Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Kinect Music Game Support

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Kinect Music Game Support
11-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Music Kinect Music Game Support
You know like Rock Band 3. A real guitar. With real notes and chords. With Kinect you could take it one step further. Instead of creating an avatar, let Kinect create a playable version of you. Also it could track your movements on the 'stage', so instead of pre-set movements, Kinect could track your hands and body to present it in the game. Lastly, voice recognition could replace the vocal track, so your 'avatar' could have your voice in all songs you sing. Far-fetched, I know, but it is possible (and was rumoured in Guitar Hero 6)... Big Grin
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2010, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2010 05:48 PM by Clemens.)
RE: Kinect Music Game Support
(11-02-2010 04:46 PM)dp247 Wrote:  You know like Rock Band 3. A real guitar. With real notes and chords. With Kinect you could take it one step further. Instead of creating an avatar, let Kinect create a playable version of you. Also it could track your movements on the 'stage', so instead of pre-set movements, Kinect could track your hands and body to present it in the game. Lastly, voice recognition could replace the vocal track, so your 'avatar' could have your voice in all songs you sing. Far-fetched, I know, but it is possible (and was rumoured in Guitar Hero 6)... Big Grin

Very true, embedding the Avatar in existing games in a more advanced way like these would be awesome. Big Grin

Playing a real guitar too of course, but not sure if that's gonna happen as I'm not sure yet if Kinect can distinguish one finger from the other.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2010, 08:42 PM
(11-02-2010 05:39 PM)Clemens Wrote:  
(11-02-2010 04:46 PM)dp247 Wrote:  You know like Rock Band 3. A real guitar. With real notes and chords. With Kinect you could take it one step further. Instead of creating an avatar, let Kinect create a playable version of you. Also it could track your movements on the 'stage', so instead of pre-set movements, Kinect could track your hands and body to present it in the game. Lastly, voice recognition could replace the vocal track, so your 'avatar' could have your voice in all songs you sing. Far-fetched, I know, but it is possible (and was rumoured in Guitar Hero 6)... Big Grin

Very true, embedding the Avatar in existing games in a more advanced way like these would be awesome. Big Grin

Playing a real guitar too of course, but not sure if that's gonna happen as I'm not sure yet if Kinect can distinguish one finger from the other.

Sadly, it can't - the tracking stops at the hands, and can't recognize fingers. I mean about the new Rock Band 3 guitar that they're releasing - it's an actual real guitar - 102 stringed I think. Smile

Get Kinected!
11-02-2010, 08:43 PM
(11-02-2010 08:42 PM)dp247 Wrote:  
(11-02-2010 05:39 PM)Clemens Wrote:  

Sadly, it can't - the tracking stops at the hands, and can't recognize fingers. I mean about the new Rock Band 3 guitar that they're releasing - it's an actual real guitar - 102 stringed I think. Smile

Wow yes, I've read about that: awesome.

But your 'Kinect add' thingy is mostly combining Kinect with other add-on games like Rock Band then, right? Big Grin

11-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Yup. Harmonix are already making Dance Central and Dance Central 2, so maybe they'll add Kinect support for a future Rock Band title.

Get Kinected!
11-02-2010, 09:10 PM
(11-02-2010 08:47 PM)dp247 Wrote:  Yup. Harmonix are already making Dance Central and Dance Central 2, so maybe they'll add Kinect support for a future Rock Band title.

Yes, harmonix is on the money Big GrinWhere can I buy some shares? Tongue

11-05-2010, 01:08 AM
[Moderator message] Guys, did you know that you can use the "Quick reply" mode to answer to the threads? It will be really more easy to read the messages without all these "quote" messages! Smile

[Image: gagmag13.png]
Find all posts by this user
11-05-2010, 01:20 AM
(11-05-2010 01:08 AM)gagbou Wrote:  [Moderator message] .. It will be really more easy to read the messages without all these "quote" messages! Smile

Yes, alternatively, you could just remove the stuff that's irrelevant to the reply from the quote.

Good tip Gagbou!

11-05-2010, 02:11 AM
btw, I think that's only valid if the comment is OR very long, OR includes other quotes. Wouldn't you people agree?

11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
(11-02-2010 08:42 PM)dp247 Wrote:  Sadly, it can't - the tracking stops at the hands, and can't recognize fingers. I mean about the new Rock Band 3 guitar that they're releasing - it's an actual real guitar - 102 stringed I think. Smile

A 102 stringed guitar? Wow, that'd be hard to play. Tongue
11-17-2010, 03:53 AM
(11-02-2010 09:10 PM)Clemens Wrote:  Yes, harmonix is on the money Big GrinWhere can I buy some shares? Tongue

Don't break out your wallet just yet. MTV Networks is putting Harmonix up for sale. This worries me slightly.

[Image: Lord+360.png]

Cypher Infinitum
http://www.cichi.com
11-17-2010, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 04:11 AM by TheZeeMan.)
I knew it. Where'd you get this info 360?

Edit: Nevermind - didn't realize it's all over Tongue

I am just rubbing it in the RB fanboys now...because I said What if HMX was sold again especially in todays economy on Nov 2nd. So now I am really going to revolt against them since I know what I'm talking about Tongue

It originally started as they want the other band game, PowerGig to fail. I don't. Guitar Hero failed, activision dropped them and now RB is only real band game. If PG fails, then RB is a monopoly. Once it's a monopoly, HMX is done caring what customers want in regards to RB.

Take DJ Hero 1/2 for example, Activision cares so much about its customers you can't even make a song suggestion on their forums, er what forums, I meant website lol TongueAnyway, I just like to brag when I'm right about stuff LOL

[Image: TheZeeMan.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Virtual World And Game Cover! TheLiveLegand 5 576 02-02-2011 04:50 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Table Top game board for kinect greegan_oxb 3 190 01-19-2011 07:24 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  3d Game Character Movements Orion_Destiny 0 136 01-17-2011 12:00 AM
Last Post: Orion_Destiny
  1:1 Online Fighting Game 360 13 903 01-02-2011 02:59 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Kinect Spider man game Imaginary Gamer 1 419 12-24-2010 05:53 AM
Last Post: x360a spiderman
  Avatar the Game peterng25 2 274 11-20-2010 06:40 PM
Last Post: Clemens

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!