A patch has been released for D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die, the fully Kinect 2 supported murder mystery adventure game for Xbox One. Among many other things the patch improves D4’s already robust Kinect controls. You can read all the details of what’s included in the patch notes below, taken from Microsoft Studios Blog:
D4 Patch Notes
- Young’s stamina does not deplete as fast as it used to when investigating the past (during a Dive).
- Changed some food items in the airplane to help regain more stamina without the need to go to the shop and buy food.
- Made adjustments to parameter boosts on clothes so players don’t feel penalized by changing into clothes they were given or purchased.
- Added “change clothes now” feature at the shop so players can change clothes without the need to go to the closet.
- Added help text pop-up that explains how to change clothes when you first receive new clothes.
- Adjusted controller settings for a better user experience in action scenes when playing with the controller.
- Players do not need to release the A button to perform ‘Hold/Grab’ gestures in QTE’s and doing A+LR triggers will perform the gesture.
- Trigger input in QTEs will be recognized even if you don’t release the trigger.
- Adjusted diagonal input for the thumbsticks.
- Adjusted controller input for “follow the circle” interactio
- Adjusted controller input for rapidly moving the thunbsticks (i.e wake-up Young gesture).
Major improvements to Kinect including:
- Significantly improved seated lock-on for skeletal tracking. Lock-on is faster and more reliable.
- Improved hand state accuracy. Hand states (open/close/lasso) with front facing hands are more reliable.
- Improved seated reliability. More reliable when leaning back, close to other people etc.
- You can now say “Go to D4” at the Home menu to start the game.
- Edited the Kinect Safety Guide to help inform players about good Kinect placement and to face their palm to the sensor for better open/close hand state recognition.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed a potential progression blocker where you could not collect evidence (puzzle pieces) from Duncan if you triggered and didn’t finish the “collect red bottle” side quest.
- Fixed a potential progression blocker where the game enters a black screen and doesn’t come back when you are told to look at Kaysen’s Notebook PC in Episode 2.
- Fixed minor text typos and spacing issues in the UI.
All D4 DLC Released So Far Available For A Week
Since D4’s launch Access Games have been releasing free clothing and facial hair DLC every Wednesday and each DLC pack was only available for a limited time. If you missed any of it (possibly because you only just bought D4 in the Deals With Gold sale last week) then you’re in luck as this week, for 1 week only, all 16 DLC packs have been re-released. Here is all of the DLC currently available, simply click on each pic or title to go to the Xbox Store to download that DLC pack:
Crimson Dragon Clothing Set
Killer Instinct Clothing Set
Powerstar Golf Clothing Set
Fable Clothing Set
Gears of War Clothing Set
SPY FICTION Customize Pack
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Clothing
Beard Set 1
Super Time Force Clothing Set
Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin Clothing Set
Beard Set 2
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Clothing Set
Wind-up Knight 2 Clothing Set
Beard Set 3
Happy Wars Clothing Set
Beard Set 4
Source: Microsoft Studios Blog, Xbox Store Via: SWERY's Twitter