We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / /

EA Sports Active 2 Kinect Accessories Reviewed

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
11-17-2010, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 08:37 PM by Clemens.)
EA Sports Active 2 - The Accessories

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5bw4wJYX_rS815MY5XlM...snMGU1sH4A]

The actual game review can be located here:
https://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/thread-340.html

Wanted to get this out there as no one has posted anything about the accessories yet anywhere on the web. This is what I was able to pick up and use and my thoughts about each product.

Resistance Bands
  • Cost: $15 USD
  • Quantity: 3
  • Specifications: Light (15lbs), Medium (20lbs) and Heavy (25lbs)
  • Thoughts: They seem to be a higher quality to me, than the resistance band that comes with the game. The handles are already attached where as the one that comes with the game, requires you to knot it. For those that don't about resistance bands, the farther your feet are apart and the shorter you make the band, the more resistance you have. With the different weight categories available, you can pretty much simulate using a weight set with all 3 of these.
  • Pics:
    [Image: resistbands.jpg]

Weighted Gloves
  • Quantity: 2
  • Specifications: 1lb weights on top of hand with velcro wrist straps
  • Thoughts: I don't think anyone makes a better glove than these. The real weighted gloves you can buy, are either full hand gloves or the wrap around your hand type deal, which isn't really a glove. The one problem I did have though is on the left hand, it seemed the finger holes weren't big enough, as I was working out, my hands were getting bigger to the temperate increase and that's when the left glove was really tight around my fingers. Don't mind my skinny arms TongueAlso these probably would of been better with 2lb weights instead of 1lb.
  • Pics:
    [Image: gloves1t.jpg]

[Image: gloves2v.jpg]

[Image: gloves3b.jpg]

Wrist/Ankle Weights
  • Specifications: 1lb weights on each attached with velcro
  • Thoughts: Since I had the weighted gloves on, I decided to use these for ankles. They really aren't worth the $, but I like to be all "branded" when it comes to accessories, so I bought them. Didn't really have an effect on me, probably need like 2-5lb weights instead. Also don't mind my skinny legs! LOL
  • Pics:
    [Image: wristankleweights.jpg]

[Image: ankleb.jpg]

Push Up Bars
  • Specifications: Seem pretty average, nothing specific about them.
  • Thoughts: These work like any other push bars, nothing special about them except they are branded. In all honesty, they aren't worth the price that I paid. If you can get them cheaper, have at it. If not and you don't care about branding, then look for something else.
  • Pics:
    [Image: pushupbars.jpg]

Conclusion
Overall, not a bad choice of accessories to start with. They will definitely help out with any excercise you plan on doing. I don't agree with the pricing that I paid, however I did seem to get them before anyone else so I don't mind paying the extra. SmileAs more accessories become available, I will probably waste my $ and get them, so stay tuned for more!

[Image: TheZeeMan]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2010, 07:46 PM
RE: [EA Sports Active 2] Review: The Accessories!
LOL I have faith in it lol but I like all the toys they have Smile

You can put it where-ever, I can't even get EA to confirm they released these, I think our local store got these early and the french labelling is still baffling to me.

These are actually the all 3 platform models. There were 3 other things that were not for xbox, a jumprope with interchangable handles because it holds the Wii/PS3 remotes, a step board that is Wii only and 2lb dumb weights that are for Wii only.

11-17-2010, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 11:40 PM by Corellianrogue.)
RE: [EA Sports Active 2] Review: The Accessories! [8/10]
I assumed all that stuff came with the game. Isn't it like £70+? Why can't you use the other stuff with Kinect? I thought that even if they didn't implement scanning in dumbells and a skipping rope (if scanning in a skipping rope is possible?) they could still track your arms/hands doing the weightlifting and your arms/hands & jumps for skipping? And for the step, is it really that hard to just let Kinect know there's a step in front of you and to track you stepping on it?
11-18-2010, 12:28 AM
(11-17-2010 11:38 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  I assumed all that stuff came with the game. Isn't it like £70+? Why can't you use the other stuff with Kinect? I thought that even if they didn't implement scanning in dumbells and a skipping rope (if scanning in a skipping rope is possible?) they could still track your arms/hands doing the weightlifting and your arms/hands & jumps for skipping? And for the step, is it really that hard to just let Kinect know there's a step in front of you and to track you stepping on it?

Nope game only comes with a cheap resistance band, 2 AA batteries and the heart monitor, and that costs $99 USD. These were all additional.

I think they are actually redesigning it to be used with kinect's object detection feature, whereas if you are just moving your hands up and down, that's not really jump roping, but if the handles can actually be detected at any angle, then it makes sure you are jump roping. Just an idea. For the step, I'm going to guess they are going to use it to weigh you like Wii Fit, so they do have to redesign that for xbox.

11-18-2010, 01:36 AM
probable for ea active 3 Tongue

[Image: Terrin.png]
11-18-2010, 02:31 AM
I kind of want that NFL Training Day to come to Kinect...I think it will because something real on the Wii is just ...an oxymoron, I think they'll port that over hopefully before EASA 3 lol

11-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Good work, Zee. Love the reviews. Oh, and your legs don't look too skinny. Smile

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
11-18-2010, 02:38 AM
Thanks Hazy - I appreciate doing them! SmileHa - I am all scrawny except for my belly...think that's from beer lol

02-05-2011, 03:07 AM
Hey gang, went by Best Buy and they have the fitness bundles in stock. Picked one up just because TongueAnyhow it has the angle weights that I bought separately as well as 2 of the resistance bands, the medium and heavy...didn't have the light one that is in the 3 pack. The price was $39.99USD. The 2 new things that I basically spent the money on was the fitness mat and the jump rope.

Here's the box:
[Image: easa2fb1.jpg]

Notice it's another "Across all platforms" accessory.

Here's the mat and the jump rope:
[Image: easafb2.jpg]

The jump rope has padded handles and it seems pretty quality, but you can probably get a cheaper one from somewhere else, I don't know that for sure though as I don't typically buy jump ropes Tongue

The mat is padded as well, but reminds me of the material they use for those summer style place mats that are like neon colors. Not sure if it was really worth it...

Last picture is a full length pic of the mat, it is pretty long, 72" or 2 meters in length...
[Image: easafb3.jpg]

So there's some more accessories for ya SmileI'll keep my eyes open for more stuff as I see it. I am amazed though, EA still has not updated their website with all of this stuff. It does exist, if someone tells you it doesn't, don't be fooled! Smile

02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the update Z, looking good! Weird that EA is not spreading the news on these items...

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Motion Sports Kinect Review TheZeeMan 13 13,708 07-01-2011 03:10 AM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  EA Sports Active 2 Kinect Review TheZeeMan 29 16,618 04-08-2011 07:51 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Deca Sports Freedom Kinect Review TheZeeMan 34 13,488 03-15-2011 04:42 PM
Last Post: AuntieParticle
  Kinect Sports Review TheZeeMan 13 12,539 02-10-2011 09:00 PM
Last Post: CiBERSQUIRREL