everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / v /

Kinect is NOT prejudice! Had to share!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-26-2010, 03:13 AM
We opened our Kinect his morning and as I have already snuck a few private play sessions with it, this is the families first experience. And it was a total hit! And it got better then I could have ever dreamed!

We started with a 4 player game of bowling... something easy and simple. We actually had more players jumping in and out. After the first frame my youngest didn't want to play because she didn't get the ingame guest avatar so we got our 70 year old Nana to play. Thinking wow... truely a family game! But this even paled to what happened next. My wifes sister, Kara, has moderate/severe Down Syndrome. Mid game she stood up for HER turn. With alittle coaching in the proper way to get the ball and to start her bowl... she got it! In fact 3 strikes and several spares later! What a way to get !!EVERYONE!! involved! Everyone was estatic that she was able to play! Its not often we get to see a smile on her face! Kinect did it!

Off to play some more! Merry Christmas!

[Image: IgoThud.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2010, 03:41 AM
RE: Kinect is NOT prejudice! Had to share!
(12-26-2010 03:13 AM)iGoThud Wrote:  We opened our Kinect his morning and as I have already snuck a few private play sessions with it, this is the families first experience. And it was a total hit! And it got better then I could have ever dreamed!

We started with a 4 player game of bowling... something easy and simple. We actually had more players jumping in and out. After the first frame my youngest didn't want to play because she didn't get the ingame guest avatar so we got our 70 year old Nana to play. Thinking wow... truely a family game! But this even paled to what happened next. My wifes sister, Kara, has moderate/severe Down Syndrome. Mid game she stood up for HER turn. With alittle coaching in the proper way to get the ball and to start her bowl... she got it! In fact 3 strikes and several spares later! What a way to get !!EVERYONE!! involved! Everyone was estatic that she was able to play! Its not often we get to see a smile on her face! Kinect did it!

Now that's good stuff! Can't ask for more than that out of a gaming system, gaming at it's best.
12-26-2010, 05:25 AM
(12-26-2010 03:13 AM)iGoThud Wrote:  We opened our Kinect his morning and as I have already snuck a few private play sessions with it, this is the families first experience. And it was a total hit! And it got better then I could have ever dreamed!

Good to know that Kinect gave all of you a great evening! This is a true Christmas story, just wonderful!!

Thanks for sharing!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-26-2010, 07:40 AM

Ps: have you seen the party mode in Kinect Sports? Loads of fun for occasions like these...

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-26-2010, 08:01 AM
(12-26-2010 07:40 AM)Clemens Wrote:  

Ps: have you seen the party mode in Kinect Sports? Loads of fun for occasions like these...

Played party mode right after bowling!

[Image: IgoThud.png]
12-29-2010, 04:48 PM
I agree! this is a wonderful story. My 4 year old little girl is hooked as well. She took her turn bowling and did great! Try getting a 4 year old to do that with a controller. Then she was playing Kinectimals, and the little fairy guide said "come on with me", so my daughter nodded and started walking towards the screen! Talk about getting immersed in the game!