Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another delayed release
01-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Sad RE: Another delayed release
(01-28-2011 01:48 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Alas, more delays unfortunately Sad

Fantastic Pets - April 12th
Child of Eden - June 14th

Child of Eden is delayed until JUNE???!!! AngryWhat's taking them so long? Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2011, 05:46 AM
RE: Another delayed release
Well, let's hope they are making like 2 versions...one for controller and one for full blown kinect....this is all hope! Tongue

[Image: TheZeeMan.png]
01-28-2011, 07:24 AM
(01-06-2011 11:25 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Michael Jackson: The Experience has been delayed again, this time until April 12th. SadThe only good news is that it has at least 2 exclusive songs, Blood On The Dancefloor and I Just Can't Stop Loving You. (Exclusive as in not in the Wii version, the PS3 version is also getting them but obviously the Xbox 360 Kinect version will be the best! Big Grin)

I GIVE UP

[Image: tumblr_lewefjYqV21qffkomo1_400.png]
!!GameTag"ZappyGetzOff10"!!
01-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Information RE: Another delayed release
(01-28-2011 05:46 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Well, let's hope they are making like 2 versions...one for controller and one for full blown kinect....this is all hope! Tongue

They're not making 2 versions, it's just 1 version developed as a Kinect game but with the option to play with Kinect or a joypad. Child Of Eden is basically the sequel to Rez so play that (it's available on XBLA as Rez HD) to get an idea of how it plays with a joypad. I think the main difference is that Rez is third-person whereas Child Of Eden is first-person. They're both "on-rails" though.
01-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Ok.....delays. Yes I understand all your frustration, but you have to come realize that this is a new technology that everyone is taking off guard. I am hoping these delays are improving the games and getting rid of bugs or glitches or whatever the case maybe. A WIN situation for us, if you ask me, but who asking me? SmileNO ONE!!! Sad(a little humor there)
01-28-2011, 03:52 PM
(01-28-2011 08:57 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  They're not making 2 versions, it's just 1 version developed as a Kinect game but with the option to play with Kinect or a joypad. Child Of Eden is basically the sequel to Rez so play that (it's available on XBLA as Rez HD) to get an idea of how it plays with a joypad. I think the main difference is that Rez is third-person whereas Child Of Eden is first-person. They're both "on-rails" though.

Sorry I meant 1 version with both options, however the cover still showed "Better with Kinect" so I think originally they weren't planning on utilizing a lot of kinect functionality where the controller would be used more than kinect, but maybe now they are....that's what I meant by 2 versions, like either you play it with controller only, or you can play it with kinect only...but not a hybrid like I think they originally planned.

[Image: TheZeeMan.png]
01-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Information RE: Another delayed release
(01-28-2011 03:52 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  
(01-28-2011 08:57 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  They're not making 2 versions, it's just 1 version developed as a Kinect game but with the option to play with Kinect or a joypad. Child Of Eden is basically the sequel to Rez so play that (it's available on XBLA as Rez HD) to get an idea of how it plays with a joypad. I think the main difference is that Rez is third-person whereas Child Of Eden is first-person. They're both "on-rails" though.

Sorry I meant 1 version with both options, however the cover still showed "Better with Kinect" so I think originally they weren't planning on utilizing a lot of kinect functionality where the controller would be used more than kinect, but maybe now they are....that's what I meant by 2 versions, like either you play it with controller only, or you can play it with kinect only...but not a hybrid like I think they originally planned.

It was never a hybrid game, it was always designed as a Kinect game but because of the nature of the game (fairly simplistic controls, you just move the cursor around the screen and shoot with either regular fire or lock-on plus "smart bombs") they obviously decided to make it joypad optional too, it just really will be "better with Kinect" because it'll be more immersive playing it that way. Plus they can get even more sales making it joypad control optional obviously.

I was going to say since this is delayed they should at least patch Rez HD to use Kinect but then I remembered that although Child Of Eden is being made by Tetsuya Mizuguchi and his Q Entertainment it's being published by Ubisoft wheareas Rez HD is a Sega game so Tetsuya Mizuguchi doesn't have any say over Rez anymore, doh! (Although of course Sega could still patch Rez HD anyway if they wanted to.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Brunswich Pro Bowling Release date meistroracer 8 276 01-23-2011 06:39 PM
Last Post: meistroracer

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!