everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

Forza Horizon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forza Horizon
06-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Exclamation Forza Horizon
Unfortunately Forza Horizon has dropped Kinect steering and headtracking (they say they want to keep that as a Forza Motorsport feature and that it suits racing tracks more) Sad but it's still got voice commands. They haven't said whether Autovista is still in it though. Also it's 30fps instead of 60fps because it's open-world, but those graphics are still stunning!

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/6/4/...race-track
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Exclamation RE: Forza Horizon
Forza Horizon 24 minute E3 presentation plus 2 gameplay demos/interviews!

E3 Presentation

SPIKE Demo/Interview

Polygon Demo/Interview

06-05-2012, 10:51 PM
RE: Forza Horizon
this game looks amazing!

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
06-06-2012, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 06:25 AM by dirtyvu.)

I just found out I'm going to E3! can't wait to try out the games! Big Grin

06-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Thumbs Up RE: Forza Horizon
(06-06-2012 06:15 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I just found out I'm going to E3! can't wait to try out the games! Big Grin

Cool!!Exclamation See if you can ask Microsoft (or Crytek) where Ryse is!
06-11-2012, 06:23 PM

Here's a quick look at the Forza Horizon booth. This game looks awesome!!! 1:00 2013 SRT Viper. It's the most beautiful metallic red, but the lighting made it look orange in the video. changing the camera settings couldn't fix it. 1:23 A real Audi R8 with the Forza logos I saw on the way to the convention.

06-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Wink RE: Forza Horizon
(06-11-2012 06:23 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  1:23 A real Audi R8 with the Forza logos I saw on the way to the convention.

Don't lie, that's actually a sneak peek of Forza 5 on the next-gen Xbox isn't it? Wink
06-12-2012, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 05:54 AM by dirtyvu.)

07-07-2012, 10:08 PM

09-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Gamerzines interview
http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/forza-hor...olden.html

the following are only excerpts. refer to the link for full text:

GZ: Forza Horizon is Playground’s first game. Was the a desire for Playground to prove itself with this game?

RF: Absolutely and for a number of reasons. We set Playground up and a lot of people said we were crazy. We set up in the midst of a recession and a backdrop of other studios going out of business and we’ve taken on a lot of people too. We’ve got a big family back at Playground, about 100 people on-site. We want Forza Horizon to be our calling card. It’s what we’ve worked hard on for the past two and a half years. We’ve poured a lot of effort and our heart and soul into it.

GZ: What made you decide to take a traditionally purist racer and go off-road and to the Horizon festival?

RF: Our challenge was to take Forza in a new direction and that for us meant new experiences.

We needed to find something that exciting us but allowed players to get excited about cars and build relationships with cars. For us, the one huge and almost universal car experience that Forza didn’t encompass was taking that car out onto the open road and that’s what Horizon delivers.

GZ: How is Kinect integrated into Horizon?

RF: We brainstormed a whole raft of ideas. Kinect, from the point of view of a designer, is a amazing amount of fun. It’s a completely new tool at your disposal. A rule of thumb for a Kinect feature is it has to do something that I can’t do better with a controller.

For Kinect to work it needs to augment that experience. That’s why we settled on the voice-controlled GPS because suddenly it was something I can’t do fast with the controller and it was something we found solved a problem not just with our game but with lots of open-world games.

Once you get over the awkwardness of voice recognition and by that I don’t just mean Kinect I mean any device you have, once you get over the weirdness of talking to a device then the Kinect GPS feature makes huge amounts of sense.

GZ: What would you like to see out of a next-generation Kinect?

RF: “I think what we need to get towards is better resolution in the camera. I know the Fable guys have done a lot of work on getting seated skeletal recognition right and that’s a great advance. I think better gesture recognition is an absolute must for the next Kinect.”

GZ: How helpful as Microsoft been in helping you get the most out of Kinect?

RF: The Turn 10 guys got a hold of Kinect really, really early and as an internal studio they were asked “what can you do with this?” incubate this and tell us what you can do with this. You saw the fruits of that work in Forza Motorsport 4.

They’ve been a tremendous resource for us as we’ve implemented Kinect and there’s lots and lots of people within Microsoft who are really adept at tuning Kinect for language recognition and getting word recognition just right across all the languages we support.

09-20-2012, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2012 03:01 AM by dirtyvu.)
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/FG_9_19_12/

Some cars for the game revealed! I'm getting really excited!

