We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Dance Central; not to sound like a prude but....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-26-2010, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2010 10:06 PM by UndgnfiedWrshpr.)
I got Dance Central for free last night at Old Navy and decided to look up the lyrics for the songs today. Eight titles on here shouldn't be rated T for Teen. strong language, strong sexual themes, references to drugs. I'll play the game, but these songs will have to be muted on my tv. No offense to anyone, but man there is some serious filth on this game.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2010, 03:05 AM
RE: Dance Central; not to sound like a prude but....
Um....

According to the ESRB:

TEEN
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

So that's basically equivalent to the PG-13 rating for movies.

Have you seen any PG-13 movies lately? They have plenty of violence, language, *****, etc. The Lord of the Rings series is probably one of the most well known PG-13 movies. Unbelievable amount of violence, blood, beheadings, etc.

Even network TV has TONS of violence, *****, drug, etc.

Are you trying to say that DC should have been rated MATURE? Absolutely no way.
Find all posts by this user
11-27-2010, 03:12 AM
I can't comment on this LOL as I think there are some songs in RB that need to have the explicit lyrics in it Tongue

[Image: thezeeman.png]
11-27-2010, 03:49 AM
Sorry...I hope my last post isn't coming across as rude or something. I'm not quite sure how I feel. I'm surprised, I guess.

I know different people have different opinions of what they consider proper. That's perfectly acceptable. I'm just surprised that DC would be an issue.
11-27-2010, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2010 04:39 AM by TheZeeMan.)
Yeah same here. The music is the least of the worries if you are that concerned. Emilia (I think that's her) the girl that looks like Kim Kardashian, is showing a regular bra underneath a tang top. Miss something, forgot her name has an alternate outfit that is pretty revealing, and the chick that looks like gaga also has an alternate outfit that shows more. Some of the moves performed are quite sexual as well. This is why in my review I said even though the game is rated for teens, I would say no one younger than 15 should play it. 15 year olds are already exposed so there is no stopping them, you can just inform, but realistically, the music that is on the game is intended for like 18+ generation, not 12 and under. That's why there's just dance for the Wii or even Disney dance games Tongue

11-27-2010, 05:18 AM
PRUDE!!! Go play Kinectimals!

Just kidding. I can understand where you're coming from. Some of those songs aren't really "T for Teen". Like Zee said, most of 'em are intended for 18+. At least you didn't have to pay for it. Smile

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
11-28-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm glad that Harmonix didn't edit out the lyrics. That's been a problem in a number of games like Lego Rock Band and the rapper karaoke game. They could've accommodated families by having parental controls that could sub in a bleeped out version but it was good to keep the original songs for the rest of us.
11-28-2010, 03:10 PM
(11-28-2010 12:35 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I'm glad that Harmonix didn't edit out the lyrics. That's been a problem in a number of games like Lego Rock Band and the rapper karaoke game. They could've accommodated families by having parental controls that could sub in a bleeped out version but it was good to keep the original songs for the rest of us.

I don't think a Lego game should really have explicit songs in it whether they're censored or not! I don't want to sound like a prude either and personally I think teenagers should be able to play whatever they want but Lego by its very nature is obviously aimed at young children and I don't think it's right if like an 8 year old hears songs on a Lego game then asks their parents to get them the CD or download the songs then when they listen to the uncensored versions their parents have heart attacks, lol!
11-29-2010, 05:47 AM
(11-28-2010 03:10 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(11-28-2010 12:35 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I'm glad that Harmonix didn't edit out the lyrics. That's been a problem in a number of games like Lego Rock Band and the rapper karaoke game. They could've accommodated families by having parental controls that could sub in a bleeped out version but it was good to keep the original songs for the rest of us.

I don't think a Lego game should really have explicit songs in it whether they're censored or not! I don't want to sound like a prude either and personally I think teenagers should be able to play whatever they want but Lego by its very nature is obviously aimed at young children and I don't think it's right if like an 8 year old hears songs on a Lego game then asks their parents to get them the CD or download the songs then when they listen to the uncensored versions their parents have heart attacks, lol!

but the problem is some of the songs in lego rock band cannot be obtained any other way. so if you want the song, you have to have lego rock band. and to play a neutered version of the song is terrible. just put in parental controls and problem solved.
11-29-2010, 04:04 PM
(11-29-2010 05:47 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  
(11-28-2010 03:10 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  

but the problem is some of the songs in lego rock band cannot be obtained any other way. so if you want the song, you have to have lego rock band. and to play a neutered version of the song is terrible. just put in parental controls and problem solved.

