We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / /

Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout Kinect Review

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-07-2010, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 08:31 PM by Clemens.)
Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFw5lgEoiI97hd05ruW_B...Kgq8LumFco]
  • Official site http://www.biggestloserthegame.com/
  • Developer: Blitz Games
  • Genre: Fitness
  • Alternative game name: N/A
  • Modes: Free Play
  • Players: 2
  • Online Features: Achievements, Content Download, Online Multiplayer, Voice, Xbox LIVE Family Settings
  • Kinect Features: Voice Enabled
  • Kinect Activity Level: Active
  • Uses avatars?: No
  • Age group: Everyone

Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - The good
  • The game mimics Your Shape technology by incorporating your whole body as a shadow in the game, it is not as clear as Your Shape, but it works for the most part
  • This game is awesome for people that are really overweight and that's what it's really intended for
  • Has a lot of different excercises including floor and jogging/running
  • Does a video diary in kinect quality, but overall not bad

Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - The not so good
  • If you are just looking to stay in shape and are already fit, this may not be the game for you - it throws out a lot of basic excercises that fit people can do no problem, but overweight people would have an issue with and it let's you proceed if you are doing something wrong, whereas Your Shape and EASA basically stop until you do it right
  • Jillian and Bob look awful and voices were taken from the show and filtered, not actually recorded for the game
  • There's no upbeat music to workout with, it's more of mellow and laid back
  • The graphics are ok, with the subpar graphics its more dull

Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - Story
No story mode, but there is a personalized fitness mode or choose some pre-created fitness programs. I only seen the show once, but I am suprised the game is not like the show or even have it like the show. It has some features here and there, but true fans of the show will be disappointed.

Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - Kinect experience
Kinect works well with the game, probably due to putting your whole image in the game instead of just tracking points. The problem I ran into is with the floor excercises you need a lot of room especially if you are tall. Where EASA allows you to face the TV when doing floor excercises, this one makes you turn to the left or right and I have pretty long legs in a small area and it was very cramped, it did work for the most part however due to the lack of space.

Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - Graphics
The graphics are sub par, I would call it even with EASA 2, although EASA is a smidge better. Jillian and Bob look awful however.

Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - Gameplay
From my overall feel of the game, I apologize if anyone is offended, but a lot of the excercises are geared more towards overweight people. There are excercises involved that are very basic such as maintaining your balance, where it would be simple for fit people, but quite difficult if you are heavier. I feel this game would be awesome for those that want to be on the show, it starts you out very slow and basic, so you won't be killing yourself trying to keep up with these other types of fitness games.

It also allows you to do video diaries of your journey, more or less for your own journal, but it's kind of cool because a month later you can look back on your diaries and see exactly what you looked like before and now.

It does also have more advanced excercising later down the road, more than likely to keep you in shape after you lost all the weight. This comes to my review title, it isn't for everyone. If you are in shape and fit, and just want to keep in shape, you will only want this game if you like the show, as the advanced excercises are fine for the most part but it is normal basic stuff, cardio boxing, yoga, stretching, running/jogging, etc. But if you want all the normal stuff, I found Your Shape to be more enjoyable.

Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout - Multiplayer options
I didn't go into the multiplayer, however from what I looked at briefly, it does allow 2 player simulataneous people to workout. You can also compete on Xbox Live and have your own Biggest Loser contest, so there is some fun there if you want to workout with friends.

Conclusion
Overall it's not a bad game, but again I will re-iterate, it's not for everyone. I didn't find it as enjoyable as Your Shape or EASA 2 but it's not bad, it's really targeting a specific crowd and not everyone. Hope this review helps again!

