Kinect Bundle: Kung-Fu & Air Guitar Warrior + 50% Off!
Independent Kinect developer Virtual Air Guitar Company has released yet another Kinect bundle for Xbox One called Kinect Bundle: Kung-Fu & Air Guitar. It’s available to download on Xbox Live and is normally priced at £27.99 (UK) / €34.99 (EU) / $34.99 (US), but for this weekend it’s on sale with 50% off at £14.00 (UK) / €17.50 (EU) / $17.50 (US).
This is a fantastic deal and I can highly recommend Kinect Bundle: Kung-Fu & Air Guitar as the two AV (augmented virtuality) games happen to be among the best Kinect 2 games available! You can read a review of the Xbox 360 version of Kung-Fu For Kinect, called Kung-Fu High Impact, by clicking HERE and a review of Air Guitar Warrior For Kinect by clicking HERE.
You can read more about the games below:
Kung-Fu For Kinect
Punching air has never felt this good! Kung-Fu for Kinect takes the player’s own video image and puts it inside a 2D fighting adventure. The player fights comic-book villains with real kicks and punches. During cutscenes, Kinect takes snapshots of the player’s poses, giving the player the lead role in their own animated comic book. As with the company’s previous games, Kung-Fu has been designed with daily physical activity in mind. Exercise is one of the big reasons why we make motion games. We want to provide both kids and adults with games that are enjoyable on their own, but also keeps them up and active.
Kung-Fu for Kinect is based on Virtual Air Guitar’s 2011 Xbox 360 game Kung-Fu High Impact. “We’ve received a lot of requests to bring Kung-Fu to Xbox One. We can now answer the popular demand, thanks to great leaps in game development tools, such as Unity® software. We can offer something for new players and old fans alike”, says Aki Kanerva, Founder and Lead Designer at Virtual Air Guitar Company. “This new version has been reprogrammed from scratch using Unity, so we have new cool features like new game modes, more enemies on screen and ragdoll physics that react to your attacks.”
- Step inside the game and turn yourself into a kung-fu hero!
- Use your own moves to punch and kick your way through comic-book villains!
- Leap through the air, conjure lightning and shoot flaming arrows!
- Star in your own kung-fu comic book!
- Story mode with 22 levels!
- 9 replayable challenges for daily fun!
Air Guitar Warrior For Kinect
Air Guitar Warrior is part music game, part scrolling shooter and full of rock attitude. Players will wield air guitars that double as weapons on a quest to find a legendary sword-guitar and challenge Heavy Metal Zeus at the top of the Temple of the Rock Gods.
Back in 2006, three university students wanted to build an air guitar game that would make rock stars out of everyone. Virtual Air Guitar Company was founded… yet disaster struck its first project, and it was never released. Now, after 11 years and 11 games, we’ve finally released a game with air guitars in it!
- 50 hand-painted levels, ranging from post-apocalyptic ruins to the pits of pandemonium
- 21 vehicles including dinosaurs, sharks with lasers, tigers and jet-powered crocodiles, featuring different gameplay for flying and ground vehicles
- 13 giant bosses
- 8 guitar weapons, each with 5 tactical fire modes
- 10 album covers that you can star in
- Full custom soundtrack by Mika Tyyskä / Mr. Fastfinger and Samppa Siurala with 19 tracks ranging from classic rock to heavy metal
- The guitar responds to your playing – choose slow or fast, rhythm or lead, or bend backwards to trigger destructive rapid fire
- Scroll direction can be changed to support both right-handed and left-handed playing
Are you interested in this bargain bundle or have you got the games already? Let us know in the comments below, or you can create a discussion in our Kinect 2 Games Forum. You can also post your own review in our Kinect 2 Game Reviews Forum.