those events. Sad part is, the Kinect Adventures game is missing from my bundle Sadso I haven't been able to do much besides navigate the menus so I can't comment much on my experience yet. But the Kinect Hub and voice recognition work very well (which are both pretty cool btw, though a bit slower than using a controller but way more fun than a controller SmileFrom reading other peoples and journalists reviews I worried that using the "natural human interface" was going to be pretty slow to the point of being annoying, but I didn't find it that slow at all and it felt quite natural really (go figure...a natural human interface feeling "natural"...I would never have guessed...... SmileIn fact there were a couple times in which I selected things too quickly and had to back up, but maybe I'm just a slow person lol. Anyway I can't wait to try it more, especially with a game.

It might be a bit too early to predict but depending on consumer response and adaption and on the quality and types of games and support by MS and third party developers, November 4th could come to be known as July 4th is known in the USA to be Independance Day, but instead Controller Independance Day!
I was the first to get it in my area, at Gamestop this morning in Atlanta, GA. I've only had time to play for about 15 minutes, but I can already see the vast potential that Kinect has. Kinect Adventures is pretty fun. I'm gonna get Kinect Sports later today. So far, and again, just my first impression....Microsoft Kinect=Win.
(11-04-2010 03:47 PM)briankeith513@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]I was the first to get it in my area, at Gamestop this morning in Atlanta, GA. I've only had time to play for about 15 minutes, but I can already see the vast potential that Kinect has. Kinect Adventures is pretty fun. I'm gonna get Kinect Sports later today. So far, and again, just my first impression....Microsoft Kinect=Win.

Thanks for sharing!! Big GrinLooking forward to your more extensive version :O Smilehope you'll like the games!
Okay, I got my device at launch party last night. Did all the fine tuning of the kinect and then played Adventures for a few minutes and it was great. Then one of the other users here, UnwaryCargo (gamertag), and I did a video chat. It was awesome how the camera followed me and zoomed in and out the reflect where I was. My image was grainy but his wasn't. I think I need more lighting in my living room to fix this, which luckily I'm having a light installed in a couple months.

This morning I started playing River rush and then had my 4 year old daughter jump in with me. Sure enough the game put a female character on the screen and she was having a blast. She wasn't very good at it, but loved that the avatar did everything she did.

I have to do some research on commands and stuff but I don't think you can turn on/off the kinect and xbox by waving at it. I had to physycally turn my xbox on and off. The kinect doesn't work for netflix which totally blows. I haven't tried dvds yet, but I'm guessing the kinect only works on Zune. Really!? Who uses Zune? Not me, Netflix is the best. So here's hoping they incorporate it.

Just picked up 6 games from Target this morning on my way to work, so I will try them tonight when I get off. Man, I can't wait for 5pm to come around.

Anyone on the sidelines? You need to get this. It is incredible.
Oh stop teasing us here in England, we have to wait another 6 days yet, glad to see some thumbs up for it though because I've seen a lot of negativity from people pre release.
Picked my out of the rain and put it inside my house at lunch today after getting the text that it had been delivered. (It was put into a plastic protected baggie by the nice fedex man). Unboxed it, put it on top of the tv, and....
had to put it back away and return to work, but I am leaving soon to unbox it, and leave it out this time!
(11-04-2010 09:48 PM)C0d3_W4rr10r Wrote: [ -> ]Picked my out of the rain and put it inside my house at lunch today after getting the text that it had been delivered. (It was put into a plastic protected baggie by the nice fedex man). Unboxed it, put it on top of the tv, and....
had to put it back away and return to work, but I am leaving soon to unbox it, and leave it out this time!

ARGH so close Big Grin
Reference URL's