everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kinect sports calorie challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Ive been playing the new update it cost 320 MP but i have to say im impressed with the new DLC. it imgained it would be a bit childish but i have to say its a challenge.

Basically it gives you a choice of times/calories you want to burn. The goal of this update is to reach the required calories burned in the set time. The challenges range from 26 calories in 5 mins to 238 calories in 30 minutes.

each one you complete gives you a new costume to use on your avatars. they also added a feature on the title screen for calorie challenge that keeps track of how many calories you burned today. I imagine it must reset eachday to show how many you burned.
(new world recrod for most calories burneD?)

The events you play are different then any other you have played. Calorie challenge does not keep track of records you cannot lose an event. Instead the better you are doing the more calories you burn. So you can acutally fail a challenge if you do not reach required calories in a set time.

So basically it get to practice a random assortment of events without fear of losing. a good example i really liked was discus throw. it basically lets you throw over and over without any interuptions without being limited to 3 befor restarting.

This is a fun feature but if you do happen to do a great score like beat your personal best it doesn't keep track of it. For the boxing event you basically face one opponent that cannot be knocked down. basically this is a punching bag that you can practice punches on.

finally there is the free play feature where you can play random events you dont choose and it keeps track of calories burned.

i would say its worth the 320 MP and it is a good choice if you dont really like those fitness games finding them a bit boring. not only is kinect sports a fun game to play ide be willing to say i burn way more calories on kinect sports AND have more fun then on your shape fitness eveolved. (only one i tried) I think fitness games should watch out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2011, 06:28 PM
RE: Kinect sports calorie challenge
Thanks for your feedback Smile

It's seem awesome, I can't wait...

Let me know if you think we could add a new record category in the leaderboards Wink

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
04-26-2011, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2011 10:34 PM by Jersmall.)
so i beat the two first calorie challenges then i tried free play for a bit too. then i tried the the last one to burn 238 calories in 30 minites. i finished it but i missed the goal by 2 calories Sad. so i did not get the pizza guy outfit..

up till now im at 436.18 calories burned in 1 hours and 1 minute of game play.(took breaks too) im going to work my way up to the last one now Big Grin.

it seems that when you try the harder challenges the computers are a bit more skilled in the mini games to add up the difficulty a bit.

there are lots of new events too. like boxing theres 3 types ive played sofar. king of the ring, 1 vs 1 who lands most punches and vs a non attacking CPU that didnt die.

track and field i played rapid runner alot on the 30 min work out. they also made me play hurdles a lot its basically the same as rapid runner but has hurdles. theres dicus and javelin too i liked those.

theres all the other mini games too.
04-28-2011, 05:38 PM
I agree fully on this review..it is a lot of fun...I played two of the easier challenges and beat those ...it came down to the wire with last event to beat them....I loved that there was barely any waiting between event..all in all it is worth the money
04-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Yah the calorie pack is good fun. It's nice to see how many calories you're burning, and it is very quick paced, (there's basically no time between events so that's great).
05-23-2011, 06:02 PM
It may be me but are you guys finding that last (30 minute) workout...really hard to beat....i was 38 calories short the other day trying to beat it...I guess i just need to try harder...haha...i just thought i would ask...to see if i am really out of shape or it really is a harder one to beat...thanks
05-23-2011, 10:27 PM
You just got hope that you get hurdles and rapid runner event a lot of times, that's where you'll be able to burn tons of calories in short time. I was able to beat it first time, hopefully you'll be able to beat it soon too.

Also if you're getting close at the end, just ignore what the task is and just move, or run like crazy to burn as many calories. Even if it's like a bowling event you want to burn those calories, it doesn't matter how well you do in the events.
05-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks...I was wondering if how well u do in the event was what was holding me back...just move sounds a little easier...I noticed that too with hurdles and rapid runner ..I was making up a lot of calories with those events...luck of the draw I guess..thanks for the input.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Sports 2 Thoughts? Ace12me 22 858 Yesterday 05:39 PM
Last Post: Maddkow
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 15 23,201 05-30-2011 09:51 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Kinect Sports Easter Eggs, Tips & Tricks legreffer 27 5,328 05-27-2011 06:25 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards Archive mcb1ake 144 5,003 05-16-2011 05:58 AM
Last Post: OMLeung
  kinect sports 4mb update Jersmall 3 712 04-26-2011 04:34 PM
  Sports stats thread Jersmall 5 709 04-25-2011 08:53 PM