We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kinect at Los Angeles Auto Show 2012

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2012, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 05:26 AM by dirtyvu.)
I was walking around the auto booths at the Los Angeles Auto Show 2012 and saw some interactive demos, using the Xbox 360 Kinect system. I don't know if there were more since I kind of ran out of time (the show is HUGE!) and didn't get to explore too many booths.

This was Toyota making an interactive video game with the Toyota Prius. This was the best of the ones I saw. You can interact and look around the car and the cockpit. You had to run to the car. And you can drive the Prius in a little video game.

[Image: zk3djp.jpg]

[Image: 24ywb46.jpg]

[Image: 2z65gck.jpg]

This was Kia Motors using it to interactively try out some features of their cars. Unfortunately, they stuck on the crummy Nyko attachment which ruined it, and they stuck it near the floor. I kind of messed him up by stepping in view of the Kinect. Sorry about that. Tongue

[Image: 2w6gxi0.jpg]

[Image: 2s94pvs.jpg]

Here was the Range Rover interactive display.

[Image: 2gtw6mu.jpg]

[Image: vr4g8l.jpg]

[Image: 142y3d2.jpg]

[Image: 35009dh.jpg]

[Image: xbl_image.php?gamertag=onlysublime]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Question RE: Kinect at E3 Los Angeles Auto Shows 2012
Do you know whether the game was just for their shows or if they're releasing it commercially? (XBLA maybe?)
12-06-2012, 03:37 AM
RE: Kinect at E3 Los Angeles Auto Shows 2012
I think it's just for auto shows. I should've checked out the Nissan booth closer. I remember an article that highlighted Nissan and its use of the Kinect.

Maybe the Toyota game can be one of those free ad games that pop up on the dashboard. One of those things to promote the Prius but not good enough for people to buy it.

[Image: xbl_image.php?gamertag=onlysublime]
12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
RE: Kinect at E3 Los Angeles Auto Shows 2012
(12-06-2012 03:37 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I think it's just for auto shows. I should've checked out the Nissan booth closer. I remember an article that highlighted Nissan and its use of the Kinect.

Maybe the Toyota game can be one of those free ad games that pop up on the dashboard. One of those things to promote the Prius but not good enough for people to buy it.

Oh yeah, like that free Yaris game? That was made by Toyota too so maybe they will do that with this game as well.
10-10-2013, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 09:21 AM by chenxuanyue.)
RE: Kinect at Los Angeles Auto Show 2012
I should've checked out the Nissan booth closer.
01-30-2014, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 07:12 AM by DonnaPotter.)
RE: Kinect at Los Angeles Auto Show 2012
Toyota has implemented a very good concept and it will gain more customers with this innovative idea.