everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Joystiq just put up a preview from their experience at PAX East. They like the game so far:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/12/carniv...#continued

and for those who didn't already watch the trailer:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do
Good to see a positive preview! Big Grin I was a bit worried about this game since the Wii version got bad reviews. Then again the preview says this includes exclusive minigames that are only possible with Kinect so that helps! Tongue
03-13-2011, 11:23 AM
RE: Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do
My daughter has the WII version and hates it, I think ill be skipping this one just because. It will be at the walmart 10-20$ holder in no time..lol
03-15-2011, 09:02 AM
(03-12-2011 08:34 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  Joystiq just put up a preview from their experience at PAX East. They like the game so far:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/12/carniv...#continued

and for those who didn't already watch the trailer:

Looks like it could be fun.
Can't stand the cheesy trailer though.
03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
I WANT THIS GAME BAD LOL

[Image: tumblr_lewefjYqV21qffkomo1_400.png]
!!GameTag"ZappyGetzOff10"!!
03-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Here is a different version of the carnival games trailer with different gameplay scenes...

Enjoy
03-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Apparently, if it hadn't been for Cotton Eye Joe he'd be married a long time ago. Tongue
03-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet..but I think the release date has changed for the better on Carnival games....April 5th is being reported by amazon....they sent me a pre order notification...that I would receive it earlier than April 12...due to the new realease date of April 5th....if this is true we will be hanging with the Carnies sooner than later...Yea
03-24-2011, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 05:32 PM by Ace12me.)
http://ns2.x360a.org/news/news-7838-Micr...-Demo.html

This is where you will find some actual game play footage ...Some pretty cool potential if it works with accuracy...ENJOY

Also There is a News Reports on Carnival games this week on XBOX live Kinect Show in the Kinect HUB...
03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
7 million sales on Wii/DS??? wow...
03-29-2011, 11:03 PM
That gameplay video:

looks as though it could convince more than one family to go and buy that game. Great find Ace12me! Thanks for sharing too Smile.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm going to keep an eye on this, hopefully there'll be a demo or if not I might use a rental coupon I've got to see how good it is. Although I'll generally only get core games I wouldn't mind a few casual mini-game collection type of games as long as they're a lot of fun. Well, that's the point of videogames afterall, to have fun! Big Grin By the way, does anyone know if you get a free box of popcorn with Carnival Games in the UK too? Tongue
04-05-2011, 04:16 PM
This is at the top of my Gamefly queue so I should get it sometime this week.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2011, 02:31 AM
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-carn...o/17-3977/

there's a hands-on video of carnival games at Giant Bomb.

if anyone knows how to embed videos from sites other than Youtube, let me know how.
04-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Smile RE: Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do
Just got finished playing about 2 hours of Carnival Games...I am not ready to write a full review but thought i would write a few things that i liked about it...I really enjoyed Crash test Dummy...Some of the positons they want you to get into would be hard for a flexible cheerleader (ha) but i gave it my best....if you dont know yet what this game is about - it requires you to cover as many yellow brinks with your body...basically make the shape that it tells you to and u win tickets.
I dont now how many shapes they have but they had a lot so far...this game will be lots of fun in a group setting...it was fun by myself too.
Next i really liked the batting cage...you stand as if you are going to swing a bat and try and hit the pitch...the monkey has taken over the controls and you dont know what kind of pitch you will recieve until the last second...there r curve balls, snake pitches, coaster pitches, fast and slow and change ups...i never hit a fast ball haha...i blinked and that ball was in the net behind me...you have to time it just right but i had a lot of fun with this one...I also liked the milk bottle toss...this has a neat gimmick to it...it shows you where the target is going to go...it crosses the milk bottles at some point in its path and that is when you throw the ball over hand....the thing is you dont know how fast the target is gonna travel so you need to try and anticipate when the target will reach the one point that will bring the bottles down ... this was pretty fun...one more i will talk about is Granny Shot...this was a cool game too...you throw the object underhand (both hands) upwards towards the basket....the catch is you have to guess how hard to lift your hands...my first ball was a golf ball...so it did not take much power, the next was an orange, then a cantoulope, and then a bowling ball...each required a different speed of lifting hands...trial and error i guess but it was fun to try. I hope i helped people that might be on the fence about this game....i bought it for 39 dollars through amazon...so far i am pretty pleased with it...cant wait to play with my 3 year old (who i bought it for) but he cant play it until his birthday...so i sneak a play here and there after he has gone to bed...i like that you earn tix for prizes...that kinda keeps you coming back...i earned a space suit and i bought a funny old man wig with my tix....they go right on to your avatar....and you walk around the carnival wearing these crazy things... i cashed my last tix in for a pirate hat.....the space suit old man wig and pirate hat kinda clashed all together...the graphics are great...i love that you play with your avatar just like kinect sports....anyways that is enough writing...take what you will from this but i really like the game so far in my first couple of plays...lots more to see though..MORE LATER

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Arcade On-Rails Shooting Games For Kinect Corellianrogue 1 358 09-28-2011 04:18 AM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  Why is there so few games? doogie88 10 628 09-14-2011 08:52 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  How Many Kinect Games Do You Own... johnnysac5 13 2,129 07-19-2011 06:19 PM
Last Post: CrazinessCake
  Kinect online multiplayer games? nypraise 4 1,608 07-16-2011 03:49 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Amazon Kinect sale on games, systems dirtyvu 7 1,896 05-04-2011 01:49 PM
Last Post: legreffer
Exclamation Oscar Winning Designer Creating Kinect Games! Corellianrogue 3 1,582 04-23-2011 06:54 PM
Last Post: meistroracer