2011 Ferrari 458 Spider
[Image: FG_9_19_12_458_Spider.jpg]

1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
[Image: FG_9_19_12i_Diablo_SV.jpg]

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged
[Image: FG_9_19_12_Range_Rover_Supercharged.jpg]

1954 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing

1966 Ford GT40 MkII
[Image: FG_9_19_12_GT40_MkII.jpg]

1969 Pontiac GTO Judge

1981 BMW M1

1983 Audi Sport Quattro
[

1991 BMW M3
[Image: FG_9_19_12_M3.jpg]

1995 Volkswagen Corrado VR6
[Image: FG_9_19_12_Corrado_VR6.jpg]

2002 Nissan Skyline GTR V-spec
[Image: FG_9_19_12_GTR_V-Spec.jpg]

2005 Honda NSX-R-GT
[Image: FG_9_19_12_NSX-R-GT.jpg]

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
[Image: FG_9_19_12_Corvette_ZR1.jpg]

2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X

2012 Hennessey Venom GT
[Image: FG_9_19_12_Venom_GT.jpg]

other cars revealed:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/FG_9_12_12/
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/FG_9_5_12/
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/FG_8_29_12/
09-20-2012, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2012 07:33 AM by dirtyvu.)
2012 Eagle Speedster
[Image: FG_9_12_12_Eagle_Speedster.jpg]

1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
[Image: FG_9_12_12_Cosworth_RS500.jpg]
I remember this car from an old racing video game with Colin McRae!!!

1988 Lamborghini Countach LP
[Image: FG_9_12_12_Countach_LP500_QV.jpg]

2012 BMW M5
[Image: FG_9_12_12_M5.jpg]

2010 Pagani Zonda R
[Image: FG_9_12_12_ZondaR.jpg]

2013 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500
[Image: FG_9_5_12_Mustang_GT500.jpg]

2010 SSC Ultimate Aero
[Image: FG_9_5_12_Ultimate_Aero.jpg]

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
[Image: FG_9_12_12_SVT_Raptor.jpg]

1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird
[Image: FG_9_12_12_CTR_Yellowbird.jpg]
Yes, it looks like a Porsche and it is based on the Porsche 911, but it wasn't sold by Porsche!!!

a great interview answering a lot of questions people had

09-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Behind the Scenes episode 1 & 2

10-01-2012, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 07:23 PM by dirtyvu.)
a new trailer is out:

Demo gets released October 9!

LONDON, 1st October 2012 – Today Microsoft, Playground Games, and Turn 10 Studios released the launch trailer for this year's biggest racing game, "Forza Horizon." Featuring an immersive landscape that includes the epic vistas of Colorado, USA, alongside some of the best cars in the world, the launch trailer for "Forza Horizon" is a stunning piece designed to give "Forza" fans a peek at what the game will have in store for them when it launches on 26 October exclusively on Xbox 360.

In addition, the launch trailer also confirms the upcoming release of the "Forza Horizon" demo, which will be available to download on Xbox LIVE starting 9th October. The "Forza Horizon" demo has been designed to whet fans' appetite for open world automotive action that will be the centrepiece of the game. In the demo, players will get a chance to experience the Colorado of "Forza Horizon", driving a number of different cars across a variety of different event types – from Horizon Festival events taking place in the dusty, dirt roads of the upper hills – to a climactic street race that find players winding up, around, and over the fictional Finley Dam.

Several of the events in the "Forza Horizon" demo will automatically become Rivals Mode events after completing them, allowing "Forza" fans to compete against one another to set the fastest time. In addition, players will be able to drive and explore a section of the overall game map to get a feel for the kinds of open-road adventure that is featured in the full version of "Forza Horizon."

All players who download the "Forza Horizon" demo and then purchase and play the full game will receive a specially designed custom 2013 SRT Viper GTS, which was designed to highlight Forza Horizon's "gone-gold" status. This rare livery will only be available to those who download the demo and purchase and play the game. The "Forza Horizon" Xbox LIVE demo requires an Xbox LIVE account and Gold member exclusive access (during the first week of the demo's availability).

Look for the "Forza Horizon" demo on 9th October, available as a free download on Xbox LIVE.

10-03-2012, 12:49 PM
the official launch trailer is out:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forza Horizon Xbox SmartGlass Kinect demonstration dirtyvu 2 273 10-27-2012 03:44 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Forza Horizon demo impressions dirtyvu 3 207 10-11-2012 07:12 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu