/ / v /

3d Game Character Movements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Whether for single player of multi-player games, this could work as far as movements. After playing Kinect Sports and Adventures, I don't see any reason they could not make dungeon craw games to work quite well.

Forward backward movements simple based on Kinect Adventured bubble game.
Move closer to sensor and walk/run in place to move foward.
Move away from sensor and walk/run in place to move backwards.
Side step by walking in place to the left or right.
Jump will be jump. Sneak will be walking hunched over.

Turning to look/move right or left:
Stand in place and pivot body right or left to turn in place.
While walking in place, turn body right or left to turn while walking.

Kinect Sports Boxing shows that fighting using different swings is easily possible in that you can stab low or high, swing a sword cross down or up. Kick forward or left or right for different kicks.

Where you can pause a game by holding left hand at 45 degrees out, use right hand at 45 degrees to get to your inventory.

To take out or holster weapons, hold both hands up. If weapon and shield is out, they will go away and if away, they will pop out. If you also do archery and have bow and arrows, putting both hands up will switch around from sword and shield to bow and arrows to holster weapons. Spell casters can have wands to filter through but I think voice commands are really needed for this area. Say the word "cast" and then the spell name such as "fire" or "Heal".

Sit on floor to rest up character faster.

Hold hand over interactable item to use such as open/close door or chest or to loot creature and take items.

Games will take a bit longer to play than with keyboards and mouse or controlers but I think this will be more fun and healthier. They could easily rehash old games to work on Kinect with gestures and using hands to point to responce choices.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Wipeout: The Game for kinect ... awesome!! jcxbox 7 818 03-23-2011 10:42 PM
Last Post: UndgnfiedWrshpr
  My game Idea nunubx 0 195 03-17-2011 10:01 PM
Last Post: nunubx
  Kinect Virtual World And Game Cover! TheLiveLegand 5 887 02-02-2011 04:50 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Table Top game board for kinect greegan_oxb 3 537 01-19-2011 07:24 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  1:1 Online Fighting Game 360 13 1,203 01-02-2011 02:59 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Kinect Spider man game Imaginary Gamer 1 785 12-24-2010 05:53 AM
Last Post: x360a spiderman

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)