Ultimate Kinect Holiday Bundle Out Now + Extra 50% Off!
Independent Kinect developer Virtual Air Guitar Company has released a new Kinect bundle exclusively for Xbox One and just in time for Christmas. The Ultimate Kinect Holiday Bundle is an awesome bundle that includes Air Guitar Warrior, Beatsplosion, Boom Ball 2 and Kung-Fu For Kinect. It’s available to download on Xbox Live and is normally priced at £39.99 (UK) / €49.99 (EU) / $49.99 (US), but until January 6th it’s discounted by 40%, or 50% if you’re an Xbox Live Gold member, which I’m sure most of you are. So that’s only £23.99 or £20 with Gold (UK) / €29.99 or €25 with Gold (EU) / $29.99 or $25 with Gold (US), which is an incredible bargain!
The Ultimate Kinect Holiday Bundle is the best Kinect bundle yet which I absolutely recommend buying if you haven’t already got the games included in it as they are among the best Kinect 2 games available! You can read a review of the Xbox 360 version of Kung-Fu For Kinect, called Kung-Fu High Impact, by clicking HERE, a review of Air Guitar Warrior For Kinect by clicking HERE. and an in-depth first impressions article for Boom Ball 2 For Kinect by clicking HERE. There isn’t a review or first impressions article for Beatsplosion For Kinect as unfortunately I’m unable to play that game due to my health. But it has been well reviewed elsewhere.
You can also read more about the games included in the Ultimate Kinect Holiday Bundle below:
Air Guitar Warrior For Kinect
Air Guitar Warrior is part music game, part scrolling shooter and full of rock attitude. Players will wield air guitars that double as weapons on a quest to find a legendary sword-guitar and challenge Heavy Metal Zeus at the top of the Temple of the Rock Gods.
Back in 2006, three university students wanted to build an air guitar game that would make rock stars out of everyone. Virtual Air Guitar Company was founded… yet disaster struck its first project, and it was never released. Now, after 11 years and 11 games, we’ve finally released a game with air guitars in it!
- 50 hand-painted levels, ranging from post-apocalyptic ruins to the pits of pandemonium
- 21 vehicles including dinosaurs, sharks with lasers, tigers and jet-powered crocodiles, featuring different gameplay for flying and ground vehicles
- 13 giant bosses
- 8 guitar weapons, each with 5 tactical fire modes
- 10 album covers that you can star in
- Full custom soundtrack by Mika Tyyskä / Mr. Fastfinger and Samppa Siurala with 19 tracks ranging from classic rock to heavy metal
- The guitar responds to your playing – choose slow or fast, rhythm or lead, or bend backwards to trigger destructive rapid fire
- Scroll direction can be changed to support both right-handed and left-handed playing
Beatsplosion For Kinect
Beatsplosion uses Kinect for Xbox One to transport players into the crazy world of subatomic particles in search of a Unified Field Theory – by smashing everything into smithereens. Players will punch particles, dodge walls and jump over obstacles, all to the beat of music.
Beatsplosion started out as a game about smashing stuff. Because, well, who doesn’t like smashing stuff? The first key idea was to have satisfying physical reactions. When you hit a crystal pillar, it ‘splodes into tiny fragments that fly out based on your hand’s motion – upward, downward, forward, any direction you like. The harder you hit, the more they scatter! Every punch is unique, every crystal responds exactly to your hits. The next step was adding music so you weren’t just punching randomly, you were doing it in time to a beat. At higher tempos, things started to get rather sweat-inducing. That’s when it all clicked together: a rhythm game about smashing stuff where you get a great workout almost by accident. And did we mention the smashing yet?
- Rhythm and exercise game with Virtual Air Guitar’s signature Kinect control
- Punch particles in time to the beat! Dodge walls, jump over obstacles!
- Satisfying physical reactions!
- Get your sweat on! (Daily use may result in getting seriously fit.)
- Earn all 5 skill belts: tempos from 130 to 180 bpm, each with a variety of challenging levels
- Epic black belt challenge at the blazing speed of 200 bpm!
- Designed for daily exercise: 3-minute levels, 20-minute challenges and a weekly play time tracker
- Use leaderboards to see who’s the top ninja
Boom Ball 2 For Kinect
Boom Ball 2 is a light-hearted, full-body Kinect game about bouncing balls, breaking bricks and blowing stuff up using your awesome ping-pong skills. Go ballistic with Boom Ball!
- Throw balls, smash huge stacks of cubes!
- 2-player co-op – bring friends or family!
- Cute cubes, big bonuses and manic multiball mayhem!
- Guest starring a pirate, dragon, alien, snowman and… uh, some kind of rock elemental thingy (he’s cool though)!
- 50 brand-new levels!
- 5 beautiful locations: Tropical Paradise, Snowy Mountain, Crystal Caves, Cloud City and Space!
- Every level can be played with 1 or 2 players!
- This game is suitable for all ages, shapes and sizes, and may result in getting seriously fit.
Kung-Fu For Kinect
Punching air has never felt this good! Kung-Fu for Kinect takes the player’s own video image and puts it inside a 2D fighting adventure. The player fights comic-book villains with real kicks and punches. During cutscenes, Kinect takes snapshots of the player’s poses, giving the player the lead role in their own animated comic book. As with the company’s previous games, Kung-Fu has been designed with daily physical activity in mind. Exercise is one of the big reasons why we make motion games. We want to provide both kids and adults with games that are enjoyable on their own, but also keeps them up and active.
Kung-Fu for Kinect is based on Virtual Air Guitar’s 2011 Xbox 360 game Kung-Fu High Impact. “We’ve received a lot of requests to bring Kung-Fu to Xbox One. We can now answer the popular demand, thanks to great leaps in game development tools, such as Unity® software. We can offer something for new players and old fans alike”, says Aki Kanerva, Founder and Lead Designer at Virtual Air Guitar Company. “This new version has been reprogrammed from scratch using Unity, so we have new cool features like new game modes, more enemies on screen and ragdoll physics that react to your attacks.”
- Step inside the game and turn yourself into a kung-fu hero!
- Use your own moves to punch and kick your way through comic-book villains!
- Leap through the air, conjure lightning and shoot flaming arrows!
- Star in your own kung-fu comic book!
- Story mode with 22 levels!
- 9 replayable challenges for daily fun!
Will you be buying the amazing Ultimate Kinect Holiday Bundle, or have you got the games already? Let us know in the comments below, or you can create a discussion in our Kinect 2 Games Forum. You can also post your own review in our Kinect 2 Game Reviews Forum.