We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / /

Kinect Adventures Kinect Review

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
11-05-2010, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 08:40 PM by Clemens.)
Kinect Adventures

[Image: 200px-Kinect_Adventures_cover.jpg]
  • Official site N/A
  • Developer: Good Science Studio
  • Genre: Adventure / Sports
  • Alternative game name: Kinect Adventures
  • Modes: Full Mission Single Player, 2 Player Co-op, Multiplayer, Tutorial
  • Players: 2
  • Online Features: Achievements, Multiplayer, 2 Player Co-op, Voice, Friends
  • Kinect Features: 1-2 Player
  • Kinect Activity Level: Standing - Active, User Generated Content
  • Uses avatars?: Yes
  • Age group: All

Kinect Adventures - The good
  • Controls are very accurate, uses everything that Kinect offers
  • Quite a few things to unlock to give you somewhat of a replay value
  • Kids are amazed with this game, adults find it intriguing
  • Takes in game photos that you can share with family & friends

Kinect Adventures - The not so good
  • The 5 mini games become quite repetitive over time, there are different "levels" as it calls them, but it's the same concept over and over
  • The default avatars used are the built in ones, everytime you turn off the game and turn on to play it again, you have to reselect your avatar if you want them in the game
  • A lot of "clicking" to keep continuing - any game that makes you confirm to go to the next level several times is a nuisance
  • You are stuck with this game currently, there is no way to not have it

Kinect Adventures - Kinect experience
I do have to say, this is one of the titles that will test a lot of body parts that you didn't know you had. It makes you jump, lean side to side, hit balls with your fists, legs and head - I even think I belly bounced a dodge ball - and duck as well. They also utilized every option that kinect can do, including using the microphone to record your voice and it even alters it. The kids found this very amusing.

Kinect Adventures - Graphics
The graphics are on par with the current Kinect titles. It does have more of a childish atmosphere, but it is still quite fun to play.

Kinect Adventures - Gameplay
The concept of the games are fun, however they are repetitive and this can become cumbersome to those who are bored easily. The controls are top notch though.

Kinect Adventures - Multiplayer options
I have not played multiplayer yet so unfortunately I cannot comment on this.

Conclusion
Well, you are stuck with it, but it is a good title to keep around when you want to show off the full potential of Kinect. Possibly if they add new "adventures" as DLC it could become a popular game, but no more mini-games! Make a real adventure are my thoughts, something like Indiana Jones would be cool to me Smile

More Kinect Adventures
available at launch: November 4th, 2010, by Microsoft Game Studios
[news] [trailer] [gameplay] [screenshots] [preview] [achievements] [order here]

[Image: TheZeeMan]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2010, 12:20 AM
RE: [Kinect Adventures] Review: Not as bad as everyone thinks! [7/10]
Thanks a lot for your review! It's great for people of won't buy another Kinect's game, they now knows what they're waiting for.

[Image: gagmag13.png]
11-10-2010, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2010 10:13 PM by justinj2.)
(11-05-2010 08:01 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  •The default avatars used are the built in ones, everytime you turn off the game and turn on to play it again, you have to reselect your avatar if you want them in the game

Great Review, All tho the post I quoted is not ture as everytime I start the game it always uses my avatar automatically!!
11-10-2010, 10:12 PM
It's probably my kinect not doing facial recognition correctly, thanks for the clarification Justin!

[Image: TheZeeMan]
11-10-2010, 10:16 PM
(11-10-2010 10:12 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  It's probably my kinect not doing facial recognition correctly, thanks for the clarification Justin!

NP, Yea it will take time as it actually started to happen to me at the start finally after playing it for some times it started useing my avatar!!
11-11-2010, 12:01 AM
(11-10-2010 10:12 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  It's probably my kinect not doing facial recognition correctly, thanks for the clarification Justin!

Ahh, thanks for clarifying why my game doesn't save my avatar selection. Even when I walk off screen, it puts me back as that block-headed guy, hah.
11-22-2010, 10:39 AM
While the activities are very well done, it would've been nice to have more of them instead of just more levels.

My favorite parts were the picture taking and the living statues. Very cool in how you can organize them, choose your favorite pictures, delete the bad ones, and upload pics and vids.

The Living Statues represent what I think could be a great great title for Kinect: a movie creating program. sort of on the level of Xtranormal but with the flexibility of Kinect. and instead of merely 10 seconds to record, you can set the limit.

I know there is Yoostar coming out, but I heard even that is very rigid in that you have to re-enact scenes old movies and shows. I'm talking about a movie maker that has no limits. Either use avatars or custom models. Or even use augmented reality such as inserting the person in the video but have CG created props and backgrounds. They could even sell character models. Can you imagine if Lucasfilms sold Star Wars characters so people could make Star Wars skits? Or if DC and Marvel sold characters and you could make your own Batman versus Spider-Man movie.
12-27-2010, 11:55 AM
(11-10-2010 10:07 PM)justinj2 Wrote:  
(11-05-2010 08:01 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  •The default avatars used are the built in ones, everytime you turn off the game and turn on to play it again, you have to reselect your avatar if you want them in the game

Great Review, All tho the post I quoted is not ture as everytime I start the game it always uses my avatar automatically!!

it only signs you in automatically if u got kinect ID

Gamertag=TheLiveLegand - Gold Membership 12 Month
Gamerscore=1350 G (Update Any Time)
Games=
Grand Theft Auto IV
2010 FIFA World Cup
Kinectimals
Kinect Adventures
Hexic HD

Xbox 360 Slim 250 Gigabite Console
Sub My Youtube Account

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Michael Jackson: The Experience Kinect Review Corellianrogue 14 2,642 Today 02:57 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout Kinect Review TheZeeMan 4 6,618 Yesterday 05:25 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  Carnival Games Kinect Review legreffer 13 6,102 07-11-2011 02:53 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Adrenalin Misfits Kinect Review TheZeeMan 3 5,177 07-08-2011 10:04 AM
Last Post: james punnett
Thumbs Up Fighters Uncaged Kinect Review Victoria 21 7,147 07-04-2011 04:26 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Motion Sports Kinect Review TheZeeMan 13 12,881 07-01-2011 03:10 AM
Last Post: Mrzocor