Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Kinect Sports Easter Eggs, Tips & Tricks

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-07-2011, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2011 01:36 PM by legreffer.)
I'm searching the web to bring as many information as i can here to 123kinect. I will add photo, video, link, etc. Added item will be mark with [NEW]
I'm gonna need your help to fill these lists...thanks

Conduct Crowd (stadium)
  • Raise both hands in the air and they will cheers.
  • Point your hand (cursor) in the sky and fireworks explode.
  • Move your hand (cursor) side to side over the crowd and they will perform the wave.
  • Applaud to the rhythm of music and crowd will follow.

Easter eggs
Tennis :
  • You can do a serve behind your back (spin around work too) : throw the ball in the air and when the ball start to fall just hit the ball but on your back, your arm has to be perpendicular to you and around your back.
Sprint :
  • Before the start, move your arms at other players and they will talk to you and move away from you.
  • [NEW] You can stop the computer from passing you in the lane on either side of you by putting your arms straight out to your sides, like at the start when the say "stay in your own lane". Good for Sprint & Hurdles (Credit :Zomb1eHeadShot)
Bowling :
  • Throwing the ball at the crowd make them scream !
  • Bowl overarm and smash the ball down onto the lane. It's easier if do the windmill with your arm. It may take a few attempts. You'll get the Wood Chipper achievement.

Tips & Tricks
Target kick :
  • Kick the ball just before the targets pop up. Almost guaranteed to hit a target by the time the ball gets there, saving a slpit second each time (Credit : JackAttack32)
Bowling :
  • Step 1 : Stance seems to be very important. Stand with one foot back (right foot if you are right handed), maybe a foot back from your front heel, my heels lined up since I have slight knock knees, but not sure if that matters. Your feet are going to remain grounded the entire time.
    Step 2 : Body angle. You are going to angle your shoulders slightly so that your throwing shoulder is back (right shoulder if you are right handed). I found that when my shoulders were square or turned too much, the ball had a tendency to spin to the side. Your shoulders will move a little during the throw, but not much. Don't open your shounders up so that they are square on the throw.
    Step 3 : Approach. Start by lining the ball up with the centre arrow. When you bring the ball back, it should move slightly so that the arrow beside it lights up. That's fine, it comes from the angle of the shoulders.
    Step 4 : Release. There will be a slight curve in the release (since you will be going back to the centre arrow on the throw), but finish by moving your arm straight forward and up at the centre arrow. The slight motion should give it enough of a curve to hit the 1 pin, but at a slight angle, preventing the dreaded split. Lean forward a bit, since I found that helped.
    (Credit : Capn Doug, xbox360achievements.org)
Pin Rush :
  • drpatazi, one of our member did 14270 on this one (he played for about 40 min). I throw both balls at the same time. Ideally, I like to get them rolling down the lane side by side without any spin.
    Here is a small clip of it
Achievements
  • Official Rare's video guides and Official Rare's Party Pack video guides
  • Invasion Thwarted (Knocked down 50 pins or more in 4 seconds in the Pinvaders)
  • [NEW] Sand Master (Win a match conceding no points in Volleyball - pro or champ) (Credit : Zomb1eHeadShot)
  • [NEW] Goals on a Roll (Scored 10 consecutive goals in the Super Striker) (Credit : Zomb1eHeadShot)

Kinect Sports Glitch
    [list]
  • [NEW] Never ending loading or saving in volleyball (Credit : Zomb1eHeadShot)

Canada GMT-5
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2011, 08:20 PM
RE: Kinect Sports Easter Eggs, Tips & Tricks
Anyone know how to serve behind the back? I've seen others ask but never got an answer.

[Image: HazyCloud.png]
http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2011, 06:27 AM
wow... great thread, legreffer... that 14000 in pin rush is just unreal... *hides own pin rush score*
01-20-2011, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 12:01 PM by Clemens.)
THE MAN IS A MACHINE! Awesome.

ow, and great topic starter... Big Grin definitely learned some new stuff Big Grin. Will try to contribute asap to the Kinect Sports Tips.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
01-28-2011, 03:35 AM
I added 2 achievements and 1 kinect sports glitch

Canada GMT-5
01-28-2011, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2011 07:41 AM by Zomb1eHeadShot.)
(01-28-2011 03:35 AM)legreffer Wrote:  I added 2 achievements and 1 kinect sports glitch

Thanks for showing my videos legreffer. I will take some pics of my high scores for the leader boards later tomorrow. thanks for commenting also i didnt know of this site before, and I will be sure to pass the word on about it!

Later.

I have a Easter egg to add kind of..
Well for both sprint and hurdles when you are running (especially against champion computer for the achievement) you can stop the computer from passing you in the lane on either side of you by putting your arms straight out to your sides, like at the start when the say "stay in your own lane".
I figured this out when I was going for my champion track and field achievement. I know this is like the other Easter egg but it helped me win against the champion computer! If it helps anyone else great!

Later.

[Image: Troppmann.png]
01-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Really an interesting approach to beating the champion level, thx Zombie. Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 24 12,736 Today 12:57 AM
Last Post: meistroracer
  Sports Party Mode doogie88 0 124 01-30-2011 09:21 PM
Last Post: doogie88
  Updates for Kinect Sports Facebook App legreffer 0 160 01-28-2011 02:01 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  bowling a 300 Kinect Sports dirtyvu 12 931 01-28-2011 01:37 AM
Last Post: GreggBrown300KinectBowler
  Ea sports active 2 multiplayer ywith 7 363 01-24-2011 03:59 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  EA Sports Active 2 DLC! TheZeeMan 2 386 01-20-2011 04:41 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!