We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kinect Accessories

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kinect Accessories
04-05-2011, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2011 04:15 PM by legreffer.)
Kinect Accessories
I thought we can discuss about kinect accessories.

We already know the Perfect Range Game Mat by CTA that will be released on June 1, 2011 for $30 on amazon.com

[Image: B004PVU4MO.01.large.jpg]

The same company is releasing (on April 23) the Bowling Ball for Kinect for 20$

[Image: 51-6rTm5t5L._AA300_.jpg] [Image: 41%2BqeWvH1LL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Hmm, I'm not sure about this one...

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
RE: Kinect Accessories
I don't think I'll risk breaking my LED for blue balls.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2011, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2011 11:26 PM by Jersmall.)
It seems to me since theres a wrist strap the goal is to let go of the ball to bowl... yet its got no holes how are you supposed to feel like you are holding a real bowling ball. it seems more like a dodge ball or a miniature workout ball.

the only good thing i see about this is that you could role the ball in the floor like bowling but really its not tracking the ball at all.

but then again... you could just about hold anything in your hand to do the same thing... like another ball... a ball that is not 20 bucks and free.

since its not tracking the ball it should work..

i could even just hold that 20$ bill in my hand and use it to bowl at least i save my money.

I personally have not tried the "bowling ball" yet but i beleived it was rushed and over priced.

For 20 bucks i expect at least holes.... they could have just covered foam with that rubber layer and put holes in the foam. it might be worth 20 bucks then.
04-05-2011, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2011 11:35 PM by OrderWithChaos.)
Thumbs Down RE: Kinect Accessories
(04-05-2011 11:19 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  its got no holes how are you supposed to feel like you are holding a real bowling ball. it seems more like a dodge ball or something.

the only good thing i see about this is that you could role the ball in the floor like bowling but really its not tracking the ball at all.

but then again... you could just about hold anything in your hand to do the same thing... like another ball... a ball that is not 20 bucks and free.

i could evne just hold that 20$ bill in my hand and use it to bowl at least i save my money. Big Grin
I completely agree, but the ball does have holes and a wrist strap.
Product Features

* Compatible with all bowling based XBOX 360 Kinect titles.
* Looks and feels just like an actual bowling ball, but weighs much less.
* Finger holes provide a realistic bowling sensation.
* Wrist Strap secures the bowling ball to your wrist for safety.
* Package Includes: Bowling Ball for XBOX 360 Kinect. Locking Wrist Strap.

on a side note, Why call its a wriST STrap when you could just call it a wristrap

Oh btw hey everyone, i'm new. I'm really just into the pingpong, so if anyone wants to play an INTENSE game of that i'm down. Or a relaxing game of bowling haha. Although if enough people get together maybe a ping pong tourney? idk. SmileBig Grin

Ill put my games in my sig in a minute, and my username is my xbl name, look me up. OrderWithChaos
04-06-2011, 02:07 AM
(04-05-2011 11:33 PM)OrderWithChaos Wrote:  
(04-05-2011 11:19 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  its got no holes how are you supposed to feel like you are holding a real bowling ball. it seems more like a dodge ball or something.

i could evne just hold that 20$ bill in my hand and use it to bowl at least i save my money. Big Grin
Product Features

on a side note, Why call its a wriST STrap when you could just call it a wristrap

It would not have made sense not to have holes...

Another accessory, this one does not worth 40$ Dodgy
Game Boat for Kinect Adventures

[Image: kinect-game-boat-is-a-boat-530px.jpg]

04-06-2011, 04:08 PM
(04-06-2011 02:07 AM)legreffer Wrote:  
(04-05-2011 11:33 PM)OrderWithChaos Wrote:  

Product Features

It would not have made sense not to have holes...

Another accessory, this one does not worth 40$ Dodgy
Game Boat for Kinect Adventures

[Image: kinect-game-boat-is-a-boat-530px.jpg]

lol a boat now?... you would think it would be safer to just play on the floor instead of putting a layer over the floor. its like playing kinect with socks on hardwood floors or floating floorrs you tend to slip. from jumping side to side i assume the boat slips and you fall on your face.

Im always either barefoot or wrestling/boxing shoes since they are really thin but have good grip.
04-06-2011, 08:21 PM
LOL at the boat Big Grin

05-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Exclamation RE: Kinect Accessories
The Perfect Range Game Mat is out! (Although not in the UK it seems. Although I still haven't had a reply from CTA. Sad) I think the front of the mat should be 6ft from Kinect though, not 4 ft. (Except possibly for children?)

05-06-2011, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 04:57 AM by legreffer.)
So here's new stuff:
The Kinect Steering Wheel from CTA
Will be available on June 5, 2011 for $13 on amazon.com
[Image: 51r5bT%2B9KTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: cta-digital-steering-wheel-for-xbox-360-kinect.jpg]

Wall Mount and Adjustable TV Clip from CTA
Is available now for $15 on amazon.com
[Image: Kinect%20Clip_empty_lo.jpg&w=350] [Image: B004V7437O.3.jpg]

Kinect Adjustable Tripod Stand from CTA
Will be available on June 5, 2011 for $25 on amazon.com
[Image: Kinect%20Tripod_Lo.jpg&w=350]

The Premium Starter Kit for XBOX 360 Kinect from CTA
Will be available on June 5, 2011 for $35 on amazon.com
[Image: 812hd6awHvL._AA1500_.jpg]

05-06-2011, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2011 04:27 PM by Jersmall.)
These are all good ideas in my opinion. However they are good ideas for something ide make.

a small wooden shelf with scrap wood for a wall mount. same for all the other items i could just make something with "scrap".