More The Biggest Loser Ultimate workout
[news] [trailer] [achievements] [order game here]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2010, 04:37 PM
RE: [Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout] Review: Another one not for everyone. [7/10]
Good solid review again. I think that some people that want to loose weight with Kinect and are, as you very delicately put, a bit bigger than average could start with this game. Then advanced to the other titles like Your Shape: Fitness Evolved and EA Sports Active 2.0.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-13-2010, 04:53 PM
RE: [Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout] Review: Another one not for everyone. [7/10]
Thanks Clemens! Agreed! This game is a great starter game if you want/need to lose a lot of weight from the getgo.
07-12-2011, 05:25 PM
RE: Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout Kinect Review
No problem, that's what they are here for! Smile
12-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Prior to reading this review, I really wanted this game. Now I'm on the fence about it. =/

I do have a good chunk of weight to lose (I'm 245-250ish and want to eventually be at 120), but I can still do a good chunk of activity. I've done p90x (sadly stopped at around day 40) with no issues, so I'm afraid of the basic things being just too simple for my stubborn body. =/
12-26-2011, 08:29 PM
(12-26-2011 06:54 PM)Adorkable Wrote:  Prior to reading this review, I really wanted this game. Now I'm on the fence about it. =/

I do have a good chunk of weight to lose (I'm 245-250ish and want to eventually be at 120), but I can still do a good chunk of activity. I've done p90x (sadly stopped at around day 40) with no issues, so I'm afraid of the basic things being just too simple for my stubborn body. =/

I have it and I like it. I didn't agree with Zee's assessment. It has things the other workout games didn't have.

I find The Biggest Loser Ultimate workout as the most complete package because it has floor exercises, has online multiplayer, can involve use of equipment (like a fitness ball or weights) and has a complete calendar/diet program. Being able to exercise with friends is a major motivator to keep you going. But the graphics are basic and the UI is not good.

The most popular one (due to heavy Ubisoft/Microsoft promotion) is Your Shape Fitness Evolved and the sequel Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012. The first one looked great and had the cool boxing minigame. But it was kind of lacking in content in my opinion. Though it did have a lot of DLC to make up for lack of content. But even then, you still didn't have floor exercises like pushups or situps. The sequel added floor routines but still didn't add online multiplayer.

To me, EA Sports Active 2 (EASA2) is in-between The Biggest Loser and Your Shape in that it uses equipment and has floor exercises. But it still doesn't have online multiplayer.

The UFC one sounds interesting and if I was in the mood to get another exercise game, I'd give that a try.

[Image: xbl_image.php?gamertag=onlysublime]
02-06-2013, 06:10 AM
I give this game a 5. Your shape 2012 is better game to me. The problem with BL is the interface isn't made for kinect so the menus are tiny and it takes too long to get started working out.
04-04-2013, 01:38 AM
How can I access the video diary? Can I add weights? Can I change a fitness program once started? Tks!
06-11-2013, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2013 04:33 PM by jdti444.)
Good reliable view again now these conversation create a desire in my mind that play this game with full of passion..Dude if the person have no opponent then you arranged the opponent?
06-14-2013, 04:33 PM
(06-11-2013 03:51 PM)jdti444 Wrote:  Good reliable view again now these conversation create a desire in my mind that play this game with full of passion..Dude if the person have no opponent then you arranged the opponent?

Pallet Scales

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adrenalin Misfits Kinect Review TheZeeMan 5 11,541 04-24-2014 06:03 PM
Last Post: Cengetron
  Body And Brain Connection Kinect Review TheZeeMan 10 13,048 04-24-2014 06:02 PM
Last Post: Cengetron
  Dance Central Kinect Review 70x7brandnew 9 10,527 02-18-2014 02:14 PM
Last Post: turnerdaniel
Information Share YOUR review Clemens 1 18,417 05-04-2013 07:59 AM
Last Post: Liruri
  Motion Sports Kinect Review TheZeeMan 14 26,780 02-06-2013 06:14 AM
Last Post: PS3owner
Thumbs Up Michael Jackson: The Experience Kinect Review Corellianrogue 19 21,965 01-23-2013 12:43 AM
Last Post: neville1980