So you're saying that that Lego Rock Band has songs specifically recorded exclusively for the game? Well if any of those are explicit but censored then that's even worse! Who on earth recorded explicit songs for a Lego game?? Lol!
11-29-2010, 05:43 PM
all of the songs are not the full lyrical of the actual songs, the dances only last 2min and all the songs on there are well over 3 mins each. if you take out the 30 seconds freestyle with no lyrics at all thats only 90seconds of lyrics.

personally i havnt heard an offensive word once on dance central. but just because the song has offensive words in the actual track doesn't mean it does in the game..

take, your beautiful - james blunt, one of the greatest love songs around, yet the actual lyrics are f**king high. but everybody know the song lyrics as flying high.

[Image: NO+SUPER+POWERS.png]
SHARE THE KINECT Heart
11-29-2010, 06:40 PM
(11-29-2010 05:43 PM)NO SUPER POWERS Wrote:  personally i havnt heard an offensive word once on dance central. but just because the song has offensive words in the actual track doesn't mean it does in the game..

Keep in mind that because you or I may not find them offensive, others still can. Like I said in my previous post, "Push It" has some pretty strong innuendos.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
11-29-2010, 07:02 PM
(11-29-2010 05:43 PM)NO SUPER POWERS Wrote:  all of the songs are not the full lyrical of the actual songs, the dances only last 2min and all the songs on there are well over 3 mins each. if you take out the 30 seconds freestyle with no lyrics at all thats only 90seconds of lyrics.

personally i havnt heard an offensive word once on dance central. but just because the song has offensive words in the actual track doesn't mean it does in the game..

take, your beautiful - james blunt, one of the greatest love songs around, yet the actual lyrics are f**king high. but everybody know the song lyrics as flying high.

I didn't think about the shortened versions. I may go through the songs I found questionable and listen to them to see if they're okay for my kids to hear. I don't think the game should be rated M, but perhaps they can have grading scales on teen like they do for mature. Strong language vs mild language.

As for the way the girls are dressed on this game, yeah I don't use them. I'm glad they give you the option to swap them out.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
11-30-2010, 11:43 PM
(11-29-2010 04:04 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(11-29-2010 05:47 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  but the problem is some of the songs in lego rock band cannot be obtained any other way. so if you want the song, you have to have lego rock band. and to play a neutered version of the song is terrible. just put in parental controls and problem solved.

So you're saying that that Lego Rock Band has songs specifically recorded exclusively for the game? Well if any of those are explicit but censored then that's even worse! Who on earth recorded explicit songs for a Lego game?? Lol!

Now you're just trying to be annoying. there are songs on Lego Rock Band that you cannot get in the Rock Band series unless you buy Lego Rock Band. So it's horrible to buy LRB to get that song that you were interested in and then find out they bleeped out a lot of songs (and they did).

If Harmonix/MTV allowed us to get those songs for regular RB, then there wouldn't be a problem. They slapped on the Lego part to the game for no reason other than to bring in sales that they felt they couldn't get just releasing a RB track pack.

And Harmonix was not the only guilty party.

For Band Hero, they bleeped out some stuff too. The word "whiskey" was nipped out of Don McLean's "American Pie," so those "good old boys were drinking…and rye." So you hear the song and there's a blank space and it really sounds off-putting when you play the song. It's not just the word that's missing from the song. The whole music is missing in that part. It's like hearing someone press the MUTE button on and off while you're playing. They even bleeped out Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift!
12-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Agree with Dirty, the other thing that doesn't make sense, if these games are indeed for kids, why is all of the music choices for the older generations?? Kids have never heard of any of the songs, I don't get what they were thinking. If its a kids game, make it high school musical or whatever else crap is on those stations Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just Dance 3 Judas 5 132 10-30-2011 11:55 PM
Last Post: Judas
  Dance Central 2 dirtyvu 37 2,231 10-30-2011 08:44 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  In Need of Dance Central Code PLEASE! MrNiceGuy93 1 330 10-30-2011 01:32 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomJerk
  Looking for a Dance Central Import code (located on manual) SomeRandomJerk 5 905 10-30-2011 12:04 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomJerk
  Grease Dance xboxlips 3 235 10-20-2011 10:27 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  Just Dance 3 dirtyvu 27 2,392 10-13-2011 11:59 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan