everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kinect Sports Season 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kinect Sports Season 2
10-18-2011, 09:09 PM
RE: Kinect Sports Season 2
(10-18-2011 09:03 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Yeah I meant next-gen xbox/kinect/etc, they won't copy nintendo...however, if they come up with new tech...where like Kinect 2 projects an screen on the floor...now that would be SWEET! Tongue

They're working on it!?!

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Thumbs Up RE: Kinect Sports Season 2
I've actually seen that before, but not as in-depth as that video. That's awesome! Big Grin
10-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow, that's awesome Leg...think about what games are going to be like...I mean yeah it will just be a 2D image on the floor, but golf for example, you can see exactly where you are lining up to the ball. It would automatically create a border for your playzone, baseball you could see home plate and line up in your batter box...even the action games...think about a FPS...bad guy throws a grenade at you and it rolls by your feet on the image on the ground...you pretend to grab it and throw it back...that would just be sweet.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
10-18-2011, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 09:43 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Kinect Sports Season 2
Maybe in 10 or 20 years a system like that could project 3D holograms! Big Grin Just think, 20 years ago we were playing Sonic The Hedgehog and Streets Of Rage, with Mega CD games just appearing as that was released, wondering how much better games could possibly get, lol! I think videogames are on the brink of something mindblowingly revolutionary, starting with Kinect itself. I mean whoever thought that we would be able to play full body tracking dancing games like Dance Central and Michael Jackson: The Experience or full body controlled first-person survival horror games like Rise Of Nightmares so soon? I can honestly say that the day before "Project Natal" was revealed I could never really have imagined something like that would be possible this generation or even the next one. I was totally gobsmacked, especially when I found out how it all worked.
10-18-2011, 09:56 PM
LOL I know, I'm scared of getting old...I'm trying to stay in shape now so when I'm 60 I can play Kinect 4 or whatever version they are on by then LOL

10-18-2011, 10:35 PM
(10-18-2011 09:56 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  LOL I know, I'm scared of getting old...I'm trying to stay in shape now so when I'm 60 I can play Kinect 4 or whatever version they are on by then LOL

That's why I'm so gutted having M.E. Sad I would play Kinect games (and other games) everyday if I could but I can only play when I'm well enough and have got enough energy. There are some games I just won't be able to play at all unless I totally recover someday, like the running games in Kinect Sports and the Wipeout games. Even Michael Jackson: The Experience I can play very rarely and only really 1 song per go and it wipes me out for like 2 weeks, lol! (I think I was half dead after doing the review, lol! )
10-18-2011, 10:37 PM
LOL That sucks man. Medicine has to come around soon enough...heck if we can have this kind of crazy video game tech they have to be able to cure M.E. or speed up the recovery process.

10-18-2011, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 10:54 PM by Corellianrogue.)
(10-18-2011 10:37 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  LOL That sucks man. Medicine has to come around soon enough...heck if we can have this kind of crazy video game tech they have to be able to cure M.E. or speed up the recovery process.

Thanks. Yeah, all kinds of technology including medicine is advancing pretty quickly so hopefully there will be a cure one day. No doubt playing Kinect probably actually helps a little since it gives my muscles a bit more of a workout than usual even if it does hurt and make me more tired. I just have to be careful not to overdo it when I do play.
By the way, have you been getting Kinect Sports 2 TV ads in America? I've seen a few here over the last week. Why didn't they also advertise The Gunstringer when that came out? Instead of The Gunstringer they were bizarrely advertising Kinect Sports 1 on TV! Huh
10-18-2011, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 11:21 PM by TheZeeMan.)
I have only seen in the past 2 days, Dance Central 2 which they did a fine job on advertising, I haven't seen the TV ad on the web otherwise I would post it, and ***shudder*** Sims 3...It was the wierdest commerical I ever seen for a game, it has a person in a suit and tie with a dog head on him, talking about yeah call Mario over or something like he's a pimp or something...and the one scene they show, it has a dog on the floor and the guy and girl are doing it in the bed all with no mention of Kinect...I'm like what in the hell are they thinking...Sims already isn't looking good in my book I'm trying so hard to be unbiased about it LOL but no I've seen nothing about KS2...I haven't seen a gunstringer or KS1 commerical either, all we get is Dance Central 1 still now and then, and now dance central 2.
Oh my...I lied, the sims TV spot is on xbox live...it's bad dude LOL

10-18-2011, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 11:43 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Lol! That is weird. I haven't seen any Sims 3 Pets TV adverts here yet so I don't know if we'll get the same ad. I have seen the Dance Central 2 TV ads here a couple of times the last few days. I also saw a Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster TV ad. Hopefully they'll actually start advertising Kinect games again now, lol! Apart from a few general Kinect TV ads, since the beginning of the year the only TV ads for Kinect games I can think of that I saw were mainly for UFC Personal Trainer which was quite well advertised and a few adverts for Dr Kawashima's Body & Brain Excercises, Carnival Games In Action and I think I may have seen one for Kung Fu Panda 2 unless I'm confusing it with an online video ad I saw. Also Sega is sponsoring the Horror Channel with Rise Of Nightmares which is good, although the little ad they show doesn't show nearly enough of the game and mainly just shows friends messing about in the background behind the player.
10-19-2011, 01:29 AM
I just saw the ad for The Sims 3 Pets on TV with the weird dog-man in a suit, lol! I'm not quite sure how that's going to sell the game to people as it didn't even show how you play it. It did show Kinect on the box at the end.
10-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Just saw the ad of Kinect Sports 2 on tv. The forza ad is playing alot here in Canada (as was GoW3 last few weeks). Speaking of KS2, I played the demo and I hoped that tennis was better than that, at least an evolution of ks1's tennis, but it's basicly the same...But I loved golf.

I was very surprised that I could use the voice control feature in french, since it's still not available in the dashboard, it was the first time I was speaking to my kinect, lol. I found the voice-enabled menu awesome. Developers: this is the way to go for the menu!!!

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
10-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I have a couple Kinect Sports 2 avatar outfits that can only be redeemed by females (if you're a guy, don't try because I already have Tongue) that came with my Amazon preorder. I'm offering it to my friends first but if no one takes them, I can give them for free (I don't need to sell them).

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Today, 02:40 AM
the more I play KS2, the more I like it. I didn't think I'd like tennis but after getting the nuances down (and they are there), the more fun the game is. I actually like it more than table tennis now. But only 2 games? at least give us options!

I love love love the skiing. the speed and the control is fantastic! it took me awhile to get it. At first, I was careening from side to side but now i've got the motions down. But yeah, it's tiring because you're are doing squats for the entire race (if you want speed) except when you have to leap.

and KS2 makes you run... A LOT... I think I've run in KS2 more than the track and field events in KS1.

I haven't tried golf yet (too many other games, especially since Halloween Gears of War is this weekend).

If it wasn't for Dance Central 2, I would've put more time into KS2 to get a better feel. Right now, it's all casual play.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Today, 05:02 AM (This post was last modified: Today 05:02 AM by TheZeeMan.)
When I'm not playing it, it sounds like a good idea, like yeah maybe I wanna play it, then I actually play it and then I get bored, there's really not a lot of running, all of the running is spaced out, like 5-10 seconds and you take more breaks than KS1...track and field has you running and jumping constantly especially with the hurdles and the sprinting is just ridiculous, especially the mini-game one. I would play KS2 and then jump to KS1, you will see a huge difference Tongue

PS - for skiing, you don't have to crouch...rest your elbows/arms on your thighs and it counts Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Motion Sports Adrenaline first impressions wiggadun 6 252 Yesterday 09:00 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 8 34,767 10-29-2011 08:52 AM
Last Post: OMLeung
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards Archive mcb1ake 205 21,210 10-13-2011 04:55 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Kinect Sports Easter Eggs, Tips & Tricks legreffer 30 13,063 10-10-2011 01:06 AM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  New Kinect sports game has me excited. ProjectNatalFan 1 642 09-16-2011 03:22 AM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  Kinect Sports Leagues ropeman 10 3,413 08-25-2011 12:30 AM
Last Post: REDMOTH076