/ / v /

Audio controls with Netflix/ microphone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Audio controls with Netflix/ microphone:

I'm wondering Confused if theres some way to eith mod a connect or buy some adapter to extend the built in mic away from the tv sound system, I constantly find myself yelling at my xbox to pause and it still not working because either my fan is pointing at it weird or the tv volume is just to loud(if its too loud your too old :coolSmile

Would be nice to extend the mic via a cord and have it alot closer to the seating area thats across the room (big tvAngel). Thanks in advance for any advice or fellow rants.

P.S>- Welcome me to the forum!Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: Audio controls with Netflix/ microphone
(05-26-2012 10:12 PM)Mikerush76 Wrote:  Audio controls with Netflix/ microphone:

I'm wondering Confused if theres some way to eith mod a connect or buy some adapter to extend the built in mic away from the tv sound system, I constantly find myself yelling at my xbox to pause and it still not working because either my fan is pointing at it weird or the tv volume is just to loud(if its too loud your too old :coolSmile

Would be nice to extend the mic via a cord and have it alot closer to the seating area thats across the room (big tvAngel). Thanks in advance for any advice or fellow rants.

P.S>- Welcome me to the forum!Smile

welcome! Smile

you can use a USB extension cord and that way, you can have your kinect near you if you're only going to use it for voice control. then move it back to the right location for gaming. don't forget that the mics are on the underbody of the Kinect so if you can get the mics at the level of your head or above it, that'd help out.

the FAQ thread has more information on USB extension as well as the Kinect setup do's and don't thread.

don't forget to calibrate your audio AT THE SAME LEVEL that you play your TV volume. some people think that you just crank up your TV as loud as possible when calibrating when that's not the case.

technically, the kinect should not be moved around regularly. every time you change the location of the kinect, you're supposed to recalibrate it. and that includes the basic calibration, the calibration with the smiley face card, and the audio calibration.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
05-27-2012, 02:22 AM
RE: Audio controls with Netflix/ microphone
Thanks for the very detailed reply, very informative especially about mic placement, but lets hope they think about this if they release another and put a microphone jack on it I may buy anotherone a tear it apart and see if I cant make my own modded. TY

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect audio tuner ominator87 9 990 04-17-2012 11:37 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Kinect Tuner: Tracking and Audio legreffer 2 10,025 02-16-2011 07:36 PM
Last Post: UndgnfiedWrshpr
  Watching Netflix with friends & chatting? UndgnfiedWrshpr 9 5,684 01-13-2011 12:08 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Sensor microphone doesn't register sound from TV RODMAN 4 4,342 12-29-2010 07:29 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  Does Kinect work with Netflix yet? Casmi 8 6,678 12-17-2010 10:07 PM
Last Post: HazyCloud