Kinect Adventures
Hexic HD

Xbox 360 Slim 250 Gigabite Console
Sub My Youtube Account
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2010, 10:15 AM
RE: Kinect ID Help
Kinect ID is a feature where you stand in front of the Kinect and it looks at your face and body and logs you into your Xbox Live account. so instead of using your controller to log into your account, you just stand there and it knows who you are and logs you in. And if your friend is playing Kinect Adventures, for example, and you want to just jump in and play multiplayer with him, you stand next to him, Kinect ID will identify you and log you in so that you're using your avatar and account.

To use Kinect ID, you need good lighting because the facial recognition software has to be able to see your face. If you wear reflective glasses, it might cause problems with Kinect ID (it depends on the person and how reflective their glasses are).

To use Kinect ID, you have to go through the Kinect ID setup. the tutorial is self-explanatory and easy.

I think it's a very cool system. However, I can't use it because I play using my brother's account. So when Kinect ID was active, it would log me into my Xbox Live Free account instead of Xbox Live Gold which my brother has. And the Free account cannot play online. In order for the Kinect ID to stop logging me into my free account, I had to delete my Kinect ID.
12-22-2010, 10:19 AM
(12-22-2010 10:15 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  Kinect ID is a feature where you stand in front of the Kinect and it looks at your face and body and logs you into your Xbox Live account. so instead of using your controller to log into your account, you just stand there and it knows who you are and logs you in. And if your friend is playing Kinect Adventures, for example, and you want to just jump in and play multiplayer with him, you stand next to him, Kinect ID will identify you and log you in so that you're using your avatar and account.

To use Kinect ID, you need good lighting because the facial recognition software has to be able to see your face. If you wear reflective glasses, it might cause problems with Kinect ID (it depends on the person and how reflective their glasses are).

To use Kinect ID, you have to go through the Kinect ID setup. the tutorial is self-explanatory and easy.

I think it's a very cool system. However, I can't use it because I play using my brother's account. So when Kinect ID was active, it would log me into my Xbox Live Free account instead of Xbox Live Gold which my brother has. And the Free account cannot play online. In order for the Kinect ID to stop logging me into my free account, I had to delete my Kinect ID.

how do i run the kinect ID Setup and another thing do i need wireless internet to install the kinect when you plug it in for the first time

Gamertag=TheLiveLegand - Gold Membership 12 Month
Gamerscore=1350 G (Update Any Time)
Games=
Grand Theft Auto IV
2010 FIFA World Cup
Kinectimals
Kinect Adventures
Hexic HD

Xbox 360 Slim 250 Gigabite Console
Sub My Youtube Account
12-22-2010, 11:14 AM
(12-22-2010 10:19 AM)TheLiveLegand Wrote:  
(12-22-2010 10:15 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  Kinect ID is a feature where you stand in front of the Kinect and it looks at your face and body and logs you into your Xbox Live account. so instead of using your controller to log into your account, you just stand there and it knows who you are and logs you in. And if your friend is playing Kinect Adventures, for example, and you want to just jump in and play multiplayer with him, you stand next to him, Kinect ID will identify you and log you in so that you're using your avatar and account.

how do i run the kinect ID Setup and another thing do i need wireless internet to install the kinect when you plug it in for the first time

The Kinect ID option is on the Kinect Hub. I'm pretty sure you can install Kinect without being online but I also think there's an extra update if you're connected to Xbox Live. You can connect to Xbox Live via ethernet or wirelessly.
12-22-2010, 03:23 PM
There's no need to be hooked up to live for Kinect. Kinect Adventures contains the new dashboard update along with the Kinect drivers.

[Image: HazyCloud.png]
http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!