At the thrift store i found a MINI tripod it was for a mini telescope. I can addapt it to my kinect and place it on any surface. I could have bought a big one for 3$.

Do you really need a black ball with a paint brush to clean your kinect.. use a soft cloth or a paint brush... the only thing ide use would be the extension.... Thats probably a strategic move by them forcing you to buy the pack. Instead of offering what everyone acutally wants the cord a lone.

You won catch me buying store made but good idea thanks! Big Grin
05-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Set-up accessories I can see the use for, but most everything else that is literally just plastic I'd consider really suspect since they'd block the sensor's ability to see you (including the clear steering wheel, just not so much since it would only distort the light instead of block it).

There are ways however that we can use accessories to actually enhance Kinect's inherent abilities. Problem is there's already so much stigma attached to Kinect being a "controller free" experience that people typically won't even look at anything that goes against their "controller free" mantra (Microsoft certainly wouldn't... likely).
05-06-2011, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2011 10:43 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Kinect Accessories
(05-06-2011 05:32 PM)Maginomicon Wrote:  Set-up accessories I can see the use for, but most everything else that is literally just plastic I'd consider really suspect since they'd block the sensor's ability to see you (including the clear steering wheel, just not so much since it would only distort the light instead of block it).

There are ways however that we can use accessories to actually enhance Kinect's inherent abilities. Problem is there's already so much stigma attached to Kinect being a "controller free" experience that people typically won't even look at anything that goes against their "controller free" mantra (Microsoft certainly wouldn't... likely).

If you're talking about using object tracking then Microsoft aren't against it since they announced it as a feature of Kinect and I'm pretty sure Kudo Tsunoda said that there games in development that use it.

@Jersmall That black ball with a brush is an accessory for cleaning lenses in general. I already have a kit like that. You squeeze the ball as you brush and it blows a puff of air out to help clean dust. It also comes with cleaning fluid and a microfibre cloth. It's pretty handy to include that in the set as you can use it with any lenses like still cameras, videocameras, glasses etc.
05-06-2011, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2011 11:51 PM by Maginomicon.)
(05-06-2011 10:42 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  If you're talking about using object tracking then Microsoft aren't against it
Nah, I'm talking about electronic devices that fill in the gaps of what Kinect can't do (for example, as a result of long-range and/or line-of-sight issues).

Oh that reminds me, DIY Kinect Stand.
05-08-2011, 02:43 PM
(05-06-2011 10:42 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(05-06-2011 05:32 PM)Maginomicon Wrote:  Set-up accessories I can see the use for, but most everything else that is literally just plastic I'd consider really suspect since they'd block the sensor's ability to see you (including the clear steering wheel, just not so much since it would only distort the light instead of block it).

If you're talking about using object tracking then Microsoft aren't against it since they announced it as a feature of Kinect and I'm pretty sure Kudo Tsunoda said that there games in development that use it.

@Jersmall That black ball with a brush is an accessory for cleaning lenses in general. I already have a kit like that. You squeeze the ball as you brush and it blows a puff of air out to help clean dust. It also comes with cleaning fluid and a microfibre cloth. It's pretty handy to include that in the set as you can use it with any lenses like still cameras, videocameras, glasses etc.

yeah i did realsie what it is for but i just pointed out i could use any paint brush i find at home. but really im not that picky about cleaning a lense.. personally would just use a drop of water and a soft absorbant cloth and quickly wipe it.

I suppose my point was that personally I find making a specific object for the soul purpous of brushing off dust on a lense too be a bit of a waste of money for both consumers and the company producing them.
05-13-2011, 05:01 PM
(05-06-2011 04:10 PM)legreffer Wrote:  So here's new stuff:
The Kinect Steering Wheel from CTA
Will be available on June 5, 2011 for $13 on amazon.com
[Image: 51r5bT%2B9KTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: cta-digital-steering-wheel-for-xbox-360-kinect.jpg]

Wall Mount and Adjustable TV Clip from CTA
Is available now for $15 on amazon.com
[Image: Kinect%20Clip_empty_lo.jpg&w=350] [Image: B004V7437O.3.jpg]

Kinect Adjustable Tripod Stand from CTA
Will be available on June 5, 2011 for $25 on amazon.com
[Image: Kinect%20Tripod_Lo.jpg&w=350]

The Premium Starter Kit for XBOX 360 Kinect from CTA
Will be available on June 5, 2011 for $35 on amazon.com
[Image: 812hd6awHvL._AA1500_.jpg]

I have been looking all over for that Kinect TV Clip. Thank you! The terrible ($40) mount they sell at Best Buy does not fit any of our TVs.

Michael